Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ken Hamlin (Speculation)

DirtySkin21

take it as you will.. You think that bothers me?? you will see soon enough when your tema makes them moves.

YOu are a cowboys fan, at the redskins site.

IM not at the cowboys site talking about the redskins. I could speculate on any player in the NFL if I want.

I could care less what a cowgirl fan thinks of me. THey obviously arent great decision makers being a cowboys fan in the first place.

but no, i didnt make ANY of that stuff up i posted.. IF it makes you feel better and helps you sleep at night for you to think i made it up then hey, go for it.

If you read it somewhere post the link, otherwise everyone will know you are FOS

tagging flozell will take up 9 mil of their 16 mil in cap room

What you seem to not realize is that he can be tagged in order to give the team more time to work out a deal that will not cost them $9 million next year. Not only that but they too can make a few moves to clear addition cap room. The thing is that they don't need to!

Are you passing this off as a quote from Hamlin? That is just speculation from a guy with a Cowboys Blog. So Hamlin likes being a Cowboys but if someone will pay him more money he will leave. I could have told you that back in week 1 and the same goes for every single free agent available. What you can't say is that some team will be willing to pay more than Dallas. Dallas has plenty of cap space and may get a deal done before free agency starts or may be willing to match any offer he gets.

basically im just speculating from what i have read.

which is exactly what i said i was doing in the first place..

put it this way... the cowboys will lose either flozell or hamlin.

neither one of them are going to take a pay cut to stay in dallas, I just dont see that happening. Flozell is getting old and he knows this is his chance to land a last HUGE contract, and Hamlin wa under a 1 year deal last year and is looking for a long term big money deal.

If you read it somewhere post the link, otherwise everyone will know you are FOS

i put speculation on the freakin title.

and thats what i was doing, speculating.

ITs not like i made the hamlin and flozell situation up. I mean seriously... its all good though, if it happens then the speculation was right. IF not, then what i was reading was wrong.

This whole thread was about things that COULD happen.

I don't think they'll tag Flozell. First off, Jerrah is very hesitant to use the franchise tag. In fact, the only time the Cowboys have ever used the franchise tag ever was in 2002 on….you guessed it, Flozell Adams. http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2008/02/a_game_of_tag.html Second, Flozell is not worth $9M/year. Third, they drafted McQuistan, Free and Marten in the last 2 years, not to mention Colombo and Davis both have experience at the LT spot. Fourth, you’ve got a QB who makes the OL look better than it actually is with his mobility.

I like Flozell, I think it is pretty impressive that he’s made the pro-bowl so many times, and I’m all for continuity on the OL. But I think at some point you have be able to move on without guys who’s contract demands are bigger than their contributions on the field.

As to the OP, I think the Cowboys will do with Hamlin more or less what they did with Colombo. They won’t tag him or blow him away with a huge offer before 2/28. They’ll ask him to let them know what he’s being offered and then sign him to a market-value deal.

I think they will lose flozell though, through FA if they don't franchise him.

and i heard the cowboys aren't willing to let Flo hit the market.. So it kinda leaves the cowboys in limbo, its ultimately up to the players if they dont want to test the market. (which i find hard to see. The cowboys aren't the patriots they havent been winning superbowls almost every year like pats)

I read the cowboys will be letting Hamlin go and going ater a S in the draft, possibly Kenny Philips from Miami.

I know everyone on here always makes a thread about every person under the sun, but i Think afte losing our star Safety we do have a need there to fill.

I think we can get Hamlin for a good price and our New coach has ties to him.

I think we should grab a WR and DB from the FA that can start right away and contribute.

then we should address our D-line and O-line in the draft and prob draft a younger cb with one of the later picks with good upside.

I see Jim Zorn and Blache def taking a look at hamlin especially with hamlin used to play in seattle.

anyways, I just think this makes more sense than signing lance briggs and tryin to stack the LB's.

We can just sign a Decent Vet who can fill in until rocky gets COMPLETELY healthy so that he can play all game. I think him and the Vet can rotate until he's fine.

this is just my opinion..:2cents:

Pass...we need younger, bigger and more athletic safeties

Hamlin was released by Seattle and Dallas for a reason....

Their is no way we pick him up

I wanted Hamlin last year before we drafted LaRon. I thought he would be a great compliment to ST, as they both can play FS/SS. Frankly I was shocked at how cheap Dallas got him and he proved to everyone that he is a player. I still would want him but he shouldn't be a top priority for us. Reed did pretty good and was getting better as the year went on. If we sign/draft a LDE and pass rushing DT, then I'm all for signing Hamlin.

6 years 30 million 10 mi guaranteed! lol.

I read the cowboys will be letting Hamlin go and going ater a S in the draft, possibly Kenny Philips from Miami.

I really want kenny philips. ever since i read this review on him stating he had a strength like Sean Taylor and smarts like Ed reed. If he is there, we HAVE to get him.

Hamlin is horrible in coverage, much like the other "all-pro" safety the Cowboys have, Roy Williams.... would y'all really want either of them in our secondary? I think the 'Boys realized they can only have one safety with coverage deficiancies, and they have a lot more time and money invested in Roy.

I would pass on Hamlin. Rather have Reed Doughty and let him keep learning the system.

i like doughty too but he is also only in his 2nd year into the league and he was a 6th round pick... He could use some more coaching and there is no doubt hes good, i just think we need players to compete in camp and not just given spots.

I think we have bigger needs but i wouldntbe sad if we got hamlin.

I def. agree that we need competition at camp, but I don't think we can afford to throw money into our safety position when we've got a guy who has now had experience in our system, is smart, and a relatively sure tackler, and has a great cap number. We need help and depth on both sides of the line and we still need another productive WR. I guess it's just a priority thing for me. I don't see Hamlin being that much better than Doughty, more productive yes, but they played in different systems with different personell.

I heard Pat Kirwan "speculating" on Sirius NFL Radio today that the Cowboys will pay Hamlin and replace Roy Williams. Hamlin moves to SS and they get another FS. They like Hamlin for his range, but he is really more suited at SS.

Roy Williams is a liability in pass coverage, but they need Hamlin.

IF we pick up a shutdown corner then yes, we wont need hamlin(or any other immediate Safety), but i think if we ignore the CB then the safeties will struggle trying to make up for our banged up and old secondary.

Vinnie Cerrato listed CB as a need during his recent interview. I think he has that covered.(no pun intended)

I heard Pat Kirwan "speculating" on Sirius NFL Radio today that the Cowboys will pay Hamlin and replace Roy Williams. Hamlin moves to SS and they get another FS. They like Hamlin for his range, but he is really more suited at SS.

Roy Williams is a liability in pass coverage, but they need Hamlin.

what would you think about getting roy williams for the SS position for depth.

I wouldnt sign him to a huge contract if thats what he was asking for.

You cant deny he's a punishing hitter at the LOS.

I think if they Roy williams go he might go to chicago though.

what would you think about getting roy williams for the SS position for depth.

I wouldnt sign him to a huge contract if thats what he was asking for.

You cant deny he's a punishing hitter at the LOS.

I think if they Roy williams go he might go to chicago though.

To back up Doughty? He is not even good enough for that. :laugh:

Just kidding Cowboy fans. Roy is OK, but we don't need him.

I like our safeties with Doughty and Landry. We could use a rookie or young guy, but not Williams.

I am happy with Landry and Doughty.. You see how cheap the cowboys got hamlin last year?? why cant we pull off deals like that? thats where im going.. we need to make plays for good players and make them realize they arent the star on the team but the team is the star ( no pun inteded )

We could have great depth at safety for good price if we could learn to do so.

matter of fact, I'm REALLY happy with LaRon, but im not sold on doughty yet, he maybe a liability. The couple of times i saw him blow a play up behind the line he came off the field hurt for a bit... and I think teams will start to take advantage of him since they will have tape on him and LaRon.. I think it would be nice to have a revolving door at SS, where we have doughty and someone else share the plays on SS on defense. and LaRon would be the Anchor.

Then is Doughty proves he wasnt a fluke and is excelling with the coaching then he can start full time but I believe we need competetion.. I think LaRon makes Reed look better than he would be if LaRon were not there.

Archived