Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mr. Snyder: If It's b/w Gregg Williams & Fassel: Please pick Gregg Williams(merged)

Joncevensen

I remember him losing his team and being run out of town, and then failing miserably in Baltimore.

Coughlin almost got ran out of town, despite playoff appearances, division title, and now a Superbowl appearance.

How does being let go shortly into the season qualify as failing miserably? You actually have to have a chance to do something before you can fail at it.

Does anybody actually want to bother doing a side bi side comparison of Fassel and GW's accomplishments? Or are we all going to blindly say we want GW just for the sake of continuity? We want the best candidate possible, regardless of how long one has been here. I'm glad Snyder is taking his time on this, instead of rushing things foolishly like you all want him to.

Anybody stop to consider maybe the plan is to make Fassel HC, but keep GW as D-coord.? Maybe Snyder feels that Fassel will be better as head coach (he certainly as a better record than GW in that regard) and keeping GW will keep the players satisfied and help give Fassel a better grasp of our players by working with GW.

Mr Snyder,

There is a reason Fassel has not got a coaching job since he was fired by New York. There is also a reason his best friend Brian Billick let him go. The man can tutor a quarterback, thats his niche. The man cannot coach a team. Please say no to Jim Fassel. Why not Russ Grimm?????

Dear Dan:

Myself as well as the many loyal Redskins fans here appreciate your taking the time to hire our next Coach. You shocked us all when you lured our beloved Coach Gibbs back to the field in 2004. Sure we would have liked to see him stay for at least one more year. That was not possible.

Unfortunately, the next Coach will have allot of pressure placed on him based on your (and ours as fans) expectations. We have checked this web site, the newspaper, and other media outlets to try and see what is happening in the search.

Please, for at least one year, can we stick with your words and "not change something that is not broke". Please keep Saunders and Williams in tact, at least in their current capacity or some version thereof. If a new head coach is hired, can it be someone that is as successful and respected as Joe Gibbs. Someone Saunders and Williams can work with. One that we as fans will respect and will trust that person will bleed burgundy and gold. This year was an emotional one which, ultimately, lead us into the playoffs. One more year will tell the tale. Lets focus on draft and key FA signings.

In the end we know it's not our call BUT guys like Fassel, Mora Jr, are very suspect based on track record. However, whomever you decide, the Redskins faithful will support the Team and your decision.

If you read this post, I would appreciate your commenting. Fellow fans please spill your guts with me!

the CommishDC

Dear Dan:

Myself as well as the many loyal Redskins fans here appreciate your taking the time to hire our next Coach. You shocked us all when you lured our beloved Coach Gibbs back to the field in 2004. Sure we would have liked to see him stay for at least one more year. That was not possible.

Unfortunately, the next Coach will have allot of pressure placed on him based on your (and ours as fans) expectations. We have checked this web site, the newspaper, and other media outlets to try and see what is happening in the search.

Please, for at least one year, can we stick with your words and "not change something that is not broke". Please keep Saunders and Williams in tact, at least in their current capacity or some version thereof. If a new head coach is hired, can it be someone that is as successful and respected as Joe Gibbs. Someone Saunders and Williams can work with. One that we as fans will respect and will trust that person will bleed burgundy and gold. This year was an emotional one which, ultimately, lead us into the playoffs. One more year will tell the tale. Lets focus on draft and key FA signings.

In the end we know it's not our call BUT guys like Fassel, Mora Jr, are very suspect based on track record. However, whomever you decide, the Redskins faithful will support the Team and your decision.

If you read this post, I would appreciate your commenting. Fellow fans please spill your guts with me!

the CommishDC

Does anyone honestly think Dan Snyder gives a rat's ***** what any of us Redskins fans think? He hasn't in the eight years he has mismanaged this team, so why would he start now??

Does anyone honestly think Dan Snyder gives a rat's ***** what any of us Redskins fans think? He hasn't in the eight years he has mismanaged this team, so why would he start now??

Cause he's not an idiot. He knows damn well if us fans aren't happy we'll turn on the team and the last thing the Danny wants is less annual revenues. He no longer has the great Joe Jackson Gibbs to point to anymore in troubled times.

Cause he's not an idiot. He knows damn well if us fans aren't happy we'll turn on the team and the last thing the Danny wants is less annual revenues. He no longer has the great Joe Jackson Gibbs to point to anymore in troubled times.

So now he can go back to hiring big names to quell the masses?

Archived