Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs as "special advisor" was a cover story

GibbsRedskin

If Gibbs was truly a "special advisor," Williams would already be head coach and he certainly would not have needed 4 interviews to get the job. I think Gibbs is likely troubled by how long this is taking and that Gregg is having such a difficult time getting the job. I was really hoping that Gibbs would keep a prominent role in the organization, but what I think it actually means is Snyder asking him "can I call if you if I have a question?" Sad.

Yeah I think that while Joe Gibbs was handcuffing Al Sauders offense, he was also handcuffing Danny and Vinny by not letting them get out of control. Now that Coach Gibbs is gone, there is no reason that they can't go back to their old ways. It is very sad to me, because I thought Dan respected Coach Gibbs and learned something from him. Apparently, he has learned nothing.

How do you know how JG feels about GW? You know NOTHING. If their relationship was so "Great" then JG would have known what GW was going to do during the game after the late SEAN TAYLOR passed away. That small incident sends a large measure of how GW's ego is not getting him this job. GW has made many poor decisions defensively, one being getting rid of Antonio Pierce. Another, his unprofessional actions with the Lavar situation. You all act like this guy is a "God," their are many better options out there. Mr. Snyder is out there trying to find them. Do you think he would intentionally make a poor decision? No, he owns a billion dollar franchise, use a little common sense.

I kinda think that Danny boy is the reason Joe retired a year early. It's not like Joe to not fullfill his contract/commitment. I think once he and Dannyboy started discussing extending his contract that maybe Dannyboy put some stipulations in there and Joe said to himself "I can't do this anymore, I'm retiring."

Something I saw/heard in the retirement press conference with the two just didn't sit right with me. When a reporter asked Snyder if he'd learned anything from Gibbs, his reply was "patience". The reported asked what else and as Snyder fumbled around with words Joe interupted and said "he hasn't learned anything from me, he's forty some years old and a billionair he doesn't need to learn anything from me." He was trying to joke about it, with that giddy laugh of his. Now, all of a sudden Snyder is blowing up the foundation that Joe layed and hiring HC, OC, DC and is keeping everything secretive not letting anyone know what's going on (even on the inside). This is all just so rediculous!

Sorry if this post isn't making any sense, I'm tired and I'm just doing a little venting over this situation. I think I need to go to bed and I hope when I wake up tomorrow that everything is in place and all are working on what players we need to get out of the draft.

Mods, please restore my signature privileges. I shrunk my sig as much as I could, but because that is a very special picture that shows both Gibbs and Taylor I didn't want to cut either of them off. I have found a way to make it smaller, please restore.

PM 21 and he should help you out.

How do you know how JG feels about GW? You know NOTHING. If their relationship was so "Great" then JG would have known what GW was going to do during the game after the late SEAN TAYLOR passed away. That small incident sends a large measure of how GW's ego is not getting him this job. GW has made many poor decisions defensively, one being getting rid of Antonio Pierce. Another, his unprofessional actions with the Lavar situation. You all act like this guy is a "God," their are many better options out there. Mr. Snyder is out there trying to find them. Do you think he would intentionally make a poor decision? No, he owns a billion dollar franchise, use a little common sense.

Karl is that you? Vinnie? and I don't know who else would call him Mr. Snyder.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

These days he is little Danny Snyda

LaVar was Dale Lindsay. He's gone.

Williams is the perfect band-aid between now and Cowher. Why not Pettibone him?

The big question for me: Why hasn't GW interviewed anywhere else?

i agree with thread title. Danny knows if G. Williams takes over and we succeed, Gibbs gets the credit. He wants to make himself feel relevent and pick his own coach, even if it means taking a step back. That way, HE reaps the reward.

This whole hiring fiasco was one giant ego stroke, plain and simple, and I'm surprised no one else sees it that way.

Maybe he isnt as good as others and redskins fans think.

Or he was offered interviews and turned them down because he was being lead on with the current Skins hc opening? Or that he stated how he wants to stay in DC because his kids are in the school system here and likes the school system? That was, however, one of the main reasons (besides money of course) why he took the job here in DC. And the reason why he plans to stay in the area after football.

:whoknows:

why is everyone complaining about him interviewing people? i dont understand he has all the time in the world so why shouldnt he use it and try to get the best possible candidate? i like what he is doing taking time...he is trying to do the right thing. and plus williams was a cruddy head coach and i remember everyone complaining about his soft defense during the season

Archived