Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When Gibbs came in,Ramsey was history!Can we expect the same thing from our new HC?

michael_33

I know people don't want to think this,but I believe it's a legitimate question of concern!

Everyone remembers when Ramsey was going to be the man,then when Gibbs was hired it all changed...Brunell became starter until Campbell was ready to take over.

Now here we are again...Our OC is Jim Zorn who was a QB's coach for Seattle..We still are looking for the HC and who know's who will be the DC for us?

Now... I would like to stay optismistic and believe that Campbell will be given the year to start,but with all these changes...who's to say they won't have a different plan?

Is it not impossible that our #21st pick won't be for Zorn's prodigy?I'm not sure who would be there...?Brahm,Woodson..who know's?

Or do you think they will see what we have already with the tools given to them?

I'm just saying that if Collins is gone(with Saunders),then we might keep Brunell as the back/insurance policy...I would NOT be suprised to see us draft a QB on the first day?(rounds 1 thru 3)

If this is to be true....Who would you like to see us grab in 1 of the 3 rounds at QB...?(Note:we still desperately need at least 1 DL guy in one of those rounds for sure!!)

Does this change our needs or wants in the draft with all these new hires? :2cents:

Patrick Ramsey was destroyed under the Spurrier years and by the time that Gibbs got there he was all used up. Don't get me wrong, Ramsey made some plays but with as many times as he ended up on his back in Washington I think he lost a lot of confidience and I think Gibbs saw that and wanted to use a veteran for awhile. Campbell is calm and confident and shows even when under pressure and taking shots that he can play with the best of them. Campbell is the future QB for the Skins.

Ramsey was never that good. A real nice guy with a strong arm and a lot of heart. However, he couldn't read NFL defenses and never possessed the touch on the ball needed to be an NFL QB. Reference all the teams he has now been with.

Concerning JC, I agree with skinfan that everything that has been posted has pointed to JC being the man. The questions have revolved around who will be the number 2 and 3 QB.

According to all reports, the franchise top priority is Jason Campbell and his development

I love Campbell alot..! :cheers:

Having said that...Why is Campbell given the keys to the kingdom and Ramsey was thrown in handcuffs...?(no pun intended)

I hope Campbell is given the chance and think he is real special,but both QB's were drafted late in the 1st round...

I realize we traded up and gave away picks for Campbell,but why the loyalty there,but none with Ramsey?

According to all reports, the franchise top priority is Jason Campbell and his development

Yep and I think that's part of the rationale behind hiring a QB coach as offensive coordinator, I just hope he uses players to their strengths instead of forcing his system on them like Saunders did.

Campbell is one of the few pieces of the puzzle with which we need to move forward.

Outside of Campbell, Cooley, Rogers, McIntosh, Golston, Montgomery, and Landry, I honestly don't see too many players on this team that you absolutely must move forward with under a new coaching regime.

Gibbs came here to win - we supplied him with the guys he wanted to see that he could realistically get some results.

Now we are stuck with an old team, as well as guys who will soon be exiting the portion of their career that is known as their "prime".

Bring in a new staff, build through the draft, and most importantly - ensure that you bring in the right man for the coaching job and be patient with him for several years.

Patrick Ramsey was destroyed under the Spurrier years and by the time that Gibbs got there he was all used up. Don't get me wrong, Ramsey made some plays but with as many times as he ended up on his back in Washington I think he lost a lot of confidience and I think Gibbs saw that and wanted to use a veteran for awhile. Campbell is calm and confident and shows even when under pressure and taking shots that he can play with the best of them. Campbell is the future QB for the Skins.

I am so tired of the Spurrier killed Ramsey. Does anyone remmember how many times Troy Aikman was getting killed when he first came into the league. Most young QB suffer through getting hit alot. Why because if they are high draft picks it because the team they are going to is bad. Ramsey was just not a very good QB. Since leaving the skins he has never challenged for a starting job anywhere else. Ramsey problems began at birth. Don't forget Ramsey was also sacked alot in College it was reported.

I agree and the selection of Zorn only enforces this thought. He is a QB mentor without a doubt.

Unfortuantely the Zorn selection also leads me to believe there will be an offensive minded HC allowng Zorn needed time with Campbell.

I am so tired of the Spurrier killed Ramsey. Does anyone remmember how many times Troy Aikman was getting killed when he first came into the league. Most young QB suffer through getting hit alot. Why because if they are high draft picks it because the team they are going to is bad. Ramsey was just not a very good QB. Since leaving the skins he has never challenged for a starting job anywhere else. Ramsey problems began at birth. Don't forget Ramsey was also sacked alot in College it was reported.

But you can't say that Spurrier helped the matter any. Honestly he was no good for anyone on the team.

I agree and the selection of Zorn only enforces this thought. He is a QB mentor without a doubt.

Unfortuantely the Zorn selection also leads me to believe there will be an offensive minded HC allowng Zorn needed time with Campbell.

Really, when i think about it, it further belives me that it was be GW!!! or Spags, my 3rd choice behind Cowher, GW

Ok I will give it up, Ramsey was a bad QB

zorn most likely means campbell is the present and future of this orginzation. if they went with another oc maybe one thats not so hot nuturing and developing young qbs id feel different about the situation. also i think his hire wasnt such a big thing before the head coach as he could have been on so many lists gw,fassel,mora etc.

Ramsey was never that good. A real nice guy with a strong arm and a lot of heart. However, he couldn't read NFL defenses and never possessed the touch on the ball needed to be an NFL QB. Reference all the teams he has now been with.

:doh:

I hope Campbell is the future QB for the Redskins but what's with the revisionist history of Ramsey compared to Campbell.

Campbell now has 20 starts in THREE YEARS under JOE GIBBS. He has thrown 22 TD, 17 INT, a QB rating of 77.3. Campbell posted these numbers with Santana Moss, Chris Cooley, and Clinton Portis.

When Gibbs, got here, Ramsey had 16 starts in TWO YEARS under STEVE SPURRIER. He had thrown 23 TD, 17 INT, a QB rating of 74.2. Ramsey posted these numbers with a bunch of retards from the University of Florida and Stephen Davis in 2002 while in 2003 he had Laveranues Coles, Rod Gardner, and the terrifying tandem of Trung Candidate and Ladell Betts.

In his third year under Gibbs, if you subtract the two games where Ramsey was expected to come in for Brunell and salvage the game (Week 2 vs Giants down 20-7, Week 10 vs Bengals down 17-0), despite our #31 offense (SECOND TO LAST), Ramsey had a QB rating of 89.4 as a starter for Joe Gibbs.

AND, he did this having to start the toughest part of the schedule versus the SUPER BOWL BOUND Philadelphia Eagles TWICE, the 15-1 Pittsburgh Steelers, and the playoff-bound Minnesota Vikings who had everything to play for as they were trying to CLINCH a playoff spot in their final game.

After three years, Ramsey looked a lot better than Campbell did in his 23 starts compared to Campbell's 20.

:doh:

I hope Campbell is the future QB for the Redskins but what's with the revisionist history of Ramsey compared to Campbell.

Campbell now has 20 starts in THREE YEARS under JOE GIBBS. He has thrown 22 TD, 17 INT, a QB rating of 77.3.

When Gibbs, got here, Ramsey had 16 starts in TWO YEARS under STEVE SPURRIER. He had thrown 23 TD, 17 INT, a QB rating of 74.2.

In his third year under Gibbs, if you subtract the two games where Ramsey was expected to come in for Brunell and salvage the game (Week 2 vs Giants down 20-7, Week 10 vs Bengals down 17-0), despite our #31 offense (SECOND TO LAST), Ramsey had a QB rating of 89.4 as a starter for Joe Gibbs.

After three years, Ramsey looked a lot better than Campbell did in his 23 starts compared to Campbell's 20.

Good reply shilsu!

And it could also be argued that Ramsey had alot less talent to work with on offense compared to Campbell with all those 30 million dollar recievers and Chris Cooley to boot!

Also this line looks alot better than the line we had as well when Ramsey was here...

I like Campbell,but those late INT's are making me doubt his "it" factor that he supposively has!

And now he has to learn a new offense?I guarentee we draft a QB in this years draft!It might be round 7 when we do,but it will happen...Bank on it!

If I had to guess...round 3 might when we do it! :2cents:

And now he has to learn a new offense?I guarentee we draft a QB in this years draft!It might be round 7 when we do,but it will happen...Bank on it!

If I had to guess...round 3 might when we do it! :2cents:

Doubt it, if anything they will bring in a QB like a Quinn Gray to be the backup and allow Sam Hollenbach to be the 3rd QB. Zorn was brought here to be OC and help JC. That is Vinny #1 goal. Develop the QB and then everything on offense falls into place.

I agree with many, in saying that bringing Zorn in probably means the development of Campbell, and the Redskins' QB position in general. If Danny had something right, he at least knew that the Washington QB situation hasn't been stable for years, and developing Campbell should be the priority, which may be the reason they brought in Zorn.

Plus, it should be noted that the team wasn't even respectable when Gibbs took over, and Ramsey was probably a big part of that problem. The team this year is coming off a playoff berth, and had a lot more talent overall than they had in 2003, so it can't be the same situation.

IF hiring Zorn wasn't didn't tell you that they believe in Campbell I don't know what would. The team had a solid offense for next year with Al and Todd collins but still decided to completely start from over. Its clear that they will build around Campbell, the thing is I love campbell but he's not a Manning or Brady, he's a game manager and needs a running game to be good. I don't think he will be sucessful in that role of carrying the team. Campbell was made for play action passes

IF hiring Zorn wasn't didn't tell you that they believe in Campbell I don't know what would. The team had a solid offense for next year with Al and Todd collins but still decided to completely start from over. Its clear that they will build around Campbell' date=' the thing is I love campbell but he's not a Manning or Brady, he's a game manager and needs a running game to be good. I don't think he will be sucessful in that role of carrying the team. Campbell was made for play action passes[/quote']

you are comparing him to maybe the best 2 QBs in NFL history. WOW :laugh:

you are comparing him to maybe the best 2 QBs in NFL history. WOW :laugh:

No, I just don't think he has the abilty to carry a team on his own like those two, Snyder is basically putting all his money on campbell and I don't agree with it.

My guess is that with the departure of AS, the Danny did not think the AS was good for JC and made his decision as to who to get rid of.

I would guess that JC will get all benefit of the doubt to keep his job for the foreseeable future regardless of how things go for him this upcoming season.

Archived