Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why not Rex Ryan for Head Coach? (Merged)

Veretax

My issue with Ryan as a DC is that it would be like renting Marvin for a year again. Chances are he'll be up for a HC job in the next year or two so it's not like we would be getting much continuity with him.

Yeah, I was thinking about that as well. He has been a contender for HC jobs already, and, if he has success here, it would seem he would be a sure thing to get a job next year.

A. Ryan is still under contract as the Ravens DC. Are they licking their chops up in Baltimore, wondering how many draft picks Vinny will fork over for a coach?

B. If he does come here, is he bringing Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed and Chris McAllister with him? If not, he may find it difficult to be so aggressive.

umm no, he got fired and we don't need those guys to be aggressive.

Why don't we give Rex Ryan the head coaching job and then give Fassel the Assistant HC job? That way we can always fire Rex Ryan if he sucks and move Fassel up. The upside is that Fassel can help Ryan out. Plus Fassel could be up in the both on game day. plus no compensation to the rat birds.

Big time.

He's from the 4-6 (Buddy ryan school of thought). HE ran a 3-4 in Baltimore cause that's what their personnel dictated.

Better personnel then the Ravens? I don't know about that. QB is the only position I'll say the Skins are better at. The Ravens have already started turning their OL over with younger players.

According to my understanding. YES the ravens have some young guys, but they were worse then OUR oline last year. Could they be better with a year, maybe. Their QB situation is easily worse then brunnel, they have only 1 WR who catches anything it seems, Heap is easily as good as cooley, and because of their O-line you can't really evaluate McGahee. On Defense they have a LOT of age, and a few guys like Lewis that are still good, but I'd rather have what we have then them. They seem to be older then us by far. Of course a lot can change in one year too.

According to my understanding. YES the ravens have some young guys, but they were worse then OUR oline last year. Could they be better with a year, maybe. Their QB situation is easily worse then brunnel, they have only 1 WR who catches anything it seems, Heap is easily as good as cooley, and because of their O-line you can't really evaluate McGahee. On Defense they have a LOT of age, and a few guys like Lewis that are still good, but I'd rather have what we have then them. They seem to be older then us by far. Of course a lot can change in one year too.

The Skins have just as much, if not more, age on their roster as the Ravens.

Look at the defense. Griffin, Daniels, Fletcher, Washington and Springs are all over 30. Plus you can throw Godfrey in who started late in the season.

The Ravens have Lewis, Pryce, Gregg, Rolle and McAllister over 30. How are they way older?

Archived