Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How about Jordy Nelson WR from KSU??

theMEAST21

I like Nelson a lot. He's big, has good game speed, and was more productive than Sweed and Kelly last year (he had 122 catches). Scouting reports also say he's tough and has a good head on his shoulders. I'd like to see DE, DT, OL in the first couple rounds and if he is around when we pick in round 3 he should be a great value.

I'm not saying he's better than the 1st round guys obviously, just that he is a good value for someone we can get after addressing some other needs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=148060

I'd take the BPA in the first two rounds... BPA will likely be a DE or OL in the 1st round and 2nd round this year (those positions are really deep). Hopefully, Nelson will be available in the 3rd, but it's unlikely. BTW, is anyone else going to probably hate seeing Felix Jones in a Cowboy uniform? You know if they don't trade up to land McFadden, they will stay where they are and probably land Felix Jones and a solid WR with their two picks in the 1st round. I have to say that is a bit scary, even if it's Tony Simpson throwing the football...

I was watching the receiver drills today and he didn't look very good in his out route, and only looked above average on other routes, not particularly impressive. I wouldn't be upset if we picked him up, but don't get him in place of a potential starter.

You wouldn't be picking up Nelson to run the out route. Leave that task to Moss and Randel El. Nelson is the bigger solid WR that you need to catch passes in traffic. I agree he's not going to look as impressive as some of the flashier WRs. But I don't want flash. I want the guy who will help to move the chains. The fact that's he's known for soft hands and consistency is a major plus IMO.

Archived