Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How about Jordy Nelson WR from KSU??

theMEAST21

While bored down here in richmond, I was looking at different draft possibilities and while I was looking at Aqib Talib (Kansas Corner that a lot of people are high on) I saw a highlight of him getting burned by one fast white kid named Jordy Nelson.

The guy is 6 3 and according to the video has 4.3 speed although he's listed at 4.5 speed on scout.com. He is projected, pre-combine mind you, to be a late 3rd to 4th round pick.

IMO this kid could be a chris cooley type steal with our third rounder. He addresses our Big Receiver problem without having to invest a 1st round pick in the most fickle first round draft position there is: WR. Also, this way we could address DE/OL/or CB with our 1st and 2nd.

If you scroll down the right side of youtube you can also find some more highlights

Thoughts?

Nelson is gonna be good I think. I'd also think we should look hard at Devin Thomas from Michigan State. Thomas would probably have to be a 2nd though.

Crazy to think that a guy who was just named an all american at reciever(Nelson) could probably drop to the 3rd or 4th rd.

He faced all the same DBs that Malcom Kelly faced and put up much better numbers. Kelly will probably go in the top half of the 1st.

hmm I don't know. He was a QB turned WR, much like Matt Jones, WR for the Jaguars. Personally, I don't want a Matt Jones-type player that underperforms and will take some time adjusting to the NFL. But thats my opinion.

I see your point, but unlike jones, he at least has experience as a receiver before entering the draft.

I hope we take a shot at a WR in the draft (not 1st round though), and can resist the temptation to mortgage draft picks for over the hill FA players.

There is definitely more risk involved in the draft (and likely more time to develop), but the rewards are much, much greater.

This guy looks great to me. I want students of the game, not just naturally athletic players. i want players that WANT to work, that have a strong work ethic and are not GIVEN ANYTHING and have to EARN it.

• 3 weeks later...
If he runs a 4.3 at the combine, he'll probably go in the first round. It all depends on the combine for guys like this.

Since I just saw Jordy Nelson run a 4.51 at the NFL combine. It's not 4.3, but I wouldn't mind seeing us land this guy. I was pretty negative about him in this thread, but I was expecting a Dwayne Jarrett performance. He isn't a burner, but I hear he beat Aqib Talib silly in a game this year. Anybody who runs in the 4.5 range can't be disqualified.

hmm I don't know. He was a QB turned WR, much like Matt Jones, WR for the Jaguars. Personally, I don't want a Matt Jones-type player that underperforms and will take some time adjusting to the NFL. But thats my opinion.

Jordy Nelson wasn't a QB in college. He came in as a safety but converted to WR as a sophmore. The only resemblence to Matt Jones is that both are white. Jordy Nelson was the focus of the Kansas State offense and caught 120+ balls as a senior. He's got great hands, and runs good routes but is not considered an elite deep threat player. He's quick rather than fast but 4.50 speed is still respectable. Most importantly he was extremely productive in college. At 6'3"' and 216 (or so) he could be the guy that the Skins need.

Archived