Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When Gibbs came in,Ramsey was history!Can we expect the same thing from our new HC?

michael_33

Doubt it, Campbell has shown he has the potential but makes rookie mistakes and misses wide open targets. With a new OC I think he'll flourish. He had tough time adjusting to the playstyle of Saunders and the throw before open philosophy. At first I was against getting rid of Saunders, but after thinking about it for a while I've come to the conclusion that it'd be better to move on now and get a coordinator that would be better suited for our players.

Campbell is the guy, and we should hire within the organization for the HC. There have been too many HC and QB changes in the last 10 years; what don't we lead the NFL with all these changes?

I do believe we need a veteran back up QB for obvious reasons and why not Todd collins?:gaintsuck

:After three years, Ramsey looked a lot better than Campbell did in his 23 starts compared to Campbell's 20.

I don't know about "alot" but I do agree that at worst, he looked as good with alot less talent around him.

I'm still hopeful that JC will blossom, but it's by no means a slam dunk and I still have not figured out how someone could watch Ramsey in 02-04 and watch JC 06 & 07 and definitively say JC has been a better QB and has "shown more" than Ramsey. That's just being a revisionist.

To this day I feel the Redskins were Patrick Ramsey away from a Super Bowl in 2005......but that's an old arguement for another day. :)

IF hiring Zorn wasn't didn't tell you that they believe in Campbell I don't know what would. The team had a solid offense for next year with Al and Todd collins but still decided to completely start from over. Its clear that they will build around Campbell' date=' the thing is I love campbell but he's not a Manning or Brady, he's a game manager and needs a running game to be good. I don't think he will be sucessful in that role of carrying the team. Campbell was made for play action passes[/quote']

I actually think Jason's style is similar to Ben Roethlisberger -- both are big, strong tough guys, hard to sack, strong arms. Neither are "fast" but both have much better mobility than you would think and can move well to evade the rush and make plays or pick up 1st downs. When Ben came into the league he had a great record, but he was mostly a solid game manager with a great defense and running game. But this last year I thought he developed into a really good QB that carried his team. I think Jason has that potential to have the kind of season that Big Ben had this year.

Since the Redskins brain-trust hired a new offensive coordinator, they are now forced to change offensive philosophies, which will undoubtedly bring in the west coast offense. Smart move Snyder, but which of the current QB's on your roster can run this west coast offense? The answer: the Redskins are in deep trouble next year, because none of the QB's on the roster have any experience in this new system. The only way to avoid having this problem next year is to sign a free agent QB that knows this system, and name him the starter.

Jason Campbell, who is still the future, will have to be the back up to an unknown at this point. Todd Collins is now as good as gone, because there's no way he will look good trying to learn another system this late in his career, and the same goes for Brunell. So we are already down to only one QB, Jason Campbell, and if he gets to start in this new system, expect a very high draft pick in the 2009 draft. Yes, Dan Snyder has earned his right to make his Redskins the laughing stock of the NFL, yet again.

I feel bad for Jason Campbell, he's either going to be on the bench next year, or losing as he struggles to learn the new gig. We are definitely going to have to sign two more QB's, and one should be the starter at first. You guys that like buying jerseys might want chill for a while, because the players jerseys for sale now may not even be Redskins next year. It's Dan's party and he can cry if he wants to, or blow up his team, if ya know what I mean. As for me, it's hard, but after 40 years of being a diehard Redskins fan, I don't think I can stomach much more of Snyders crap. I guess I might have to start rooting for my more local Jacksonville Jaguars, which has an instant upside. I won't have to purchase the NFL Sunday Ticket anymore.

To this day I feel the Redskins were Patrick Ramsey away from a Super Bowl in 2005......but that's an old arguement for another day. :)

It's hard to speculate as no one knows what could have happened. I can only say this in hindsight, but I think our 2006 offense would have been more explosive under Joe Gibbs without Al Saunders. But no one knows.

Here is what Ramsey did do in 2005.

In Week 1, 6/11 for 105 yards and 1 INT versus the Chicago Bears who would go on to have the #2 defense. That's 105 yards with ELEVEN minutes left in the second quarter versus the #2 defense. Mark Brunell threw 8/14 for 70 yards with no TD or INT in essentially three quarters.

In Week 7, once the 49ers game became an official blowout, Ramsey came in relief for Brunell and threw one pass for 8 yards.

In Week 8, the Redskins were in another blowout versus the Giants, except this time they were on the wrong end. Down 36-0, Ramsey comes in and throws 3/6 for 62 yards in the last minute of the 3rd quarter plus the entire fourth quarter. No TD or INT. Mark Brunell threw 65 yards in the previous three quarters with 0 TD and 1 INT.

In Week 16, once again versus the Giants, Ramsey comes in after Brunell gets injured with 8 minutes left in the third quarter. The Redskins are up 21-17. Ramsey finishes the game 5/7 with 104 yards and 1 TD in less than a half. Mark Brunell was 7/11 for 112 yards and 2 TD in over a half.

The sample size is small, but in 2005, Ramsey had a QB rating of 95.6.

It does make you wonder.

Archived