Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now what with B. Lloyd?

Master Blaster

I know he has not been a favorite of the board these past few years, but I am cautiously optimistic about how he could potentially perform in a Jim Zorn offense. With an variation of the WC offense, size of WR's can be very important, and Lloyd is one of the few WR's on our team (besides Caldwell) with a little bit of height. Others will probably chime in with Mix here, but I'd much rather have someone who has performed in this league at a fairly high level than someone we hope can blossom.

For whatever reason, Lloyd was not liked by the former staff. I hope Zorn and whomever ends up being the OC will give him a clean slate, and hopefully he can make the best of it. I feel he has way more ability that Hackett, who performed well in Seattle in this offense.

Hopefully this year will be his to shine, and we will finally see the value of the money we invested in him.

Your going to get bashed probably by alot of close minded people. The fact is Brandon Lloyd probably will not be on this team unless he restructures his contract. I am not sure Brandon even wants to play football anymore just by looking at his myspace. He undoubtedly has talent but he has also been given plenty of opportunities.

I know he has not been a favorite of the board these past few years, but I am cautiously optimistic about how he could potentially perform in a Jim Zorn offense. With an variation of the WC offense, size of WR's can be very important, and Lloyd is one of the few WR's on our team (besides Caldwell) with a little bit of height. Others will probably chime in with Mix here, but I'd much rather have someone who has performed in this league at a fairly high level (snip)
Who are you talking about? :laugh:

Zorn has enough detachment that I think EVERY person on offense will have to earn their spot, that means if MOss ain't getting the job done he RIDES the pine. That's why I wanted a new guy and saunders gone. Joe and Al Coddled Santana far too much last year

Who are you talking about? :laugh:

Two seasons before Washington-

Year Team GM REC YDS AVG LNG TD FD FMB FMB LST

2004 SFO 13 43 565 13.1 52 6 26 0 0

2005 SFO 16 48 733 15.3 89 5 34 1 1

I would take those numbers in a second. In comparison to Mix's stats, who would you take. He has performed at a fairly high level, just not here. That's why I am hoping he will shine in Zorn's offense. You gotta remember too, he was the focal point of defenses while in SF because they had no one else at the time. He should be a competent 2 or 3 if given the right opportunity.

Zorn has enough detachment that I think EVERY person on offense will have to earn their spot, that means if MOss ain't getting the job done he RIDES the pine. That's why I wanted a new guy and saunders gone. Joe and Al Coddled Santana far too much last year

Couldn't agree more. If Lloyd had dropped one of the passes that Moss continually dropped last season, he would have been ran out of town by both the coaches and this message board. I would people would give Lloyd the same amount of leeway they gave Moss this past year.

Your going to get bashed probably by alot of close minded people. The fact is Brandon Lloyd probably will not be on this team unless he restructures his contract. I am not sure Brandon even wants to play football anymore just by looking at his myspace. He undoubtedly has talent but he has also been given plenty of opportunities.

Do you have a link to his MySpace. You have aroused my curiousity.

Thats a decision for our new HC to make.If he thinks he can get something out of Lloyd,then we will keep him.

That's pretty much stating the obvious.

My point is I hope Zorn comes in and gives every player a chance. Unlike Gibbs, I hope he plays the best players possible instead of having favorites. I mean, I'm sorry, but most on this board could cover Thrash. As much as the man has done for the 'Skins throughout the years, the cord eventually needs to be cut. Some could argue the same for Jansen. Personally, I think he's good to have around as a backup RT/RG, but I think his days of starting are over. Couple years ago with Brunell, when everyone else knew he was washed up. As much as I loved Gibbs, he had his flaws and I feel it negatively affected this team.

To further illustrate my point, look back to the third and two plays where we would have I-Backs, two tight ends (one of which was Yoder), and Thrash at WR. Everyone and there mother knew we were going to run the ball with Cooley being the only option to consider going to if we did decide to pass.

It's a new day in Redskin's Park, and I am excited.

Archived