Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Strahan on the cold weather Sunday..

KiwiSupaFlyNuka

You're getting old, it's alright to admit it. Oh, and get your damn teeth fixed already!

:gaintsuck

You know....I always wondered why opposing fans around the league never say that about the NFL's single season TD leader - Sean Alexander or the multitude of other NFL players with a gap tooth.

Maybe Strahan is more popular than I thought?

You know....I always wondered why opposing fans around the league never say that about the NFL's single season TD leader - Sean Alexander or the multitude of other NFL players with a gap tooth.

There are others? Maybe it's just the Subway commercials but Strahan seems the most pronounced to me and he has the cash to fix it. They all do.

']The Giants OLine doesn't plan on wearing sleeves. There is a point where you take toughness and macho a little too far. This may be that point.
Some o-lineman/d-lineman believe that those sleeves give the opponent an advantage because it gives them something to grab, hold and pull. Obviously, that would lead to penalites, but the refs don't always call them. However, I agree completely with you Tom. Being able to move at the end of the game is a lot more important than toughness or slight holds.

Some o-lineman/d-lineman believe that those sleeves give the opponent an advantage because it gives them something to grab' date=' hold and pull. Obviously, that would lead to penalites, but the refs don't always call them. However, I agree completely with you Tom. Being able to move at the end of the game is a lot more important than toughness or slight holds.[/quote']

I agree with you and Tom. I have never understood the Macho Man thing when it comes to wearing sleeves. Why not keep your body as warm as possible? Keep the muscles warm. They now make gear that is so tight in the arms, I think it would be hard to grab ahold of it now. Plus, if you grab the material on the arms, you're holding, because you're supposed to get inside the pads.

Bunch of Macho BS if you ask me. I'd try to stay as warm as possible.

Advantage GB. If these guys are worried about the cold now, then it's bound to be in their mind during the game.

I don't think the cold will the factor in the game, I think footing will be a factor. Seattle was the 2nd best team sacking and they never even touched Favre, because the snow and field conditions negated their speed. Osi and Michael rely on that speed also. If they can't get pressure, it's all over.

some of these players love the cold tub so that's probably why they can take it. once they're really warmed up and playing, they won't mind the cold. it probably won't be until they walk over to the sideline, they notice how cold it is. i think these games are harder on the fans, special teams players, and coaches than the players participating fulltime.

There are others, but Strahan looks like he can fit an entire tooth into his gap.

']The Giants OLine doesn't plan on wearing sleeves. There is a point where you take toughness and macho a little too far. This may be that point.

They're fat though. Really really fat.

Archived