Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ken Hamlin (Speculation)

DirtySkin21

this is a funny thread ... we don't need Hamlin, we have Doughty and Landry.

This is the exact scenario that every team wants. Serviceable players, that improve with each year, that are dirt friggin cheap and are homegrown talent.

THIS IS THE REASON YOU USE THE DRAFT TO BUILD A TEAM IN THE FIRST PLACE, TO LOAD UP ON THESE TYPE OF PLAYERS. Anyone who doesn't see Landry's potential at FS is either fooling themselves or is still having a tough time getting past what an incredible player Sean Taylor was (rightfully so).

Laron's coming out party was in Seattle. And even though he is a hard ass hitter, he is a natural FS and has waaaay too much speed and athletic ability to be playing SS closer to the line (unless you have a Sean Taylor behind you). He can flat out run you down and has crazy leaping ability and great hands and instincts. Laron belongs at Free Safety where he can utilize his god given athletic ability. Period.

Doughty is only going to get better, he reminds me of John Lynch. We need a CB more so than another safety. But let's go get a DT/DE!

number 1: was i talking to you? no, this is a redskins forum , im talking to my fellow fans.
if i wanted to argue with cow**** fans i'd go to the cowboys site. I think its halarious how many cowboy lurkers there are on this site.

i dont have a name for the cowboys site nor do i visit it

also, what do you mean " We'll likely let him test the market" ??? He's not under contract with you fool, he can do and sign with whoever he pleases. he's not a cowboy as of now.

you are a clown. And im done talking with you.

why dont you go back home troll

Doing this publicly for the board's sake, DS. And yours. A copy is being PM'd to you and put in your user notes as well.

First, if you still haven't figured out that this forum has always been a place we ENCOURAGE fans of other teams to visit, and even take part in some spirited debate within the rules, you really haven't been paying very close attention.

Second, given your history of multiple previous administrative actions against you for pretty much the same kind of personal shots at other poster, which have had little effect, at some point enough is enough. So for the record, this will be the last warning you get here. If it happens again, you will not be permitted to participate here any more.

I hope you take this in the spirit intended and will adjust your behavior to the board, rather than expecting the board to adjust to you. Thanks.

Hamlin is a very good player who knows he can make big money on the open market. Jerrah is going to need to lock him up quick or he'll go fast to the highest bidder.

Hamlin and Landry would be a nice team. However the Redskins will have more pressing concerns to be addressed in the high end FA market.

I like how a Redskins' fan can sit up here and comment on another teams' cap situation, when even after Cooley's restucturing they still are on the wrong side of the salary cap but yet can sit up here and talk like they can sign Hamlin and the Cowboys unable to.

Ok.

Well, we can, this is a discussion board. WE are not in charge of the Redskins cap. The Redskins FO is. We CAN talk about other teams' cap and what they can and cannot do.

Ok?

yall dont have the money to pay owens,Romo sits to pee,witten,hamlin,adams, and ETC, TOP DOLLAR and then your draft picks and everything... it's not gonna happen.

Actually Dallas can. And on top of that get a couple of Free Agents like Drayton Florence and pay them a pretty decent contract.

The key of course is avoiding having to franchise either Hamlin or Flozell, which probably isn't as hard as you think. Dallas can re-sign Flozell to a 3 or 4 year deal which would greatly soften the cap hit compared to if they franchised him and Flozell would walk away with more money in the end. Hamlin is the same way, although I expect him to want a 4 or 6 year deal. The cap hit for the rookies, if the Cowboys stay at their current cap position would be only about $2 million.

The question is if the Cowboys are too afraid of Flozell's age and knees and if Hamlin wants to be paid like a top 3 safety. Those could be reasons to make them balk at the offer. If not, then they'll most likely re-sign.

YAKUZA

I like how a Redskins' fan can sit up here and comment on another teams' cap situation, when even after Cooley's restucturing they still are on the wrong side of the salary cap but yet can sit up here and talk like they can sign Hamlin and the Cowboys unable to.

Ok.

how many links do you want me to show you??

Flozell KNOWS he is about to get paid, and some team will pay him if dallas doesnt franchise him, and the same with hamlin.. JUST WAIT, im not saying anything more... WHen hamlin is gone and Flozell is franchised I WANT THIS THREAD BUMPED, THEN STUCKIED.

Im not even going to respond to "THE ONCELER" cus ill get banned from here... lol

FORGET TO READ THE WORDS "SPECULATION"??? this mean sim just speculating from what i have heard and read.

actually, I did provide the link, how about you show me a link that says where Flozell will agree to a small contract and that ken hamlin wont walk to highest bidder?? HAMLIN HAS ALRDEADY PUBLICLY said he will go to whoever offeres him more money. It's not that hard to realize, every player wants to get paid.

and Hamlin knows he will get it.

How about 1 that backs up anything you are saying?

How about a link for this?

HAMLIN HAS ALRDEADY PUBLICLY said he will go to whoever offeres him more money. It's not that hard to realize, every player wants to get paid.

or this

I read the cowboys will be letting Hamlin go and going ater a S in the draft, possibly Kenny Philips from Miami

or this

I've read it's almost 100% hamlin is gonna be gone. They said he was only a stop-gap addition.

or this

im putting out information that im reading from good sources... Yall can;t have your cake and eat it too. the cowboys have already said they arent willing to pay hamlin the money hes worth in a long term deal

Any link to any of this stuff you are saying?

Flozell KNOWS he is about to get paid, and some team will pay him if dallas doesnt franchise him, and the same with hamlin.. JUST WAIT, im not saying anything more... WHen hamlin is gone and Flozell is franchised I WANT THIS THREAD BUMPED, THEN STUCKIED.

Im not even going to respond to "THE ONCELER" cus ill get banned from here... lol

FORGET TO READ THE WORDS "SPECULATION"??? this mean sim just speculating from what i have heard and read.

actually, I did provide the link, how about you show me a link that says where Flozell will agree to a small contract and that ken hamlin wont walk to highest bidder?? HAMLIN HAS ALRDEADY PUBLICLY said he will go to whoever offeres him more money. It's not that hard to realize, every player wants to get paid.

If he said it publicly, it shouldn't be too hard to find, right?

So why dont you do it for us, cause I cant find anything that says that.

HAMLIN HAS ALRDEADY PUBLICLY said he will go to whoever offeres him more money. It's not that hard to realize, every player wants to get paid.

How about a link to support that. I have seen Hamlin quoted more than once that he thanks Dallas for believing in him last year and hopes to remain a Cowboy. Most of the responses here deal with the assertion that Dallas, with about $16 million in cap space can't afford to sign him, but washington, with negative cap space can clear enough room to afford to pay him more than Dallas. That just doesn't make much sense and also everyone knows that most free agents will tend to go to the highest bidder. Thats hardly breaking news!

If he said it publicly, it shouldn't be too hard to find, right?

So why dont you do it for us, cause I cant find anything that says that.

Not only that but he asserts Hamlin is looking for a huge pay day and Dallas cant afford him, but one of his earlier posts mentioned Washington getting him for a low one year deal :laugh:

How about a link to support that. I have seen Hamlin quoted more than once that he thanks Dallas for believing in him last year and hopes to remain a Cowboy. Most of the responses here deal with the assertion that Dallas, with about $16 million in cap space can't afford to sign him, but washington, with negative cap space can clear enough room to afford to pay him more than Dallas. That just doesn't make much sense and also everyone knows that most free agents will tend to go to the highest bidder. Thats hardly breaking news!

PLEASE FOLLOW MY LINK

bigDfan: http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/story/2008/2/12/112148/275

"Ken Hamlin has stated in no certain terms that while he enjoys playing for the Cowboys, if another team comes calling with a large payday chances are he will not be in Dallas next season. "

That quote is not from Hamlin and does not say what you implied, but thats ok you can have that one, now we just need links to the other statements you made, I wait with baited breath

The question is if the Cowboys are too afraid of Flozell's age and knees and if Hamlin wants to be paid like a top 3 safety. Those could be reasons to make them balk at the offer. If not, then they'll most likely re-sign.

That is why Dallas might be better off tagging Flozell. They'd have him for one year and be able to draft a groom a replacement. That also means they could concentrate on signing Hamlin to a long term contract.

I hope it goes the opposite way. Sign a best up OL to a long term deal. Then tag Hamlin which would probably piss him off because he signed a one year deal last season in hopes of setting himself up for that big deal like he did.

im not going to sit here and post every freakin link that i have read from, thats why i wrote speculation on my thread.

JUst wait until Hamlin gets the offer from anothe team..

Ill be back to say, told ya soooo

I will take this reply as you admitting you were just making things up and did not actually read these things anywhere.

That is why Dallas might be better off tagging Flozell. They'd have him for one year and be able to draft a groom a replacement. That also means they could concentrate on signing Hamlin to a long term contract.

I hope it goes the opposite way. Sign a best up OL to a long term deal. Then tag Hamlin which would probably piss him off because he signed a one year deal last season in hopes of setting himself up for that big deal like he did.

tagging flozell will take up 9 mil of their 16 mil in cap room

I will take this reply as you admitting you were just making things up and did not actually read these things anywhere.

take it as you will.. You think that bothers me?? you will see soon enough when your tema makes them moves.

YOu are a cowboys fan, at the redskins site.

IM not at the cowboys site talking about the redskins. I could speculate on any player in the NFL if I want.

I could care less what a cowgirl fan thinks of me. THey obviously arent great decision makers being a cowboys fan in the first place.

but no, i didnt make ANY of that stuff up i posted.. IF it makes you feel better and helps you sleep at night for you to think i made it up then hey, go for it.

bigDfan: http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/story/2008/2/12/112148/275

"Ken Hamlin has stated in no certain terms that while he enjoys playing for the Cowboys, if another team comes calling with a large payday chances are he will not be in Dallas next season. "

Are you passing this off as a quote from Hamlin? That is just speculation from a guy with a Cowboys Blog. So Hamlin likes being a Cowboys but if someone will pay him more money he will leave. I could have told you that back in week 1 and the same goes for every single free agent available. What you can't say is that some team will be willing to pay more than Dallas. Dallas has plenty of cap space and may get a deal done before free agency starts or may be willing to match any offer he gets.

Archived