Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "12th man"

Skins&Terps07

If Seahawk fans really are the best in the nation, and the whole "12th man" thing is such a key to Seahawk victories, why don't these same fans go on the road and travel to support the team?

Considering the Seahawks haven't won a road playoff game in forever, maybe some of their great and wonderful fans would think that the team would have an easier time winning on the road if they had more support. IMO, that would truly be the way to show the importance of the 12th man. Anyone can go to a home game and cheer, but people traveling on the road would really show the dedication of the fan base.

Seahawk fans seemed very surprised at the number of fans the Skins had out at the game. I'm sure those fans made a minimal difference in the outcome, but still, I don't think we'd ever see that type of showing of Seahawk fans at an away game, especially one across the country.

I don't blame them though. If they went to other stadiums, they wouldn't be able to talk all the trash they do and try to start fights with any man, woman or child wearing opposing colors. Where's the fun in attending a football game without being able to do that?

I guess the 12th man only chooses to cheer when it's convenient for them.

I don't blame them though. If they went to other stadiums, they wouldn't be able to talk all the trash they do and try to start fights with any man, woman or child wearing opposing colors. Where's the fun in attending a football game without being able to do that?

I guess that ranks them just above Philly fans...

The morning after the game in Seattle my girl and I were down in the parking garage with the valet waiting for the vehicle when a 'hawks fan struck up a conversation albeit brief as I was still in NO mood to communicate with any of them but...I did ask if he was going to be flying out to Green Bay to see his team play...the look on his face was like 'who would do that?'....he said he couldn't get tickets (I told him how)...he said Green Bay was too far away (I told him about a great invention called airplanes)...and he said it was really cold there. At that point the valet brought the vehicle up and I thought to myself this would really be a great time to just run this guys ass over. I HATE seahawk fans, most are fairweather pathetic pieces of crap. ~

...he said Green Bay was too far away (I told him about a great invention called airplanes)...~

:laugh:

If their fans ever did get on a plane to go to an away game, they'd probably try to take credit for the airplane being loud too.

"Oh man, listen to those engines roar. I can barely hear. Oh man look at that, I'm in row 12!!! It's sooo loud because Seahawks fans are on it."

.I did ask if he was going to be flying out to Green Bay to see his team play...the look on his face was like 'who would do that?'..

Yeah, I had a dumbass Seahawk fan attempt to lecture me Saturday night at the Seattle downtown Hilton (knowing I traveled from VA to Seattle just for the game) on how the Seahawk fans are the best fans.

I asked him where is he sitting in Lambough field next week, to which he had no comeback of course since he wasn't going, so I told him at that point he just needs to STFU and left him to stew.:doh:

I don't know what's more interesting. Watching posters rip on people in other places they don't know or ripping just as hard on their own when the mood strikes them. :) Well, it's all part of the territory. :cool: People--different places, same story. ;) The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. :laugh:

If Seahawk fans really are the best in the nation, and the whole "12th man" thing is such a key to Seahawk victories, why don't these same fans go on the road and travel to support the team?

Considering the Seahawks haven't won a road playoff game in forever, maybe some of their great and wonderful fans would think that the team would have an easier time winning on the road if they had more support. IMO, that would truly be the way to show the importance of the 12th man. Anyone can go to a home game and cheer, but people traveling on the road would really show the dedication of the fan base.

Seahawk fans seemed very surprised at the number of fans the Skins had out at the game. I'm sure those fans made a minimal difference in the outcome, but still, I don't think we'd ever see that type of showing of Seahawk fans at an away game, especially one across the country.

I guess the 12th man only chooses to cheer when it's convenient for them.

FYI-only 10% of that Super Bowl crowd in Detroit were Seahawk fans. Yeah-ONLY 10%.

Honestly-I'm not surprised at how many blown officiating calls that went the Steelers' way, which HFA tends to get more times that not as the home crowd tries to sway the officials at the spur of the moment on close ones.(i.e. that Hawks' TD in the 1st quarter that got nullified when the Steelers' DB argued with the officials and the Steelers' crowd begged it on).

This has already been discussed I don't know how many times...Especially leading up to t he Seattle game...They're stadium's acoustics were designed to amplify crowd noise and project it back onto the field...There are also certain sections with metal floors for extra loud foot stomping...It's designed so well at bouncing the noise back onto the field that even fans in the stands can't tell how loud it is...They don't have the best fans, they have the most well designed stadium

:D Well from a Dallas Perspective teams that have great fans (based on travel) are 1) Green Bay and 2) Stealers.. Those teams fly their fans in everytime they play here. I can't say I've noticed other teams fans fly in and make a such a noticible impression. I know Skins fans are great in their own Stadium though, or at least when the Cowboys play. :silly:

the only real "12th man" is down in College Station...Aggieland.

You're damn right...and there's history and tradition behind it. Aggie fans travel as well b/c that's what real fans do.

It's sad how Seattle fans get off on a 1980s-created marketing stunt...but all the same, at least their lawyers admitted to ripping the slogan off and are now paying royalties to A&M. Helps to keep the tuition down.

You're damn right...and there's history and tradition behind it. Aggie fans travel as well b/c that's what real fans do.

It's sad how Seattle fans get off on a 1980s-created marketing stunt...but all the same, at least their lawyers admitted to ripping the slogan off and are now paying royalties to A&M. Helps to keep the tuition down.

yep, Seattle was 60 years too slow...

http://aggietraditions.tamu.edu/12thman.shtml

going to an Aggie game is quite the experience.

You have to remember. Seattle boasts a bunch of castoffs, its sorta of like where everyone in the country goes that considers themselves different. Thats where alot of the reality shows started and its what they pride themselves on. They're all politically correct to, ever notice that? Mention to one of them that we have 3 superbowls and they go nuts and say that you have no Superbowls, the redskins do, and then proceed to curse you as they walk away. Really funny.

This has already been discussed I don't know how many times...Especially leading up to t he Seattle game...They're stadium's acoustics were designed to amplify crowd noise and project it back onto the field...There are also certain sections with metal floors for extra loud foot stomping...It's designed so well at bouncing the noise back onto the field that even fans in the stands can't tell how loud it is...They don't have the best fans, they have the most well designed stadium

Ding, ding, ding! Exactly!!!!

Well put! :applause:

I have worked with my current employer since 2002 and until there Super Bowl run in 05 no one wore Seahawks Gear to work on Causal Fridays.

They all thought I was crazy for all the Redskins Gear I wore on Friday during Football Season.

There fan base does not travel and now with the reputation they are getting they probably will not travel because they will have something waiting for them in opposing Stadiums.

:kungfu:

Archived