Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants & Chargers Fought Well But Are Wounded, Vulnerable

bulldog

both NY and SD overcame a lot to get to the championship games, but the wear and tear of not having the bye week I think is going to hit both teams in the face come next weekend.

the Giants somehow managed to persevere without both starting corners against Dallas and with O'Hara and Burress way less than 100%.

expect the Packers to make the plays in the passing game that the Cowboys missed and for Green Bay to advance. Brett Favre is not going to melt down in the fourth quarter at Lambeau the way Romo sits to pee did yesterday.

in the other game, I see the potential for a blowout. the Patriots are healthy and beat a good Jacksonville team by double digits at home. meanwhile, the Chargers were able to win with Billy Volek and Michael Turner carrying the load against the equally banged up Colts who were without Freeney and McFarland and saw Harrison leave in the second quarter.

a HEALTHY Chargers team with Rivers, Tomlinson and Gates going to NE in my mind is a 5-6 point underdog. with these players less than 100%, I don't see SD being more than a speed bump for Brady and Co.

Agree with you here, one of the commentators on the San Diego/Indy game pointed out that no matter who the Patriots played, they'd be at a huge advantage because of how badly hurt both teams were getting. Must be nice to be the Patriots and not have any significant squad member get hurt ..

Oh I'm sorry. Roosevelt Colvin's out! It's not like you had another vet linebacker to step in ... oh wait ...

:doh:

No matter how the season ends, at this point you can't tell me this has not been a tremendously successful season for the Gmen regardless of this weekends results. First in regards to Eli's development, no question he's the leader of this team for the next decade or so, as Eli goes so go the Giants, and I couldn't be more content. Secondly, we knocked the Boys out of the playoff's! Are you kidding me? We pulled off one of the biggest upsets in team history, and against an all-time hated rival to boot? Could not ask for much more. So yeah we may get rolled this Sunday against the Pack, that's a real possibility. Especially considering 3 of our top 4 CB's may not suit up for the game. But at this point we're playing loose, and with house money. All the pressure is on Green Bay, we've beaten the team most considered to be the class of the NFC, so why can't we take Green Bay?

I'll tell you one thing, we have a much better shot against the Pack, than San Diego has against NE.

No matter how the season ends, at this point you can't tell me this has not been a tremendously successful season for the Gmen regardless of this weekends results. First in regards to Eli's development, no question he's the leader of this team for the next decade or so, as Eli goes so go the Giants, and I couldn't be more content. Secondly, we knocked the Boys out of the playoff's! Are you kidding me? We pulled off one of the biggest upsets in team history, and against an all-time hated rival to boot? Could not ask for much more. So yeah we may get rolled this Sunday against the Pack, that's a real possibility. Especially considering 3 of our top 4 CB's may not suit up for the game. But at this point we're playing loose, and with house money. All the pressure is on Green Bay, we've beaten the team most considered to be the class of the NFC, so why can't we take Green Bay?

I'll tell you one thing, we have a much better shot against the Pack, than San Diego has against NE.

I disagree a little bit. The Giants have played very well the last three games. They are a very good football team, but they are a very inconsistent football team. It starts with Eli. He has also looked good the last three games and finally showed up in the playoffs. Let's see how well he he does against a more prepared football team under more adverse weather conditions.

Don't underestimate the G-Men against the Pack...

1. The Packers have NO pass rush(5/6 games, they have only TWO sacks)

2. They're vulnerable against the run

3. Al Harris and Charles Woodson may play press coverage very well, but if you can get past that, they're BURNT TOAST

4. Not sold on Ryan Grant completely-he just happened to torch some ****** run D's that most running backs would have done anyways

5. They are VERY vulernable in their middle of the field D

If the Giants can get it going with their run game, they have a good chance.:2cents:

Dont underestimate the chargers either.

You know why? THe two people injured in the game arent the most important factor going into the Pats game. The aspect of their team that will determine everything is healthy. And that is their defense.

Their red zone defense in particular. They have come around and obviously have to play the game of their life to win. But you can give up as many yards as you want, as long as you make them kick field goals or get turnovers. The chargers feed off of these things. Cromartie is MUCH more of a factor than he was in week 2 and is dangerous should he touch the ball. That front seven is just monstrous. Its all about the defense when it comes beating the Pats. Because the pats D can be had, but it has to be a close enough game for the chargers to be able to achieve balance, whoever plays. Its all about stopping the greatest offense of all time.

Packers have a good rushman in Kampman and blitzing linebackers Hawk and Barnett. Against the Seahawks Green Bay didn't have to rush Hasselbeck that much because his receivers couldn't get open against Charles Woodson and Al Harris.

The Giants receivers are going to have the same problems against these veteran corners that the Seattle receivers had after the 14-0 lead.

But the real difference in my mind is the playoff experience of Brett Favre playing at home.

Homefield in Lambeau is a LOT bigger deal than homefield in Dallas was for the Cowboys.

Archived