Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why not Rex Ryan for Head Coach? (Merged)

Veretax

Okay humor me here a minute. I know a lot of folks have been saying If Fassel comes he'll bring Rex Ryan as D.Coord atc. As if that's the best part of the package. Let's step back and think about this for a minute. Rex Ryan wants a Head Coaching Job. The Ravens snubbed him. Obviously he's a pretty good coach or we wouldn't see so much buss about him when mentioned next to Fossel.

So why not Rex For Head Coach? I'm being Serious. He's a young coach, he's got some good experience as an assistant, and I believe he'd be a perfect coach for a Redskins team that needs an identity. Whether you like WIlliams/Saunders staying or not, you have to admit, if either of those got the job it would be looked at as continuing Joe Gibbs legacy, and not really Williams/Saunders having their chance to forge their own. Now if things went well early they might forge their own legacy, but I don't see it anything more then trying to mirror what Joe did, and we really need to move past Gibbs and start with a Fresh face. If you sign Rex and he goes through some Growing pains, no need to worry, he's young and will learn. I seriously think if we must go with someone and its not WIlliams, or Meeks, someone with a lot more experience, I'd rather go with a guy like Rex that could forge a new identity to this team.

What do you guys think?

aggressive DC out there. The Ravens defense almost beat the NE Patriots. We need more blitzing and more creativity with our defensive schemes.

I am not totally sold on Fassel but if it means he could help bring in Ryan, then I am okay with that.

Spagnulo and keeping Saunders would be my other choice.:logo: :helmet:

My issue with Ryan as a DC is that it would be like renting Marvin for a year again. Chances are he'll be up for a HC job in the next year or two so it's not like we would be getting much continuity with him.

A. Ryan is still under contract as the Ravens DC. Are they licking their chops up in Baltimore, wondering how many draft picks Vinny will fork over for a coach?

B. If he does come here, is he bringing Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed and Chris McAllister with him? If not, he may find it difficult to be so aggressive.

My issue with Ryan as a DC is that it would be like renting Marvin for a year again. Chances are he'll be up for a HC job in the next year or two so it's not like we would be getting much continuity with him.

So Danny fires Fossel and offers him the job if he wants it or gives him a time table of two years or something. LOL

Rex is better than Fassel thats for sure

I'm telling you, To heck with Fossel, if you want Ryan, Hire him as a DC. You can keep saunders if you want, but if he's the coach Snyder really wants then go get him, and to heck with what folks say about it. It would be daring, and who knows, he just might be the best fit for us :D

Not too excited to have Buddy Ryan's spawn running our team. Even if he wins. Just doesn't seem right - Buddy is/was, and forever shall be: THE ENEMY. Remember the body bag game? It just won't seem right having Buddy root for his son (and consequently the redskins). I don't want him rooting for us. I want him drooling somewhere in a retirement home, picking his nose.

Yeah sure, but imagine what the Phiggle fans will be thinking. Whole Reid has waffled a bit this year and we end up with the son of their Former coach. I'd love to see what the Phily fans would say about that :D

Hey, I have no problem with Rex as the HC. I'm just giving an answer the OP. Why hasn't Rex been hired as a HC? Maybe it's because they're afraid he'll be just like his dad.

Look at the guys Snyder is looking at.

Mora, Fassell, ect.

There's a reason he's not going after strong personalitied guys like Williams or Ryan because he is a control freak. Unfortunately the situation with this team is in dire need of a new owner. Snyder is dancing around the real issue here and that is he should have hired a competent front office man not someone who signed the likes of Archuleta, Brandon Lloyd, ect. Why he continues to make these decisions baffles me.

Right now I think it's time to put Snyder at the bottom of the list as far as executives in the NFL. Even Matt Millen wouldn't do something like this.

Hey, I have no problem with Rex as the HC. I'm just giving an answer the OP. Why hasn't Rex been hired as a HC? Maybe it's because they're afraid he'll be just like his dad.

the Ravens have FUD no matter who is head coach. We have better personnel on both sides of the ball I think, are not as old as the ravens Oline or Defense is in spots, and have a lot of rising stars. It would be a bold move to hire someone like Rex, but I'm not sure Synder would go for it, but I'd rather HIM a young guy that we can learn with, then Fassel.

the Ravens have FUD no matter who is head coach. We have better personnel on both sides of the ball I think, are not as old as the ravens Oline or Defense is in spots, and have a lot of rising stars. It would be a bold move to hire someone like Rex, but I'm not sure Synder would go for it, but I'd rather HIM a young guy that we can learn with, then Fassel.

Better personnel then the Ravens? I don't know about that. QB is the only position I'll say the Skins are better at. The Ravens have already started turning their OL over with younger players.

Archived