Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ken Hamlin (Speculation)

DirtySkin21

Anything could happen if Dallas doesn't offer Hamlin what he wants. But I think Dan and Vinny are happy at the FS and SS positions.

Maybe shore it up with late round draft choice.

Please!! No Roy Williams in DC. I have some close friends who are Dallas fans and they have nothing good to say about him.

That is why Dallas might be better off tagging Flozell. They'd have him for one year and be able to draft a groom a replacement. That also means they could concentrate on signing Hamlin to a long term contract.

They wouldn't be better tagging Flozell. They could re-sign him to a 3 year deal, take a much lesser cap hit, and feasibly cut him after 2008 if needed. If he signed a 4 year deal or more, then it would likely only be feasible to cut him after 2009. 9 times out of 10 it's better to avoid franchising a player.

And it's pretty well known now that they are grooming Doug Free to replace Flozell. They probably don't feel he's ready right at this moment.

Of course, Dallas could franchise either Hamlin or Flozell for now and the negotiate a new contract before the season starts which would remove the franchise tag and the franchise tag cap hit.

I'm guessing the Bengals are attempting to do the same thing with Stacy Andrews.

YAKUZA

I think so too. I think we need to make plays for players like that when they come available to the FA for cheap... I dont really agree with all the money we through at older FA's...

But I do think you get lucky and find ways to sign players like him (before he went to the cowboys) and then we wouldn't of had to keep pierson,fox, or stoutmire. We could have moved springs to Safety and Nickle packages and then either draft a CB or pick up another in FA. then i believe our backfield would be awesome ( i think we should try ot hang on to torrence)

These words

do not make sense in the English language. Was this post written in Japanese and translated by Babefish.com or something?

"Still does not mean that the Dallas Cowboys can not give Flozell Adams a 1 year offer that pays the same amount as a franchise tender after he tests free-agency."

BTW (This means By The Way, it is used on most Internet Forums.)

This website:

Babefish.com

Does not exist. Oh, and lets keep the personal attacks at a minimum, shall we?

The Cowboys have decided not to franchise Flo...rather, letting him hit the open market first:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/021908dnspocowlede.2cfcf52.html

What!? I thought Dallas had already said they won't let Flozell hit the market! But I thought there was no possible way we could stop Hamlin from hitting the market!

While I don't think we'll tag anyone, this shows why you shouldn't make definative statements about a situation that you know nothing about and hide under typing speculation.

still dont mean they wont give him a 1 yr franchise-like tender.

This wouldn't be in his best intrest. If he signs a one year deal, as a proven player, he's dumb. As much as I would like it cause it would be good for us, it's really not likely. We'll resign Hamlin, and I could see Flozell going to Miami, SF, Detroit or if he wants to win Tampa or Chicago

What!? I thought Dallas had already said they won't let Flozell hit the market! But I thought there was no possible way we could stop Hamlin from hitting the market!

While I don't think we'll tag anyone, this shows why you shouldn't make definative statements about a situation that you know nothing about and hide under typing speculation.

This wouldn't be in his best intrest. If he signs a one year deal, as a proven player, he's dumb. As much as I would like it cause it would be good for us, it's really not likely. We'll resign Hamlin, and I could see Flozell going to Miami, SF, Detroit or if he wants to win Tampa or Chicago

Dude dont come back in here and start trying to stir stuff up. This thread is over, it was speculation. It's not like YOU knew or even know everything that goes on with NFL teams. I was talking to my fellow fans and just speculating..

I am allowed to do that and I will continue to do so, but just drop it.

ITS DONE

Dude dont come back in here and start trying to stir stuff up. This thread is over, it was speculation. It's not like YOU knew or even know everything that goes on with NFL teams. I was talking to my fellow fans and just speculating..

ITS DONE

You do realize that saying "speculating" over and over does not make it true right?

When you say definitively that you read something. You are not saying you are speculating, you are saying you are giving something factual from a source

ITS DONE

If it's done why did you say you want this thread bumped when we tag Flo and Hamlin leaves?

And yes I don't know everything, but I also don't make definative statements like "Dallas has already said....." when I know I haven't read that.

Archived