Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL network and CJ

wolfeman12

Are you sure he was a beat writer, because I remember them interviewing the editor of Bengals.com. IMO, that's one of the last people I'd go to for an objective opinion. Don't go to a guy that the team pays to make them look good for inside information.

I dunno, Larry Michael really tells it like it is! :laugh:

TO is 34, and it looks like he has 2-4 effective years left.

TO also takes very good care of himself. Johnson has admitted he eats like crap. This team really needs to get younger! We must keep our picks and build it the right way. This would be a 2000 move all over again.

We need CJ like Rosie O'Donnell needs another piece of cake!

I dunno, Larry Michael really tells it like it is! :laugh:

TO also takes very good care of himself. Johnson has admitted he eats like crap. This team really needs to get younger! We must keep our picks and build it the right way. This would be a 2000 move all over again.

We need CJ like Rosie O'Donnell needs another piece of cake!

I agree. We don't need another 30+ player, especially at the suggested cost.

Seriously? He led the AFC in catches and went to the Pro Bowl, what else do you want?

You caught him before I could get to him.

The fans have turned on Chad. From blogs to radio to TV, nobody wants him back. In fact, they'd rather him sit and mope than be traded (and help the team). To be honest all he's doing is driving his stock down. Either the Bengals will be desperate to move him or he'll sit all year long. You think Snyder is a douche? Check out Mike Brown. He doesn't care if they win at all, just that they sell out...who's heard of a season ticket waiting list for a team who can't win more than 8 games and no playoff wins since God knows when.

Edit: Welker was traded for a 2nd so I wouldn't give up more than that...I also wouldn't count on anymore than 3 years w/o complaining.

Well, at least you can admit that Danny Boy is trying.

Unlike the majority, I'm all for Chad Johnson. He's been the most yd producing WR in the league over the last 5 years and his ypc continues to increase. However, NFL Network is right, it's more expensive to let him go than to keep him. The Bengals would take a million dollar cap hit if CJ was traded...is that worth the 21st pick?

That's the question.

I don't see them letting him go.

If they keep him there will be total unrest in cincy. He will bring the house down. Look at the Raiders with Moss. Oh he's outta there and they better take the hit now, because a year from now, after he has destroyed the team his value will be **** for cincy. I don't see where they have a choice. This is just my opinion, but looking at past history of other teams, he should be leaving there soon.

If they keep him there will be total unrest in cincy. He will bring the house down. Look at the Raiders with Moss. Oh he's outta there and they better take the hit now, because a year from now, after he has destroyed the team his value will be **** for cincy. I don't see where they have a choice. This is just my opinion, but looking at past history of other teams, he should be leaving there soon.

I thnk you're absolutely right but I really don't give a rat's ass about Cincy, this needs to be about what CJ is worth to us. If the Bungles want to shop him then it should be a buyer's market, let me see us make a good deal for him

I'm back and forth on this one. Roy is good, chad is good, but this whole CJ is starting to have Dieon Sanders written all over it.

Capt Rich:

I had that same train of thought; the LAST thing we need in our "O" Locker Room is "some one who loves me some me" ;)

Chad is a talented player, why doesn't he just let his talent talk vs "acting out"? I can tell you, I don't watch Chad play because of his "actions" after a great play. We may or may not need a WR - but Zorn needs to make that determination along with his "O" staff; perhaps with development of our QB and receivers from Zorn, we may already have the WR covered for a year or two.

And as an afterthought:

:2cents:

We make fun of TO for his outrageous "fits" - what is the difference between Johnson and TO? The Washington Redskin already has enough press on "odd dressing" - we don't need the issue to accelerate.

Seriously? He led the AFC in catches and went to the Pro Bowl, what else do you want?

He did that while people were chasing Stallworth and Moss down the field clearing out DBs. He faced Linebackers all year. I would bet at least 60% of his catches came while he was being covered by a linebacker. If you want to point out stats and don't see him for what he is I don't know what to tell you.

Guys that are better than him

Randy Moss

Terrell Owens

Chad Johnson

Steve Smith

Larry Fitgerald

Anquan Boldin

Plaxico

Andre Johnson

Marvin Harrison

Reggie Wayne

Torry Holt

Colston

I could keep on going but you should get the point

I wouldn't trade Santana Moss for him. Do you think Welker could be a number 1 reciever and line up on the outside?

Are you sure he was a beat writer, because I remember them interviewing the editor of Bengals.com. IMO, that's one of the last people I'd go to for an objective opinion. Don't go to a guy that the team pays to make them look good for inside information.

TO is 34, and it looks like he has 2-4 effective years left.

my post had nothing to do with TO. why dont you go back and read the part I quoted

Archived