Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Darrell Green Blog Update (Dinner with Dan, and butterflies)

voicekiller

well that's certainly a very deep approach! if you need a daddy figure that's your limitation...not mine!

WTF? daddy figure. Look, the only thing i said was i trust DG assesment of the situation over yours (A FAN) and will anytime. What the hell gives you the background to be able to tell me what is and is not real?

Your opinion is your opinion. Don't be like some of the other *******s on this board who go around ****ting on people when they dont' agree with them.

It makes you look arrogant.

Have a nice day and enjoy the SuperBowl. :)

No, but he has had personal conversations with Dan, which is where he formed his opinion. Did you?
- the assumption is that being a great player automatically qualifies one to assess ownership? especially one HE NEVER PLAYED FOR? what kind of well thought through position as that?

Thought out??, like your comment that "HE NEVER PLAYED FOR" You know HE DID PLAY FOR DAN!!

You're right, unlike any of us DG has had personal conversations with Dan...so he has a better understanding of the process than we do.

And what kind of well thought out post can you have when you get the facts wrong...

Darrel played for Danny Boy... Under Marty... What kind of well thought out statement is that? :laugh: :laugh:
Yeah, At the time it looked like that year was gonna be D Greens last. He was pissed that Marty wanted a fight at corner. He didnt think that Schottenheimer respected him, or understood just how good he was. The Spurrier years were tough, but I am glad Darrell came back. I wonder who he, personally, would want as HC.

bugel is really the only coach that gibbs hired that did his along with the TE's coach.

scheme wise,the offense was atrocious under gibbs.and it's been reported that gibbs and alot of his elder statesman pinned saunders away from gameplanning.

saunders was basically a teacher of his playbook and a playcaller while gibbs and his older crew ran the offense.

Come next year you may be right. For the time being....Ill take Darell Green's assesment over yours 24-7, 365.

10-4. Bottom line, all of us that are on here are fans (unless you believe the 'insider' stuff or 'my brothers neighbors best friend is a scout' stuff). Anyway I think DG knows much more than we do. The average person on this board, including myself, probably is right on about 10-50% of Redskins football related things. That being said, we can go back to pretending we know more than everybody else.

the assumption is that being a great player automatically qualifies one to assess ownership? especially one HE NEVER PLAYED FOR? what kind of well thought through position as that?

you love DG. great. so did I. that doesn't mean I think he is especially qualified to speak out on the subject of running a football team. especially since he had no qualifications. and especially since he did not comment on other factors - like why it has been a cluster you know what to this point.

Since you put it bold letters, you should at least try and be right. DG certainly played when Snyder was the owner, you might want to recheck that one. And since DG has no "qualifications" for running a football team, just exactly what are yours?

that's the most dumb arse reasoning I have choked on in quite some time. It raises too many questions...such as...

1) Snyder never held his coaches accountable before?

2) Snyder doesn't hold all the cards as the billpayer?

3) Just what accountability should coaches have to an owner with little to no football savvy? what are the real implications of this line of thought?

4) hmmmm.....why didn't "Danny" ever raise this issue while Joe was hiring coaches left and right? is he tacitly saying Joe had is head up is rear? is he saying he made a mistake in letting Joe slect coaches? is he saying someone lied when repeated statements were made that Cerrato/Snyder/Gibbs discussed all hiring/personnel moves?

does anyone here find it just a bit worrisome that the message is the assistants should be accountable to the owner and his crony? accountable for what? to what level? how is this different from other staffs? what's the management philosophy in play here - castrate the HC?

what gives? this is a crock.

Dag man, show DG some respect.

Darrel played for Danny Boy... Under Marty... What kind of well thought out statement is that? :laugh: :laugh:

Don't forget the two years of Norvous... Snyder took over in 1999, so offically he played 3 years with Snyder as the owner. But hey, obviously fansince 62 knows more than both of them, and every person on this message board. :laugh:

Quote: They want the coaching staff to be held accountable for their individual performance. They don't want to hire some superstar head coach with his own supporting cast of coaches who can hide behind their friendship and history with the head coach.

<end>

Sounds to me like Snyder is already making strategic plans to get rid of his new coach after a year or two.

Quote: They want the coaching staff to be held accountable for their individual performance. They don't want to hire some superstar head coach with his own supporting cast of coaches who can hide behind their friendship and history with the head coach.

<end>

Sounds to me like Snyder is already making strategic plans to get rid of his new coach after a year or two.

Could that be Cowher being hired next season? I hope so.:cheers:

Well, Green was just on with Riggins talking about Dan's strategy to building the coaching staff. Riggins doesn't think it's a good plan. Since it's not ok with some of you to disagree with Green, is it ok if I agree with Riggins?

To disagree with Darrell is fine, but to act like Darrell was a complete *** because he did think it was a good plan, was a little bit much.

Since you put it bold letters, you should at least try and be right. DG certainly played when Snyder was the owner, you might want to recheck that one. And since DG has no "qualifications" for running a football team, just exactly what are yours?
Ya once he realized he was wrong he has gone quiet.

While I like the idea of not allowing some superstar coach to bring in all his buddies, isnt that the VERY problem with the FO right now? Snyder hires his buddies(vinny) and fires those he doesnt get along with(Williams) regardless of performance?

I agree with the goal, but Snyder hasnt exactly been consistent with it...

Well, he didn't under Gibbs. All the coaches were accountable to Gibbs. Certainly, Snyder does have the power to undercut that if he felt like it, but we all know how that would go over.

Well, he does pay the bills. If the guy who is paying the bills is unhappy, you better have a good explination.

I doubt it. I'm guessing that Snyder wouldn't allow anyone short of Gibbs to have that kind of respect, at least until they earned it.

There are some good questions here, certainly. I have a feeling a lot of this goes back to Spurrier and the way he ran the asylum and that maybe he gave him too much leash.

At the same time, it does seem that at least Fassel got input to the hires, and that the hires weren't likely to be disputed by Mooch.

Personally, it is hard to say from a second hand account from a guy who already had a certain perception of how this was going down and felt it was confirmed. It doesn't mean that Green understood all the dynamics involved. He certainly isn't giving us much details other than he's reassured.

Jason

Jason...as always...well thought out....as always I OBJECT!!! :laugh:

DG is busy with his own affairs. he has no idea what is going on.

I was trying to drive home the implications of what DG was suggesting - just what does accountability mean? he left that kinda open ended. just like he left open the whole matter of staff integrity and unity.

we'll see how it goes. I just hope it isn't Fossil. we'll be looking for another coach in 3 years if it is.

One little problem here. Wouldn't it make sense that all the coaches buy into the philosophy of the Head Coach. And that the line coach believes in the same blocking schemes as the Running backs coach (zone vs. man to man). And that the GM or whatever his title is, selects the running back that fits that scheme. You can repeat this scenario for the defense as well. It all sounds good but you have a Head Coach who has a coaching staff already hired. Basically, he already has a built in excuse if the team doesn't perform next year. This may work if they hire Mariuchi due to the fact that the coordinators come from the same philosophy.

But, you know danny knows best, his record prooves it.

I agree furthermore, the coaches should have there loyalty lie with the head coach not the owner, another recipe for disaster. It is truly amazing how this front office consistentlly finds new and creative ways for failure.

If that is what danny boy is all about then I have to applaud the decision: BECAUSE IT IS RIGHT, accountability is a must in todays sport, ONYA DANNY, with coaches haveing to be accountable this means that they will pour more effort into what they do, now I am getting excited about who will be our next HC

that's the most dumb arse reasoning I have choked on in quite some time. It raises too many questions...such as...

1) Snyder never held his coaches accountable before?

2) Snyder doesn't hold all the cards as the billpayer?

3) Just what accountability should coaches have to an owner with little to no football savvy? what are the real implications of this line of thought?

4) hmmmm.....why didn't "Danny" ever raise this issue while Joe was hiring coaches left and right? is he tacitly saying Joe had is head up is rear? is he saying he made a mistake in letting Joe slect coaches? is he saying someone lied when repeated statements were made that Cerrato/Snyder/Gibbs discussed all hiring/personnel moves?

does anyone here find it just a bit worrisome that the message is the assistants should be accountable to the owner and his crony? accountable for what? to what level? how is this different from other staffs? what's the management philosophy in play here - castrate the HC?

what gives? this is a crock.

The implications are it will keep every coach in fear of losing his job. So he works his butt off. DUMB! 3 year old mentality. All that is going to do is keep good coaches away from here and the ones that do come in will burn out so fast the turnover rate at a mcdonalds at lunch time will be slow in comparison. What a jackbag!:tantrum:

Dag man, show DG some respect.

absolutely...as a player.

let's be honest here...after all these years...suddenly DG jumps into the picture? cmon man..this is about support for his foundation and leveraging of HOF PR.

DG's a great person and one of the all-time Skins' greats. but why should anyone listen to a guy who has been disengaged for a long time occupied with greater concerns than how the Skins bump into coaching/management walls?

Archived