Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Calais Campbell...We need to look elsewhere!

Wanted: Super Bowl

Guys my brother is a die hard Miami Hurricane fan so i get to watch each and every game with him and I have got to say from an NCAA fan standpoint Calais Campbell was nothing more than an average DE.....ACC tackles were standing him up and beating him to his own punches....even the Duke tackle gave him problems....he shined bright at times dont get me wrong but to be a first round draft pick in the NFL i think you need to stand out and be a play maker like our number 21 was...... We need to build on our D Line no question about it but lets get a stud tackle or another DE just not Campbell.....I want to give my two cents here because i know there are not a lot of hurricane fans who get to watch every game and I did.......I know you guys are into numbers so here it is my man only had 6 sacks this year 50 tackles for a sub par defense i dont think thats first round material....but we shall see if Vinny thinks he is!

When Pete Carroll is the coach then we will know if Lawrence Jackson is good or not depending on if we draft him. :) ... ;)

I agree,

I think Dan is trying to lure Pete Carroll (although, I wish he would stay away from warm weather coaches who coach in paradise locations. Is June Jones from Hawaii next?)

Guys my brother is a die hard Miami Hurricane fan so i get to watch each and every game with him and I have got to say from an NCAA fan standpoint Calais Campbell was nothing more than an average DE.....ACC tackles were standing him up and beating him to his own punches....even the Duke tackle gave him problems....he shined bright at times dont get me wrong but to be a first round draft pick in the NFL i think you need to stand out and be a play maker like our number 21 was...... We need to build on our D Line no question about it but lets get a stud tackle or another DE just not Campbell.....I want to give my two cents here because i know there are not a lot of hurricane fans who get to watch every game and I did.......I know you guys are into numbers so here it is my man only had 6 sacks this year 50 tackles for a sub par defense i dont think thats first round material....but we shall see if Vinny thinks he is!

Maybe other teams see film, we get him in 2nd round, ha, ha.

It sickens me to think the Cowboys got a better player of similar size, Chris Canty, in the 3rd round.

i said this before in a post.

i said i felt like campbell was going to be a bust... i dont think we should take him, i think if miami's Safety philips is available we pick him up, or we grab the best player when our pick comes, if our pick pops up and someother team wants who is on the draft we trade down.

i say we make the best choice when it cmes our pick...

we should pick up the best player available to matter what position on defense.

You bust when you REACH for players who aren't worthy of that pick... hell, quinn fell to the 21st spot didnt he? the draft is full of talent this year. IF we dont trade our second and get a big WR i think our draft picks could def help next season...

wow you obviously didnt watch him close enough, as in his sophmore year he played quite amazing.

now you say people like the numbers, well here is his sophmore year;

13 games played, 84 tackles, 20.5 tackles for loss, 10.5 sacks

now with those stats, as a sophmore..you would think in his junior other teams would see how he dominated and maybe started to double team him (which they did). hell he even got tripled team by a running back at times for a few seconds...which leads to down numbers for a player of any greatness

being 6'8 280 and running a 4.85

so, he has the stats, he has the body you look for, only thing left is time for him to develop into an NFL starter.

I agree,

I think Dan is trying to lure Pete Carroll (although, I wish he would stay away from warm weather coaches who coach in paradise locations. Is June Jones from Hawaii next?)

Well he is available. June quit at season's end.

This draft is loaded with quality D linemen. I'm thinking we can get a steal in the 2nd who will probably end up being better than Campbell. Then in the 1st we go with BPA in a few specific positions. Lawrence Jackson and Phillip Merling could both be around in the 2nd when we pick.

wow you obviously didnt watch him close enough, as in his sophmore year he played quite amazing.

now you say people like the numbers, well here is his sophmore year;

13 games played, 84 tackles, 20.5 tackles for loss, 10.5 sacks

now with those stats, as a sophmore..you would think in his junior other teams would see how he dominated and maybe started to double team him (which they did). hell he even got tripled team by a running back at times for a few seconds...which leads to down numbers for a player of any greatness

being 6'8 280 and running a 4.85

so, he has the stats, he has the body you look for, only thing left is time for him to develop into an NFL starter.

UMMMMM are you not suppose to get better with experience??? Also, if you are a first round pick my man you had better start making plays no matter how many men are on you....please stop drinking the kool aid and open your eyes and see that there is alot of quality out there....

Archived