Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants are realistic about their chances...

doncherry

After they made the playoffs, you did all this.

Wow, you predicted they'd beat Tampa. So did everyone else.

Wow, you predicted they may beat Dallas. So did many others.

Wow, you predicted they may beat Green Bay. Lots of others in that club too.

Wow, you went out on a limb and predicted yet to happen "greatness" for the #1 overall pick with the Manning name.

As I said, move over Miss Cleo, theres a new sheriff in town.

But again, show me you felt the same way when every other Giant fan gave up on Eli, Coughlin and the rest of this team oh so many other times this season.

I'll enjoy my popcorn while I wait.

I never gave up on Eli. Some QB's can be thrown in and take off right away while others need time. Peyton didn't start being the Peyton until after he started for several seasons.

That being said, I am going to need to see more during the regular season next year from Eli to say he is where he should be. I am very happy with the way he has been playing but I'm not ready to say he is the franchise QB everyone thought he would be.

And I won't be willing to call him a bust if he has a bad Super Bowl.

Next season will tell a lot for Eli.

']I never gave up on Eli. Some QB's can be thrown in and take off right away while others need time. Peyton didn't start being the Peyton until after he started for several seasons.

That being said' date=' I am going to need to see more during the regular season next year from Eli to say he is where he should be. I am very happy with the way he has been playing but I'm not ready to say he is the franchise QB everyone thought he would be.

Next season will tell a lot for Eli.[/quote']

Remember how long it took Phil Simms to fully ripen. I mean he REALLY stunk up the joint for a good while-even halfway through that '86 season(when they won their first Super Bowl), AFTER that big win over Dallas in The Meadowlands, he was still struggling and getting booed in The Meadowlands. And it wasn't until late in the season 'till he actually started clicking on the way to the Lombardi Trophy.

Doesn't this sound familiar with Eli this year?

After they made the playoffs, you did all this.

Wow, you predicted they'd beat Tampa. So did everyone else.

Wow, you predicted they may beat Dallas. So did many others.

Wow, you predicted they may beat Green Bay. Lots of others in that club too.

Wow, you went out on a limb and predicted yet to happen "greatness" for the #1 overall pick with the Manning name.

As I said, move over Miss Cleo, theres a new sheriff in town.

But again, show me you felt the same way when every other Giant fan gave up on Eli, Coughlin and the rest of this team oh so many other times this season.

I'll enjoy my popcorn while I wait.

Ok so now you're contradicting yourself. You stated earlier that ALL GIANT FANS IN NY WERE BASHING ELI AND ATTEMPTING TO RUN HIM OUT OF TOWN EARLIER THIS YEAR.

Wow! They beat that unstoppable 9-7 Tampa Bay team? How impressive!

The same Giants' fans that wanted Eli cut, Coughlin fired, etc. after so many disappointing games this season.

Then you call me a Johnny-come-Lately insinuating I was a bandwagon fan who only shows up after Eli's recent dominance against the NFL's top rated defenses.

I live in NY and not one fan stayed loyal to this team all season.

Period.

doh.gif

Seems like your running out of points to make. Your confusing yourself!!!

Looks like a case of circle jerk too me. smile.gif

']I never gave up on Eli. Some QB's can be thrown in and take off right away while others need time. Peyton didn't start being the Peyton until after he started for several seasons.

That being said' date=' I am going to need to see more during the regular season next year from Eli to say he is where he should be. I am very happy with the way he has been playing but I'm not ready to say he is the franchise QB everyone thought he would be.

Next season will tell a lot for Eli.[/quote']

T, as previously stated, your loyalty has never been in question.

Ok so now you're contradicting yourself. You stated earlier that ALL GIANT FANS IN NY WERE BASHING ELI AND ATTEMPTING TO RUN HIM OUT OF TOWN EARLIER THIS YEAR.

Then you call me a Johnny-come-Lately insinuating I was a bandwagon fan who only shows up after Eli's recent dominance against the NFL's top rated defenses.

doh.gif

Seems like your running out of points to make. Your confusing yourself!!!

Looks like a case of circle jerk too me. smile.gif

You're a lost cause Miss Cleo.

Go justify your loyalty to Mike and the Maddog, maybe they care. Probably not though. Just another fan whose supported this team through thick and thin, right?

Blah, blah, blah, blah....

ballin.jpg

:applause: :laugh:

You continue to prove to me and the rest of this board that beating Dallas in the playoffs was your Super Bowl, completed your season and made it a success.

Congrats. You've joined the ranks of Eagles fans where beating America's Team is all that matters anymore.

So, what you doing today since the Giants' season is over? Jog around Rockland Lake? Going to the Palisades Center Mall?

You continue to prove to me and the rest of this board that beating Dallas in the playoffs was your Super Bowl, completed your season and made it a success.

Congrats. You've joined the ranks of Eagles fans where beating America's Team is all that matters anymore.

So, what you doing today since the Giants' season is over? Jog around Rockland Lake? Going to the Palisades Center Mall?

Actually, I expected the Giants to beat Dallas sooo.....That de-bunks your theory.

They also beat GB, which I also expected. Ho-hum.

What am I doing today? I'm in North Dallas hanging out at the Strip clubs in the Harry Heinz area posting from my lap-top. ;)

Palisades, Rockland lake, is that what you normally do when you're in the Rockland area? I spend more time in Westchester myself. :)

Actually, I expected the Giants to beat Dallas sooo.....That de-bunks your theory.

They also beat GB, which I also expected. Ho-hum.

What am I doing today? I'm in North Dallas hanging out at the Strip clubs in the Harry Heinz area posting from my lap-top. ;)

Palisades, Rockland lake, is that what you normally do when you're in the Rockland area? I spend more time in Westchester myself. :)

Good.

Glad we are in agreement then that the Dallas Cowboys game was your Super Bowl.

Kiwi, I am sure you expected to win 3 straight road games and then beat the undefeated patriots?

1 game at a time..

I expected to beat Tampa handidly.

The following week, I expected to beat Dallas so long as the Giants didn't beat themselves. (Turnovers, etc.)

The following week, I thought that the weather effecting the Giants was overrated. I expected the Giants to beat the Packers so long as their legs didn't give out from the long road getting there.

This game is tough....I think the Giants have a good chance of winning. It all depends on how they come out firing. If I see the Giants D-line getting penetration early, and the running game is working well, the Giants win.

Thanks for making 0 sense....

:ciao:

So, you thought they'd win. Whoopie!

Doesnt change the fact that that win was all that mattered to you in order to have a successful season.

Hence, it was your Super Bowl.

Now run along Miss Cleo, this is the big boys playground.

1 game at a time..

I expected to beat Tampa handidly.

The following week, I expected to beat Dallas so long as the Giants didn't beat themselves. (Turnovers, etc.)

The following week, I thought that the weather effecting the Giants was overrated. I expected the Giants to beat the Packers so long as their legs didn't give out from the long road getting there.

This game is tough....I think the Giants have a good chance of winning. It all depends on how they come out firing. If I see the Giants D-line getting penetration early, and the running game is working well, the Giants win.

Wow, really went out on the limb there with all those qualifiers.

Impressive Miss Cleo. Impressive indeed.

So, you thought they'd win. Whoopie!

Doesnt change the fact that that win was all that mattered to you in order to have a successful season.

Hence, it was your Super Bowl.

Now run along Miss Cleo, this is the big boys playground.

I never said that the Giants beating Dallas was "My SuperBowl". Not sure why you keep reciting that.

The truth is, Dallas just happened to be the #1 seeded team standing in the way of the Giants. Just another team, that's it.

Another team that I had no doubt the Giants would beat. Giants are simply a much more physical team - which in my eyes means "They're a better team"

Archived