Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants are realistic about their chances...

doncherry

Damn straight, they were all down on the team and especially Eli.

I spent week 12 at a local sports bar with some fellow ES'ers watching the Redskin/Tampa game. We live in a strong Giant fane base area so there were a bunch of Giant fans in attendance watching the Giant/Viking game. It was f-bomb city and they were all aimed at Eli or the coaching/ownership for keeping him in the game (or even on the team). There wasn't a Giant fan in the bar, the area or the country who had anything good to say about Eli that day.

This differs from other teams because if Romo sits to pee or Campbell throw a stinker the fan base still backs them. Eli was thrown under the bus, kind of like the way Philly fans have treated McNabb.

That Viking game was about as bad as it gets.

From the papers (tabloids - NY Post and Daily News) to WFAN 660, EVERYONE gave up on this team. Gave up on Coughlin. And gave up on ELI the most.

It was so classic New York. And now they all act like they never left. This is the main reason why all this NY chatter on this board and in NY gets absolutely ZERO respect and credit.

That Viking game was about as bad as it gets.

From the papers (tabloids - NY Post and Daily News) to WFAN 660, EVERYONE gave up on this team. Gave up on Coughlin. And gave up on ELI the most.

It was so classic New York. And now they all act like they never left. This is the main reason why all this NY chatter on this board and in NY gets absolutely ZERO respect and credit.

Yep week 12 Eli was F***** ***** ***** ***! Now he is one of the top 5-10 QB's in the NFL, Coughlin is a good coach BLAH, BLAH, BLAH:doh:

It does my heart good to watch Cowboy and Giants fans debate each other on the Redskins message board. :laugh:

Whats even better is that this Cowboy fan continues to talk smack to the Giants fans after they lost at home to us.

IN YOUR HOUSE. THANK YOU!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Whats even better is that this Cowboy fan continues to talk smack to the Giants fan after they lost at home to us.

IN YOUR HOUSE. THANK YOU!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Back for another beatdown?

What's the over/under on posts 'til another banning, anyone?

Back for another beatdown?

What's the over/under on posts 'til another banning, anyone?

I think this board is great except for you. You just can't seem to swallow your pride with those Star Shaped Sun Glasses of yours. It all started on the Eli thread. Eli is not better than Peyton, Brady, Palmer, Romo sits to pee, Hasselbeck etc. I'm not claiming he is.

I just don't see why you can't give the guy/team some credit. You say its "managing the game." His last 4 games projected over an entire season says this.

32 TDs and 4 INT's. That's managing?

HeHateMe....You just can't seem to get enough can you.

I pushed you to the egde of the cliff and kept you hanging.....

I'll be back later tonight to push you off. :laugh:

KSFN - Diehard and "Loyal" Giants fan since beating Dallas in the Playoffs of 2007.

Congrats on the back to back week of surprising wins in your eyes.

Back to reality in a week. But really, does anyone care since no one has taken you or any other Giants' fan except Tom seriously?

That's what irks you the most. That no one actually can respect what you or other Giant fans say or think. Because it's all come about the last month of the season.

Prove your loyalty, then maybe what you say will carry some clout 'round these parts.

But right now, you're another Johnny-come-lately, like the rest of 'em.

Except Tom and ptr77 (I think thats his SN).

KSFN - Diehard and "Loyal" Giants fan since beating Dallas in the Playoffs of 2007.

Congrats on the back to back week of surprising wins in your eyes.

Back to reality in a week. But really, does anyone care since no one has taken you or any other Giants' fan except Tom seriously?

That's what irks you the most. That no one actually can respect what you or other Giant fans say or think. Because it's all come about the last month of the season.

Prove your loyalty, then maybe what you say will carry some clout 'round these parts.

But right now, you're another Johnny-come-lately, like the rest of 'em.

Except Tom and ptr77 (I think thats his SN).

I love Tom

Pfft...champions of the NFC, maybe. Compared to the AFC, that's about as good as being champion of a pee-wee league conference. I love how the article makes it sound as if the Giants overcame ridiculous amounts of adversity and hardship to get their 13-6 record. Seriously, it's over. Crap, they are going to lose the super bowl.

And we all know how well super bowl losers do the following season. :)

Well...the Hawks became the first Super Bowl loser since '00(Giants) to make the playoffs last year-and if it weren't for a fumbled snap toward the end of regulation against the Bears in the NFCDG, then they might have made it back to the Super Bowl. And they didn't do badly in the playoffs this year either.

In this NEW NFL-expect the unexpected, it seems. The league just seems much more competitive now.

I live in NY and not one fan stayed loyal to this team all season.

Period.

So let me get this straight, because you live in NY qualifies you to be the spokesperson for the entire tri-state area?? I guess listening to the hundreds of band-wagon fans that call in to the joke of a show Mike and the Mad Dog makes you qualify, eh? :rolleyes:

I have no worries with the Super Bowl. You're the one sweating right now since you've talked so much.

Yes. I'm really really mad the Giants went to Irving Tx and Lambeau Field in -23 degree weather and beat the #1 and #2 seeded teams. The season is a disaster. Dammit, we're going to the f'n Superbowl! :mad: :(

But low and behold, you have an out when they do get stomped next Sunday. They werent supposed to win anyway, let alone be there.

Guess who else isn't there? T.O, Romo sits to pee, Wade Phillips, and the sunshine gang. Wanna guess why? :laugh:

Bottom line is that when the Giants lose, no one will care or remember this "magical" season theyve put together. Just like the 2000 Giants.

While you say that, are you clicking your red heels together singing pretty please?

Wow! They beat that unstoppable 9-7 Tampa Bay team? How impressive!

Fact of the matter is the Giants needed a perfect mistake-free game vs. Dallas and a mistake filled game by Dallas to eek out a 4 point win where they still had a chances to win in the end.

They were better that day, sure. But Dallas stunk the last month of the season and no one was surprised they lost that game except Giant fans.

The same Giants' fans that wanted Eli cut, Coughlin fired, etc. after so many disappointing games this season.

The fact remains that the NFC is just plain bad. Everyone knows it. You're just as surprised as the rest of the NFL that Eli has been able to not mess up for 3 straight weeks.

But reality will set in and the Giants will be brought back to earth next week.

Thank goodness.

Maybe you should stop labeling yourself a Giant expert just cause you live in the tri-state area and have the ability to listen to the band-wagon, chicken little dopes who call in to the radio stations. Real Giant fans don't generally call in to these circus acts. ;)

Oh an by the way, you may want to change your strategy. I've always predicted that Eli Manning would someday be a great Qb and 3 road playoff wins and a Super Bowl berth didn't sway my decision. :2cents:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229655

Maybe you should stop labeling yourself a Giant expert just cause you live in the tri-state area and have the ability to listen to the band-wagon, chicken little dopes who call in to the radio stations. Real Giant fans don't generally call in to these circus acts. ;)

Oh an by the way, you may want to change your strategy. I've always predicted that Eli Manning would someday be a great Qb and 3 road playoff wins and a Super Bowl berth didn't sway my decision. :2cents:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229655

Whoa! You predicted that the number 1 overall pick who your team traded the farm for would ONE DAY become a great QB?

Move over Miss Cleo! AMAZING!

But too bad he isn't great Miss Cleo. He's just been good enough to not ruin what the rest of the team has accomplished.

But either way, Miss Cleo, you're a Johnny-Come-Lately, just like the rest of 'em (except Tom and ptr77 as previously stated).

And yes, I will group you in with the rest of the wagonhopping tri-state area that I live in. Why? Well, give all of us a reason not to.

Whoa! You predicted that the number 1 overall pick who your team traded the farm for would ONE DAY become a great QB?

Move over Miss Cleo! AMAZING!

But, But, But you just said earlier that I was only a product of the Giants recent success and that I was an Eli basher (and a Johnny come Lately) before he slayed the dragons. Now you're agreeing that maybe I am a real die hard fan after all and have been proven right. You're confusing me? :rolleyes:

But too bad he isn't great Miss Cleo. He's just been good enough to not ruin what the rest of the team has accomplished.

Bwa-ha-ha?

But either way, Miss Cleo, you're a Johnny-Come-Lately, just like the rest of 'em (except Tom and ptr77 as previously stated).

There you go again. You just acknowledged that I was a miss-cleo by predicting that Eli would someday be a great Qb. and now I'm again a Johnny come Lately....corny by the way, just like the team of your choice.

I'm missing how that makes sense being I supported my team whether 0-2 or NFC Champions. :doh:

And yes, I will group you in with the rest of the wagonhopping tri-state area that I live in. Why? Well, give all of us a reason not to.

I just gave you 5-6. Plus, your understandably bitter. :cool:

Wow! They beat that unstoppable 9-7 Tampa Bay team? How impressive!

Fact of the matter is the Giants needed a perfect mistake-free game vs. Dallas and a mistake filled game by Dallas to eek out a 4 point win where they still had a chances to win in the end.

They were better that day, sure. But Dallas stunk the last month of the season and no one was surprised they lost that game except Giant fans.

The same Giants' fans that wanted Eli cut, Coughlin fired, etc. after so many disappointing games this season.

The fact remains that the NFC is just plain bad. Everyone knows it. You're just as surprised as the rest of the NFL that Eli has been able to not mess up for 3 straight weeks.

But reality will set in and the Giants will be brought back to earth next week.

Thank goodness.

Yes, if the Giants lose they become the 72' Skins.....nobody will remember in 5 years - you're right about that.

But what will be remembered....and brought up every time a number 1 seed plays a wild card team in the divisional playoff game is how the 07' Cowboys choked away a 13-3 season and home field advantage.

You can take that to the bank. They will be held up as an example of what not to do every playoff season....sort of like the 06 Chargers.

The legacy of success can be fleeting....but absolute and complete failure is always remembered.

KiwiSupafly

Yes, if the Giants lose they become the 72' Skins.....nobody will remember in 5 years - you're right about that.

But what will be remembered....and brought up every time a number 1 seed plays a wild card team in the divisional playoff game is how the 07' Cowboys choked away a 13-3 season and home field advantage.

You can take that to the bank. They will be held up as an example of what not to do every playoff season....sort of like the 06 Chargers.

The legacy of success can be fleeting....but absolute and complete failure is always remembered.

KiwiSupafly

I don't think it is true this year that the loser of the Super Bowl won't be remembered.

The Giants will be remembered if they lose the Super Bowl because it completed a 19-0 season for the Pats.

Of course the Pats will be remembered if they lose because it will be the only game they lost.

The loser will be remembered no matter which team it is.

KiwiSupafly

It would matter not if Dallas made it save for the fact that it wouldve been the highest rated Super Bowl of all time.

Dallas wouldnt beat them. Green Bay wouldnt. And New York wont.

So in the end, it wont matter.

But what will continue is the wagon-hopping loyalty you and the rest of the Giants fan display.

So you think Eli is "great" now. Youre in the minority, I can assure you. Being the QB of a team in a situation where that TEAM is the main reason for playing in the Super Bowl doesnt make you great. Maybe your standards are a lot lower than mine, who knows. I'm used to what I, and many others, consider "great".

Miss Cleo, I cannot stress it enough, you are a Johnny-Come-Lately wagon hopper. Prove to me your not. Show me posts after the Viking game, after the 2nd Dallas game, that you knew Eli and the Giants would come together in the playoffs and make a Super Bowl run.

Because to me, and everyone else who knows the tri-state area, youre simply Joe Schmoe from Rockland who gave up on Eli, Coughlin, and the rest of "Big Blue" months ago.

It would matter not if Dallas made it save for the fact that it wouldve been the highest rated Super Bowl of all time.

Dallas wouldnt beat them. Green Bay wouldnt. And New York wont.

So in the end, it wont matter.

But what will continue is the wagon-hopping loyalty you and the rest of the Giants fan display.

So you think Eli is "great" now. Youre in the minority, I can assure you. Being the QB of a team in a situation where that TEAM is the main reason for playing in the Super Bowl doesnt make you great. Maybe your standards are a lot lower than mine, who knows. I'm used to what I, and many others, consider "great".

Miss Cleo, I cannot stress it enough, you are a Johnny-Come-Lately wagon hopper. Prove to me your not. Show me posts after the Viking game, after the 2nd Dallas game, that you knew Eli and the Giants would come together in the playoffs and make a Super Bowl run.

Because to me, and everyone else who knows the tri-state area, youre simply Joe Schmoe from Rockland who gave up on Eli, Coughlin, and the rest of "Big Blue" months ago.

Prove to me I am? :)

I posted a link prior to the Giants winning a play-off game. I made point after point that Eli will be a great Qb and that the Qb rating is a completely flawed system to measure a Qb's success - especially Eli.

What do you have to prove that I am; as you so eloquently say a "Johnny-Come-Lately " ?

Ahhhh yes. Some popcorn in NJ.

Honestly-I think the Giants probably have the best chance, of all NFC teams, against the Pats b/c of their pass rush, and their corners are very good too at playing press coverage. Both Osi/Strahan should match up well against Light/Kaczur(both of whom are vulnerable to speed rushers), Justin Tuck and Brian Robbins should be able to get good pass rush up the middle too(something Dallas and Green Bay lacks), which is where Brady seems to be the most vulnerable. Also-Plax and Toomer should have a field day against Ellis Hobbs, while the Pats' LBs have trouble covering TEs.

With that being said-this is going to be a hard Super Bowl to predict. The Giants running game will almost certainly give the Pats' D some fits, especially with their old LBs.:2cents:

Kiwi Has definitely been here since before the playoffs, I think since the season started actually, and I don't recall him ever saying anything negative about the giants(even when he probably should have, he's got a little homerism in him, but don't we all?) so I wouldn't call him a Johnny come lately.

Prove to me I am? :)

I posted a link prior to the Giants winning a play-off game. I made point after point that Eli will be a great Qb and that the Qb rating is a completely flawed system to measure a Qb's success - especially Eli.

What do you have to prove that I am; as you so eloquently say a "Johnny-Come-Lately " ?

Ahhhh yes. Some popcorn in NJ.

After they made the playoffs, you did all this.

Wow, you predicted they'd beat Tampa. So did everyone else.

Wow, you predicted they may beat Dallas. So did many others.

Wow, you predicted they may beat Green Bay. Lots of others in that club too.

Wow, you went out on a limb and predicted yet to happen "greatness" for the #1 overall pick with the Manning name.

As I said, move over Miss Cleo, theres a new sheriff in town.

But again, show me you felt the same way when every other Giant fan gave up on Eli, Coughlin and the rest of this team oh so many other times this season.

I'll enjoy my popcorn while I wait.

Archived