Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mr. Snyder: If It's b/w Gregg Williams & Fassel: Please pick Gregg Williams(merged)

Joncevensen

Is there ANY way I can get this to Snyder ASAP before he chooses Fassel?

Mr. Snyder,

We have seen in the past four years the most continuity this team has experienced during your tenure as our currently beloved owner.

Some of us used to despise you for translating your deep desire to win, and love for our team, into a belief that free agent spending would buy you the Super Bowl trophy that both you and us both desperately want.

But that has changed, not just because we didn't appreciate your effort until Spurrier mailed in the second half of his last season, but because you have translated your love for the Redskins into incredible restraint.

You went and lured our beloved Coach Gibbs out of retirement. And in those four years we had two playoff appearances.

Thats one more than anyother coach had accomplished since Coach Gibbs first coached the team.

In between those two years playoff years, we had an adjustment year - most new coaching staffs have one. And another where the entire offense had to adjust to a new system and the defense somehow divinely decided to play like they were all forty five ( I won't even bring up the disaster that was Adam Archeuleta).

Besides that year when the entire defense somehow aged though, we had a team identity. We had a defense and that defense had a general - Gregg Williams. Sometimes we heard he was ****y, after his defense floundered in Year 3 - he swallowed his pride and adjusted. And when this team lost its greatest player, he managed to adjust the defense such that this team still made the playoffs.

As you reportedly told one candidate, "I am not interested in winning press conferences, I am interested in winning the Super Bowl."

As the past four years have shown us all, continuity has brought the Redskins closer to our common goal - a fourth Lombardi Trophy.

Gregg Williams will maintain the continuity and stability that the Redskins have flourished under in the past four years. I am sure Fassel is a good coach - we all saw him lead the Giants to the Super Bowl.

But do not throw away a team identity, reputation, and foundation that has taken four years to establish and that is leading us in the right direction - just because you have small reservations about Gregg Williams.

If you have read this far,

I respect your dedication

Mods - Please do not NNT me for this thread. I believe that it is unique because it addresses the coaching situation as it currently stands. It's Gregg Williams versus Jim Fassel. I am just making the case for Gregg Williams and stability relative to a new start under Fassel. If I am wrong, please just merge and PM me and I'll refrain from thread starting for awhile.

If we hire Fassel, and GW leaves, it won't be because Snyder didn't want him here to coach the defense. He doesn't want to be known as the guy that decided to dismantle what Gibbs put in place.

I believe Snyder has a man-crush on Gibbs. He'll want to ride in Gibbs' wake as long as he can. Fassel + Saunders will be a bad-ass team. GW cannot handle more than DC duties. He utilizes "bend don't break" in a large way. Sure, we can get in a run-stopping groove sometimes. But give Gregg more than he can handle (head coaching duties) and he won't have as much focus on his ultimate duty. If GW is hired as HC, we need a defensive coordinator. If not, he should stay as defensive coordinator. If he leaves on his own - then I'm sorry, but goodbye. Love him or hate him, you can't play favorites when it comes to something this important.

To me, this qualifies as a stand-alone for a couple reasons, but I also want to say that in a time where it seems so many have no idea what a "clear and descriptive" title means, you present a great example. Good luck with the thread :D

i really think that if we have any system changes we are looking at another couple years of learning a new system and the accompanying disappointments that go along with them.

make gregg the coach and keep saunders. i think that gregg has earned at least two years and saunders proved that we can make the system work here. i wouldnt mind seeing the tennessee coach that we interviewed as our defensive coordinator but would really like to see olivadotti get a crack at it.

i really think that if we have any system changes we are looking at another couple years of learning a new system and the accompanying disappointments that go along with them.

make gregg the coach and keep saunders. i think that gregg has earned at least two years and saunders proved that we can make the system work here. i wouldnt mind seeing the tennessee coach that we interviewed as our defensive coordinator but would really like to see olivadotti get a crack at it.

I would NOT like to see shwartz here period...im not sure i know of olivadotti, who is he?

If we hire Fassel, and GW leaves, it won't be because Snyder didn't want him here to coach the defense. He doesn't want to be known as the guy that decided to dismantle what Gibbs put in place.

I believe Snyder has a man-crush on Gibbs. He'll want to ride in Gibbs' wake as long as he can. Fassel + Saunders will be a bad-ass team. GW cannot handle more than DC duties. He utilizes "bend don't break" in a large way. Sure, we can get in a run-stopping groove sometimes. But give Gregg more than he can handle (head coaching duties) and he won't have as much focus on his ultimate duty. If GW is hired as HC, we need a defensive coordinator. If not, he should stay as defensive coordinator. If he leaves on his own - then I'm sorry, but goodbye. Love him or hate him, you can't play favorites when it comes to something this important.

Assuming Snyder keeps him

Lets not forget G.Williams was 16-32 in Buffalo and rubbed some players the wrong way. I keep hearing about continuity on this site, but yet with the strong possibility of A.Saunders getting replaced if Williams is the head coach does not bode well for J.Campbell.

This division is strong wth the Giants and Cowboys leading the way, but do not be surprised if Philly gets Mcnabb another playmaker giving them a legit shot at winning the division. Could see the Skins very easily finishing in last next year.

G.Williams has only proven he is a very good defensive coordinator. Of course the players are going to back him because he is still the Def Coordinatoor at the moment. Perhaps he deserves another shot at a headcoach where there is a proven GM. His arrogance has always been a problem for myself and other Redskin fans, and this could eventually lead to a possible clash with Snyder/Cerrato. He will be on a short leash with Snyder and Redskin fans.

If he does become HC hopefully he has learned something from Gibbs and his prior stint in Buffalo.

Lets not forget G.Williams was 16-32 in Buffalo and rubbed some players the wrong way. I keep hearing about continuity on this site, but yet with the strong possibility of A.Saunders getting replaced if Williams is the head coach does not bode well for J.Campbell.

This division is strong wth the Giants and Cowboys leading the way, but do not be surprised if Philly gets Mcnabb another playmaker giving them a legit shot at winning the division. Could see the Skins very easily finishing in last next year.

G.Williams has only proven he is a very good defensive coordinator. Of course the players are going to back him because he is still the Def Coordinatoor at the moment. Perhaps he deserves another shot at a headcoach where there is a proven GM. His arrogance has always been a problem for myself and other Redskin fans, and this could eventually lead to a possible clash with Snyder/Cerrato. He will be on a short leash with Snyder and Redskin fans.

If he does become HC hopefully he has learned something from Gibbs and his prior stint in Buffalo.

Thats the main difference here. He's made it a point to have the players like him, and you know what? They do. The only ones that liked him up in Buffalo were Fletcher and a few others...the team likes him here.

And maybe thats where he has learned from hid first stint in Buffalo. Bottom line his record there was awful. Know you cant blame everything on him. My main concern here is the clashing of opinions with Snyder/ceratto over draft picks or free agents. Gregg will definitely want say over the first pick and free agents. Perhaps he will want a DB and Snyder a Wr. Just a thought.

Is Danny sh*ttin me?

What the F has Fassel done???

Danny has got to get his act together. This has got to stop. Why is he so enamored with the big name? Why can't we develop a big name of our own. The big names have NEVER succeeded here under The Little One. Just hire GW and let's freakin move on to the offseason. It is getting very tiresome and annoying while you're out playing fantasy football again.

I think the four years under Gibbs was hell for this guy. Danny has been itchin to "play" GM again and it's coming out now again. Like the guys knows anything about football and what to look for in a head coach. Business and coaching may have similar traits, but he DOES NOT have the ability to be a GM, which he is necessarily doing right now.

QUIT MESSIN WITH OUR TEAM AND HIRE GW !!!

Assuming Snyder keeps him

Right, and also assuming that Saunders doesn't take it upon himself to leave.

Saunders seems to be laying low, which is scaring people, but I think he's snuggling in quietly. He MIGHT leave, but if all works out the way it should, we should get a replacement for Gibbs and THAT'S IT. If Williams is promoted, we need a new DC while Gregg oversees the operation like hell. Depth in upper-tier coaching is important. One coordinator and a HC making us shallow up top puts me in doubt.

To Mr, Snyder,

Gregg Williams should be the next Redskins Head Coach, but keep Al Saunders as Associate Head Coach-Offense. Please give him a 2nd chance to prove himself all over again. Hopefully, Gregg has learned a lot during Gibbs' 2nd stint in Washington.

Fassel couldn't even hack it as the Raven's O Cord. I hope Snyder comes to his senses and realizes GW is the best choice for too many reasons to list if it comes down to the two of them.

I agree that GW should be the guy, but who knows how much control Fassel really had with the Ravens, with Billick's huge ego.

If Saunders were to leave, I'd be ok with Fassel as OC.

I'm hoping that Dan has given GW the HC position. Maybe GW wants to go in another direction with the offense and that could be the reason why they interviewed Fassel as an OC/QB coach. I could live with that, although that might hinder the development of JC but it also might be an easier/simplified system that he can grasp and it's a fact that Fassel is very good at coaching up the QB's. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Damn you Danny!

Fassel is a huge step backward...we have everything we need..Joe Gibbs left it to us...its all at Redskin park already....just go with it...why f up what has been built for 4 years...do not tell Fossil will lead us in the NFC Beast...please...he is done.

Also stop disrespecting GW, he could have left already for another HC job...he has been loyal to you and the organization. Hire GW.

Archived