Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would Schwartz be that bad?

skinsfan4221977

I would hope we get Schwatrz at this point. Similer system to Williams so I think we would be able to keep the majority of the defense together. Now that it seems WIlliams is out of the picture, I want someone young who has innovative ideas, or I want Pete Carroll that might be able to bring his USC connections here, and maybe this team will be know as the "USC of the NFL" instead of "The U".

Titans fans don't seem that keen on him. Said he's just as responsible for a really bad Titans defense two years ago as he is for the top 5 defense the Titans had last season. I dunno, but considering the Titans were in rebuilding mode after the 2004 and 2005 purge, he's done a pretty good job and Iw ould not be opposed to him coming here. He's obviously scouted well looking at how that defense is primarily drafted with one stud DE free agent in Van Den Bosch.

I mean, his system is similar to Williams, right? Snyder likes him and with Gibbs' prodding, the assistants will stay.

Heard a rumor he has a second interview today. Hope it's true.

Anyone who semi-follows the Titans should feel free to chime in.

I have no problem with the man.

Honestly I don't have a huge problem with Fassel. Don't think he's the best choice but.......

If he is going to be coach, let everyone know so they can make plans accordingly. AND give him time and freedom to do what he thiks is necessary to build a winning team.

That applieds to every man they have interviewed. But this too-cool-for- school crud that Dan seems to be trying to pull off just makes him and the organization look (and perform) like fools.

I don't think Schwartz stands a chance being that he has experience in personnel. That means he may actually know what he's talking about and try to tell Danny "no". For the sake of the Redskins though, lets just hope this isn't true. We don't want a coach that will stand up to Dan Snyder!

Building the roster through the draft is the correct conclusion to an economics problem that economics major Schwartz could have explained to Snyder, Cerrato and Gibbs had he worked for us when Gibbs came back. He could have saved us a couple of years of going in the wrong direction.

Building the roster through the draft is the correct conclusion to an economics problem that economics major Schwartz could have explained to Snyder, Cerrato and Gibbs had he worked for us when Gibbs came back. He could have saved us a couple of years of going in the wrong direction.

Exactly my point. He's too smart to be a Redskins coach. If he did become coach, it would be similar to when Jerry Jones signed Jimmy Johnson or when Al Davis signed Chucky. The relationship would be short lived and Schwartz would be fired for his competence after a year or two.

I mean, his system is similar to Williams, right? Snyder likes him and with Gibbs' prodding, the assistants will stay.

Heard a rumor he has a second interview today. Hope it's true.

Anyone who semi-follows the Titans should feel free to chime in.

You people kill me....:doh:. Why don't you go visit the Titans web site and read what the fans there say about Schwartz? Here's a clue, they would gladly pay Snyder to take him away. Does that tell you anything?

Another question because your reasoning baffles me. Why would you hire someone who was coached under Williams himself, with the same defensive philosophy as Williams?.........:laugh:

Wouldn't it make more sense to hire the teacher himself, Gregg Williams, who by the way has been doing this for well over 10 years and has placed his defenses in the top 10 for most of those years or hire Schwartz who has been a DC for a total of 3 years, with his defenses placing at the bottom 5 his first 2 years?

Exactly my point. He's too smart to be a Redskins coach. If he did become coach, it would be similar to when Jerry Jones signed Jimmy Johnson or when Al Davis signed Chucky. The relationship would be short lived and Schwartz would be fired for his competence after a year or two.

Being smarter than your boss is always dangerous if he finds out.:D

Being smarter than your boss is always dangerous if he finds out.:D

You know what, you may be onto something. Maybe Schwartz is smarter than we think. Maybe he knows how to look dumb and defer the credit to Snyder and Vinny. If he can do that, then maybe he has a chance.

His only chance is if he's smart enough to look dumb.

The problem with bringing in Schwartz is that he is a Gregg Williams disciple. Gregg did his time here and did it well. 3 out of 4 years in the top 10 in defense in spite of a litany of injuries is remarkable. I'd love to see Schwartz come in as D-coordinator and that would allow Gregg to focus on both sides of the ball and work a good all-around game plan. Then again, I'd like to see Al Saunders stay next year...I don't see anything I want happening.

Dan Snyder just wants people that will kiss his ***** and say "yes sir."

Archived