Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Silly Pokes, speculate they can get Springs

bubba9497

You guys going to keep Springs? You guys going to go back and ask him to restructure? Didn't you try that last year and he turned you donw? If he does it again then what? And what's so silly about him wanting to be close to his father, especially in the condition that his father is in? Springs doesn't think like you fans. Most NFL players do not think like you fans.

Most people don't think like YOU fas as in Redskins' fans. Thank God.

If you're gonna come onto the REDSKINS message board and just knock us, what the hell are you doing here? Get out of here.

You guys going to keep Springs? You guys going to go back and ask him to restructure? Didn't you try that last year and he turned you donw? If he does it again then what? And what's so silly about him wanting to be close to his father, especially in the condition that his father is in? Springs doesn't think like you fans. Most NFL players do not think like you fans.

We asked him to take a pay cut last year, we didn't ask him to restructure. I think you need to tone down your attitude. Otherwise it's gonna get ugly for you.

TN41

1. Blance has said Springs is going to play a big role this season

2. His home is DC

3. He and Smoot make a great tandem while Rodgers rehab

4. He's under contract

5. Dallas sucks, who would want to play there :)

perfectly stated, my feelings exactly. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Are you saying Springs is a better CB that Dallas' top 2 guys? You need to come with something better than that. Newman is a pro-bowler. Henry has more int's and tackles that Springs. Yes-- he would be NO BETTER than #3.

You're crazy if you think springs isn't better than Henry, I'll give you Newman but Henry?!?!? you're a nut job, of course he has less int's and tackles he's been injured half of his career, but that doesn't make henry a more talented corner. If she-nry was so good then the cowboys very obvious top weakness wouldn't be your secondary with Newman and Henry (Champ and Dre in your eyes) along with the most overrated safety in the league roy williams

Sure dallas can have him, for one of their 1st Round Picks :D. Otherwise they can go find themselves somewhere else :D

No Springs was asked to take a PAY CUT, not to restructure. There is technically a difference.

And let's not rule out some veterans getting released and possibly becoming available. Word out of Washington is that Shawn Springs might be on his way out the door. If he's looking for a new team, Dallas might make sense for him, for a few reasons. Sure, he'd like to be closer to his ailing father Ron. But that kind of player, at that point in his career, could be a good fit for the Cowboys.

Then again, it's only speculation. Springs is still a member of the Redskins. Certainly wouldn't want Danny boy all upset and throwing the tampering book at the Cowboys. I'm just saying, a player like that might not cost the Cowboys too much and could help this team as a third corner.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=1F8F9B6C-9BE6-9F07-806A3FC8AD7C2321

i wouldn't be surprised if he ended up a puke before his playing days are over.

Not necessarily. I guess it's inconceivable that a guy would take less money to be close to his ailing father.

Kind of like Leonard Davis. Redskins and Giants offered more money but he took less form the Cowboys to be close to his father, who then passed away shortly thereafter.

Only an idiot would believe that both the Skins and Giants offered Davis more money yet he chose Dallas.

Yea, you're right. Most players dont think like us fans. But some do. Take, for example, LaVar Arrington, who said there is no way he would play for Dallas. Or Troy Vincent, who basically said Dallas was interested in him but there was no way he'd go there.

BTW, remember where you are. You're in our house and show some damn respect or GTFO.

Not necessarily. I guess it's inconceivable that a guy would take less money to be close to his ailing father.

Kind of like Leonard Davis. Redskins and Giants offered more money but he took less form the Cowboys to be close to his father, who then passed away shortly thereafter.

under the circumstances, there is no advantage to be near his father, who probably won't make it to next season

Davis took less money? :laugh: considering he wasn't offered a contract from Washington, and never talked with the giants.... I doubt that

Wow how much can you get wrong in one thread

Springs was asked to take a pay cut coming off an injury plagued season, but then the Redskins decided to pay him his huge salary than risk losing him.

He has stated he wants to stay in DC, the Skins have said the need him next season.

BTW his father is in a coma with zero % chance to survive... what advantage would Springs have to uproot his family to Dallas when his presence is not even known by his father, nor sadly is his father likely make it to the next season

Thank goodness Springs and most human beings don't think like clueless poke fans.... instead base decisions on facts, logic, and common sense

And what's so silly about him wanting to be close to his father, especially in the condition that his father is in?

I doubt he'll be compelled to be closer to his father while he's in a coma (I don't think he's waken up yet? Has he?), but I don't think him coming to dallas is as far fetched as some skins fans think. For starters, if Springs is released he won't command big money. He's too high up in age. Next, he'll likely want to be on a winning team. What happens to Springs will really depend on the advice his agent gives him. I don't recall what his base salary is for 08' (cap # is roughly 7.5), but if it's likely he can get more in a signing bonus, he likely won't restructure, cause if he does there's no way he'll be in washington in 09'. It'll push too much money into the final year of his contract, and his value to other teams decreases every year.

Wow, post a bunch of inaccuracies and flame the board. If you're going to take the attitude that you are, at least try to be right about ONE thing that you say. And what's this 'you fans' nonsense. What are you? Or, who are you? Joe..... Joe Buck, is that you? Is a half naked Aikman there with you?

Are you saying Springs is a better CB that Dallas' top 2 guys? You need to come with something better than that. Newman is a pro-bowler. Henry has more int's and tackles that Springs. Yes-- he would be NO BETTER than #3.

Respectfully, (and respect is at a premium when saying anything about a Cowpuke) I disagree. In a team game often the individual player stats are irrelevant. How much better would Springs be if he had the Cowpatties pass rush? How much better would he be if he was playing with a 10 point lead instead of a 3 point lead in the 4th quarter? How much better would he be if the offense kept the D off the field for two-thirds of the game instead of playing two-thirds of the game? How much better would he be if he had to cover Brandon Lloyd instead of Terrell Owens? How much worse would he be if he didn't have Laron Landry playing safety so he could jump some of the plays?

To your point on the relative number of tackles, the number of tackles made by the secondary usually means that more completions are being made against them.

Unfortunately the only way to put an end to this discussion would be to lose Springs to the Cowgirls. That's something I hope we never do.

Don't see why it's not a possibility.

Behind Newman and Henry our Corners suck. We draft a rookie he may not be ready to play from Day One.

In Nickel/Dime situations Newman slides into the slot leaving him by himself on the outside with #1's and #'2s.

A 3rd corner is what we need. If Springs is released Dallas will sign Drayton Florence or Shawn Springs.

I hope you mean Springs would become your #2 CB, because there's no way in HELL Henry's better then Springs.

Dont worry though, Springs aint leavin!

Redskins never offered leonord a contract

What exactly is silly about that speculation? Springs has had a contentious relationship with the FO and carries a big cap number that could keep the team from making major moves in FA without restructuring.

It's not exactly far fetched to make the assumption that Springs may be a salary cap victim.

Archived