Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ken Hamlin (Speculation)

DirtySkin21

I read the cowboys will be letting Hamlin go and going ater a S in the draft, possibly Kenny Philips from Miami.

I know everyone on here always makes a thread about every person under the sun, but i Think afte losing our star Safety we do have a need there to fill.

I think we can get Hamlin for a good price and our New coach has ties to him.

I think we should grab a WR and DB from the FA that can start right away and contribute.

then we should address our D-line and O-line in the draft and prob draft a younger cb with one of the later picks with good upside.

I see Jim Zorn and Blache def taking a look at hamlin especially with hamlin used to play in seattle.

anyways, I just think this makes more sense than signing lance briggs and tryin to stack the LB's.

We can just sign a Decent Vet who can fill in until rocky gets COMPLETELY healthy so that he can play all game. I think him and the Vet can rotate until he's fine.

this is just my opinion..:2cents:

Hamlin is coming off an all-pro season I believe, and if the Cowboys are going to let him go (I doubt it), then it would only be because he is asking for too much money.

Either way, I dont see us going after Hamlin because we couldn't afford him either. It would be overkill at our safety position -- we have to many other team needs -- and it would mean moving LaRon Landry back to SS, when he was just starting to excell at FS.

Even before the Skins had to much cap money tied up in the safety position with Landry and Taylor, but Taylor's death changed all that. There is only so much cap money that can be spread around.

I agree that Hamlin would be a great addition, especially considering he came off a pro-bowl year in Dallas.

With this in mind, however, it may be tough to pass up on Kenny Phillips if he is available at #21. I don't know how likely he is to be drafting considering he is from Miami, is a play-making free safety, and is getting drafted at #21. These are all very insane connections to Sean Taylor and I think it would be way too big of holes to fill if he was to replace him. I could see Dan drafting him, but I think it very improbable and he most likely won't be there that late in the first round.

I really hope Blatche looks at game film from last year and analyzes Reed Doughty's play. If they feel he will be a very solid FS, then I think we should focus more attention on a WR or De in free agency. Also, Hamlin will probably be asking for a considerable amount of money , considering he is a Pro-Bowl player coming off one of his best years.

I hope we don't pay too much for him which would harm our ability to look at other free agents.

Its a very interesting point and should be an interesting development in the coming weeks.

Hamlin is coming off an all-pro season I believe, and if the Cowboys are going to let him go (I doubt it), then it would only be because he is asking for too much money.

Either way, I dont see us going after Hamlin because we couldn't afford him either. It would be overkill at our safety position -- we have to many other financial needs -- and it would mean moving LaRon Landry back to SS, when he was just starting to excell at FS.

Even before the Skins had to much cap money tied up in the safety position with Landry and Taylor, but Taylor's death changed all that. There is only so much cap money that can be spread around.

I've read it's almost 100% hamlin is gonna be gone. They said he was only a stop-gap addition. and they want kenny philips in the draft so maybe we can sign ken hamlin and if the cowboys want kenny philips bad enough and hes there for us at 21 we should trade positions in the 1st round with the cowboys and maybe they will give us a 4th or 5th rounder for moving one position i nthe draft to get him..

I think Hamlin would be a good addition to our team. And no, LaRon would stay at FS, and hamlin would move to SS. Hamlin is a hitter.

I've read it's almost 100% hamlin is gonna be gone. They said he was only a stop-gap addition. and they want kenny philips in the draft so maybe we can sign ken hamlin and if the cowboys want kenny philips bad enough and hes there for us at 21 we should trade positions in the 1st round with the cowboys and maybe they will give us a 4th or 5th rounder for moving one position i nthe draft to get him..

I think Hamlin would be a good addition to our team. And no, LaRon would stay at FS, and hamlin would move to SS. Hamlin is a hitter.

Dont get me wrong, I would love to see the Redskins somehow get Hamlin. But I just dont see it with our salary cap contraints and other team needs.

Hamlin also knows he wa a product of that system.

We could sign him to a one year deal and tell him if he plays really good then he can earn a long term contract.

I just think especially losing St and the PRAY-LOW about to leave for Jax..

I just think this could be a solid pick up. the only two big names e need in FA are for WR, and sign Hamlin. We can sign depth after that.

I usually, am never trying to sign cowboys.. but he only played for the cowboys for one year and he really spent most of his career with seattle.

I think if we can get him without breakin the bank.. he played for seattle so Jim Zorn would be familiar with him and I think he is pretty upset the cowboys are gonna let him walk and what better team to come to after them?

HE will know the cowboys playbook and everything. not for offense but he will know the packages.

IF we get cap relief for sean taylor and we pray-low is going to jax i think we can have enough room to sign a little hamlin to our Safety Depth.

I think with a solid CB pick up in the draft and some solid Dlineman in the draft and beastly o lineman in the draft and a stud WR in FA.

I think if we tweak this thing right we could become a VERY dangerous team.

I think Hamlins experience could help LaRon out as well.

I dont see the point in spending ALL that money on briggs, IMO we could sign hamlin and another decent named FA for the price we would be paying for briggs.

THe 1st round in the draft we GO with either D-lineman, or best player available at our pick. WE shouldnt reach for a plyer who isnt worth that pick.

i think we should go O-line in the 2nd

CB in the 3rd.

O-line-5th

6th-either LB or CB

7th- fb

He might be worth a look as long as we don't pay to much i wouldn't be opposed to it

yeah that's exactly what im saying... Only if we can get him for a decent price, of course he wont come free but the cap is estimated to be 116 million, and after we re-work our deals and cut players we will have some room to fill our needs.

We just need to make SMART,SMART moves.

Not sure where you're getting your information from but

#1 Ken Hamlin was a pro-bowler, not all-pro.

#2 We'll likely let him test the market, but he could be franchised depending on what we do with Flo.

#3 It's far from 100% he'll be gone (I'd actually say less than 25%). This is simply not true, he isn't viewed as a stop gap solution, he's viewed as the long term solution to a long troubled problem, and the only way he goes is if some team blows him away with a great offer.

#4 If he's a product of our system, why would you want him? Besides he was a good player in Seattle in 03' and 04'. Was injured in 05' and was solid in 06'. His 07' season wasn't really lights out or anything

#5 He won't sign a 1 year deal. This is the only thing I'm 100% sure of. In 2006 he had a some what disappointing season and didn't get much attention on the free agent market. He signed a 1 year deal in hopes of landing a long term deal after the 07' season. Now that his value is the highest it'll get, why would he settle for a 1 year deal again. Some team will offer him a long term deal, and while it may not be for the numbers he wants, it'll be better than the risk of playing on a 1 year deal and possibly getting hurt or not playing well.

Not sure where you're getting your information from but

#1 Ken Hamlin was a pro-bowler, not all-pro.

#2 We'll likely let him test the market, but he could be franchised depending on what we do with Flo.

#3 It's far from 100% he'll be gone (I'd actually say less than 25%). This is simply not true, he isn't viewed as a stop gap solution, he's viewed as the long term solution to a long troubled problem, and the only way he goes is if some team blows him away with a great offer.

#4 If he's a product of our system, why would you want him? Besides he was a good player in Seattle in 03' and 04'. Was injured in 05' and was solid in 06'. His 07' season wasn't really lights out or anything

#5 He won't sign a 1 year deal. This is the only thing I'm 100% sure of. In 2006 he had a some what disappointing season and didn't get much attention on the free agent market. He signed a 1 year deal in hopes of landing a long term deal after the 07' season. Now that his value is the highest it'll get, why would he settle for a 1 year deal again. Some team will offer him a long term deal, and while it may not be for the numbers he wants, it'll be better than the risk of playing on a 1 year deal and possibly getting hurt or not playing well.

number 1: was i talking to you? no, this is a redskins forum , im talking to my fellow fans.

number 2: look at web sites, fox sports, espn, y'all are not going to keep hamlin.

I just read it like 4 hours ago. IT says yall have two first rounders and you're looking to draft a S with the 22nd pick. you think yall are going to let flo go?? dont think so.

do all cowboy fns not read everything? DONT YOU SEE SPECULATION?

number 1: was i talking to you? no, this is a redskins forum , im talking to my fellow fans.?

It's a message board you're talking to anyone who can access the site

number 2: look at web sites, fox sports, espn, y'all are not going to keep hamlin.?

Yes the internet is always 100% accurate isn't it? How much BS was floating around about you coaching search from those very sites

I just read it like 4 hours ago. IT says yall have two first rounders and you're looking to draft a S with the 22nd pick. you think yall are going to let flo go?? dont think so.?

Okay so foxsports runs Dallas? Or does ESPN? I can garuntee now we won't draft a safety at 22. Kenny Phillips (who by the way is overrated imo) will be long gone.

do all cowboy fns not read everything? DONT YOU SEE SPECULATION?

this is just funny, BTW if Hamlin leaves it'll be because he doesn't want to sign with us, not us letting him go.

What dont you understand about YOU CANT LET A PLAYER GO WHO YOU DONT HAVE UNDER CONTRACT?

lol yall signed him to a one year deal... that deal is over, so im wondering what you mean by yall will "likely" let him test the waters??? tell me about that??

How do yall plan to do that when he isn't signed by y'all.

also, what do you mean " We'll likely let him test the market" ??? He's not under contract with you fool, he can do and sign with whoever he pleases. he's not a cowboy as of now.

this guy..

It's amazing that you lasted 1000+ post with a short temper like this, maybe talking on a computer gives you courage.

As far as you question, there is this thing called a franchise tag and transition tag that we could use. Not to mention we can simply over pay which would likely keep him from testing the market.

sean taylor had an all-pro and pro-bowl season, hamlin only made the pro bowl cus od ST's death

More false statements :doh: . Roy Williams made the pro bowl because of ST's death. Ken Hamlin started because of ST's death, but was actually named to the team with Sean Taylor (Darren Sharper was the SS I believe)

It's amazing that you lasted 1000+ post with a short temper like this, maybe talking on a computer gives you courage.

As far as you question, there is this thing called a franchise tag and transition tag that we could use. Not to mention we can simply over pay which would likely keep him from testing the market.

are you serious? where has my temper flared? i just simply thing this isnt your place to talk about my speculation post.

that's why I wrote SPECUALTION on it.

OH, sorry hamlin started b/c of ST's death.. but made it as an alternate?

my other statements are true.

Just wait, and you will see. BUt you are on my teams website talking about how I LASTED? hahaha

you are a clown. And im done talking with you.

why dont you go back home troll

OH, sorry hamlin started b/c of ST's death.. but made it as an alternate?

Hamlin wasn't an alternate

my other statements are true.

Oh, in the sense of if you believe it, it's not a lie?

Just wait, and you will see. BUt you are on my teams website talking about how I LASTED? hahaha

you are a clown. And im done talking with you.

why dont you go back home troll

And a few post ago you said if I wanted to argue with a cow***** fan I'd go to their site, yet here you are arguing with me, if you want to call it that.

y'all owe T.O what almost 8 million this year??? im sorry but this isnt madden buddy, im sorry you are a fan and you dont like what im saying but my scenario is wayyy more likely to happen than your scenario. In fact, i havent seen ANYWHERE that says the cowboys are looking to pay ken hamlin to stay..

It's funny how in fact yall did only sign him to a one year deal and yet he is already testing the waters... But i guess thats just cus yall let him, eh? haha

HAHAHAHAHAHAAH

why are you on here anyway? i mean if you wanna be a redskin fan man then come on , you dont gotta hide and act like you're a cowboy fan. I mean you've been lurkin here since 02'.. gotta love it

Archived