Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The season brought them together, the offseason tore them apart?

skinsn24

Well now that GregG is officially gone along with Al it would seem that it is only a matter of time before the new staff changes things up.

I find it extremely interesting and even more dissapointing that this regime change happened following the 07 season.

The 07 season brought the redskins together as a team. They were no longer 53 players with 22 starters, they were simply 1 team.

I have never seen a coach (Gregg) show such love for a player, they way he did when the taylor murder happened. It seemed to me that the bright spot in the tradgey was that the team finally bonded and came together. It seemed to me that Gregg had finally humbled himself and become a true redskin.

He had massive support from his players, something i would never have thought based on the previous 3 seasons. But 07 was different, it seemed like love all around. I was so proud of the 07 redskins, far and away the best season i have ever seen. They transcended football.

When Gibbs stepped down, the team was still very tight with almost all the players voicing support for the current regime.

Now we know it wasnt nearly as rosey as we all thought it was, which is so suprising considering the results on the field.

In summary, i just cannot beleive that a looong coaching search and the firing of 2 coordinators happened after the 07 season. After 06? Yea, it would have made alot of sense but after 07? Sense it does not make.

Nothing about Danny makes sense. I've never seen anything like this happen, with any team in the NFL but never with the Redskins. Danny has set an all time low for this team and fans.

I'm never going to spend another dime on this team and I've told my wife the same thing. Buy used but nothing that's going to put money in Danny's pocket. When and "God willing" Danny ever sells this team, I'll come back to financially supporting them but as of now, I refuse to partake in Danny's demise of the once mighty, Washington Redskins. This is enough to make a grown man cry..............sad.

We want continuity and he overhauls the team after the most successful 4 year period...

he had the opportunity to do it right, to make GW coach and keep everything else the same.

I know, my whole thing is why not give GW the job, see how this year goes and if it sucks, can him and hire one of these other guys who would still be there.

I see it that way because basically it seems that some of these players only have 1-2 years left here.

I hated Williams until this year. What he did with all our injuries on D was amazing.

He needed to stay.

Saunders needed to stay.

2 years of continuity down the drain. What a waste. Now we rely on a QB who is learning his 8th offense in 9 years, while all our skill players don't get any younger. Fantastic.

Grade F

I hated Williams until this year. What he did with all our injuries on D was amazing.

He needed to stay.

Saunders needed to stay.

2 years of continuity down the drain. What a waste. Now we rely on a QB who is learning his 8th offense in 9 years, while all our skill players don't get any younger. Fantastic.

Grade F

Pretty Fair assesment. It is a shame.

Nice sentiment. I felt the same way about the team too. They played for each other, and it showed. No in fighting when things were going bad. Its a rare thing, and something that - once you get it - should be cultivated. Shame to squander it away..

Same here. I try not to dwell on it too much. :(

Excellent thread, this whole debacle only makes Dan Snyder even more hated by just about everyone. The players, the coaching staff? the fans, the media. We are a laughing stock. The only thing that can change this is IF Dan and Vinny are correct and hired the right guys for the job. Even then, for me personally its barely forgivable.

He needed to stay.

Saunders needed to stay.

Grade F

How can you hate someone who comes in here and right off the bat takes us from a 24th ranked D to a top 10 two years in a row, and you just started liking him last year?

If anything it was that 4 man rush that was driving me crazy. It wasn't till he added pressure did we look effective.

As for Saunders it took NEARLY 2 years for the team to adapt to his playbook, so in essence was it going to take every new player nearly 2 years to understand his JOB???

Following the dark days after STs death, John Riggins stated last year that the "Phoenix would rise from the ashes..." in retrospect he must have been referring to the Cardinals-because the once proud Washington Redskins are in ruins. Under Snyder we have seen lies-deceit-disrespect-back stabbing-confusion-unprofessionalism...." I will always be a Redskins fan-but I will never respect the owner.

How can you hate someone who comes in here and right off the bat takes us from a 24th ranked D to a top 10 two years in a row, and you just started liking him last year?

If anything it was that 4 man rush that was driving me crazy. It wasn't till he added pressure did we look effective.

As for Saunders it took NEARLY 2 years for the team to adapt to his playbook, so in essence was it going to take every new player nearly 2 years to understand his JOB???

It takes all coaches time to teach their system to players. It is a shame that once the team finally understood the playbook, we fire the coach.

Following the dark days after STs death, John Riggins stated last year that the "Phoenix would rise from the ashes..." in retrospect he must have been referring to the Cardinals-because the once proud Washington Redskins are in ruins. Under Snyder we have seen lies-deceit-disrespect-back stabbing-confusion-unprofessionalism...." I will always be a Redskins fan-but I will never respect the owner.

:applause: I'm with you.

It takes all coaches time to teach their system to players. It is a shame that once the team finally understood the playbook, we fire the coach.

Tottaly agree, it just feels like nearly 2 wasted years with the Off. learning a 700 page playbook since THE DAN fired Al...

You hit the nail on the head with this thread. The Sean Taylor tragedy brought this team together like perhaps no other team in the history of the NFL. Obviously, the offseason would have created a bit of dropoff in cohesiveness, but the core group of guys probably could have carried that special feeling over to next season and beyond.

But in just a matter of weeks, it has been ruined.

We will probably never again see a group of professional athletes display so much love for one another and play for something much bigger than themselves. And that is a shame.

And we have Mr Snyder to thank for it.

It's bag time. :anon:

Oh, for heaven's sake people, half of you hated our coaching staff by week 10 and thought they were utterly incompetent. We lose Gibbs and a couple of coordinators (who were bashed on a regular basis) and it's bag time? Am I the only one who can remember anything before the Bears game? OUR COACHING WAS TERRIBLE. IT HELD THE TEAM BACK. THE PLAYCALLING MADE MY EYES BLEED.

We got Todd Collins in there, the offense started to click, and the secondary decided to play with some passion. That's what happened. The coaches deserve some credit, but the team isn't hopeless just because a few of them left.

JEEEEEEEEZ. :doh:

Archived