Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Calais Campbell...We need to look elsewhere!

Wanted: Super Bowl

Guys my brother is a die hard Miami Hurricane fan so i get to watch each and every game with him and I have got to say from an NCAA fan standpoint Calais Campbell was nothing more than an average DE.....ACC tackles were standing him up and beating him to his own punches....even the Duke tackle gave him problems....he shined bright at times dont get me wrong but to be a first round draft pick in the NFL i think you need to stand out and be a play maker like our number 21 was...... We need to build on our D Line no question about it but lets get a stud tackle or another DE just not Campbell.....I want to give my two cents here because i know there are not a lot of hurricane fans who get to watch every game and I did.......I know you guys are into numbers so here it is my man only had 6 sacks this year 50 tackles for a sub par defense i dont think thats first round material....but we shall see if Vinny thinks he is!

At first I would have liked Campbell but now that you have enlightened me with some great scout work we should indeed look elsewhere with our 1st round pick. If there is a DE that will make an impact then we should take him. A guessing game. I wouldn't mind trading down in this draft and picking up some OL and DL.

The Redskins need to go after a DE that has produced sacks......PERIOD

Remember everyone was questioning Randy Moss because his school was not a big enough name even though he had 50 TDs and ran faster than the wind. Moss made everyone who passed on him pay.

So when the Skins are looking for a pass rusher they need to pick the guy that has a record of sacking QBs no matter what level he played at.

It is up to the defensive coach to put the player in a position to make plays within his scheme or design a new scheme around the talents of his players.

Whatever it takes to win....

agreed. never been a fan on drafting guys based on "potential"

I agree with not drafting on "potential" (see Matt Jones) but you draft every player based on some sort of potential and sometime measurables are to much to overlook (position changes aren't). I think at 21, CC will be a steal. You can't teach tall and quick.

A steal at 21 would be what the cowboys pulled off last year trading there late round draft pick for next years first and a later draft pick that would help us....As much as i hate to say it we are not one player away from putting ourselves into the elite teams in this league...so lets build this thing up and start drafting smart! Lets please not go after supposed talent that had a great sophmore year and mailed in his junior year....PLEASE NO!!!

Remember everyone was questioning Randy Moss because his school was not a big enough name even though he had 50 TDs and ran faster than the wind. Moss made everyone who passed on him pay.

Moss dropped because of character issues, NOT because he went to Marshall. The reason he went to Marshall is because he was kicked out of Florida State...

as a life long canes fan.......the problem with calais is that hes only got one move......he has a great inside rush.......if he can learn some other moves he will be ok.......he will test off the charts at the combine because physically hes a freak

Moss dropped because of character issues, NOT because he went to Marshall. The reason he went to Marshall is because he was kicked out of Florida State...

50 touchdowns is 50 touchdowns no matter where you play....

Moss dropped because scouts were too stupid to realize he was a kid doing stupid stuff that immature kids do.

I dunno but Moss looks pretty mature to me now.

Archived