Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mark May Book

Peytskins47

I tried doing a search on this to see if anyone had posted anything about it. However, the search feature was not working. Anyway, I just started reading Mark May's 'Tales from the Washington Redskins' book. I read about the first chapter last night and enjoyed it. I know the book is a year or two old but if you have not seen it, it might be worth reading. It is helping me now that the Skins season is over. One funny thing-back in the day they called Joe Gibbs 'Buns' or 'Bunsy' because he never cursed. He just said-'run your buns off'!

Let me know what you think when you are done, maybe ill pick it up...i wish Riggo would write a book

10-4. Like Chief skin says, it is an easy read. I almost bet it was easy for May to write, he just had to sit down and recall some stories and have the writer take notes.

I read it when it came out.

A nice and easy read for my flights to and from the Tampa playoff game in '06.

Mayday made me want to go to the Alpine restaurant in Arlington just to see all of the 1980s Redskins memorabilia. Pretty cool stuff they still have in that place, worth a trip once but the food is pricey.

May is actually more of a college FB guy than a pro man, but I enjoyed his accounts of his glory days in DC.

Let me know what you think when you are done, maybe ill pick it up...i wish Riggo would write a book

I just finished the book. It took all of about a day and a half. It is worth getting, you could probably get it $15 or cheaper on ebay or amazon. The last section of the book he really torches Snyder. If anyone would like to know what it says let me know and I will post it, if no one has a problem with that.

Post what he says. I have lost a lot of respect for Mark May since he essentially has been anti Redskins as of late and has nothing to do with the franchise. Not sure why he is so hateful. I refuse to buy his book because of it.

I am not going to post word for word, but I will hit some of the highlights. Let me give this disclaimer-I have only been to one game at FedEx and it was great. I thought the ticket prices and parking were very convenient and reasonable. It blows Bank of America stadium in Charlotte away, that is the only other stadium besides RFK I have been to.

Mark May talks about the things this board has already dissected-Coaching instability, Throwing money at things with aging players-Sanders, Smith, Brunell-salary cap and poor drafts. He critizes Gibbs for coming back to a 'hands on' owner like Snyder. He talks about Snyder's poor reputation in the league-Snyder complaining about the quality of the food in the owner's box in Baltimore, making the Ravens pay to park their team buses at FedEx. Also, in Detroit Snyder getting mad that his box was obstructed so that TV cameras could not get a clear shot of him. The Redskins next trip to Detroit, his box was not even cleaned from the week before-popcorn and trash everywhere. May talks about Snyder not being able to do anything without his entourage with him. Talks about increasing ticket and parking prices and charging to watch practices-which essentially allowed a scout from any team to film the Redskins.

Final paragraph-word for word, "In six years, Danny has cut the hearts and trimmed the wallets of the Washington Redskins' fans. Danny Snyder has taken the Washington Redskins franchise and systematically removed the history and class from the organization brick by brick."

Archived