Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "12th man"

Skins&Terps07

Pittsburgh fans travel notoriously well? Besides that, no one really has a fan base that takes away a home team's advantage.

Redskins stadium, however, usually has an insane amount of visiting fans.

Yup Fed Ex is a relatively short drive from the cities of two of our NFC East rivals .... and the DC area is loaded with Cowboy fans who wouldn't even be able to find Texas on a map. Jerks. :mad:

I know there are *always* fans of the other team in my section. In fact, at the 1st game last season against the Dolphins, a girl wearing a Cowboys shirt sat next to me! Why would you come to a Redskins - Dolphins game in a freaking Cowboys shirt?!?! She even accused me of pushing her when I stood up to cheer. I thought to myself, "Oh if I were to shove you intentionally, you'd know it, biatch". That was a long day for me. ;)

Yup Fed Ex is a relatively short drive from the cities of two of our NFC East rivals .... and the DC area is loaded with Cowboy fans who wouldn't even be able to find Texas on a map. Jerks. :mad:

I know there are *always* fans of the other team in my section. In fact, at the 1st game last season against the Dolphins, a girl wearing a Cowboys shirt sat next to me! Why would you come to a Redskins - Dolphins game in a freaking Cowboys shirt?!?! She even accused me of pushing her when I stood up to cheer. I thought to myself, "Oh if I were to shove you intentionally, you'd know it, biatch". That was a long day for me. ;)

In fairness, NY and Philly are as close to D.C. as D.C. is to those two cities. Neither NY or Philly ever have anywhere near the amount of away fans as Fed Ex Field. I can't speak for NY, but I know for sure that Philly is full of Cowboy fans too. They never find their way to tickets to Dallas-Philly games as frequently as they do in Washington.

Also, their fans aren't "good" fans. They have a stadium set up acoustically to channel all sound onto the field, they have the overhanging covers to aid that, and they probably use the speaker system to pump in extra sound. 12th man my ass. Try selling out every single home game since 1968 then get back to me on how great your fans are.

Also, their fans aren't "good" fans. They have a stadium set up acoustically to channel all sound onto the field, they have the overhanging covers to aid that, and they probably use the speaker system to pump in extra sound. 12th man my ass. Try selling out every single home game since 1968 then get back to me on how great your fans are.

The Redskins have been fined for illegal use of the sound system. The Seahawks have not.

I have several Seahawk "fan" friends, including my boyfriend's family, and they are almost as fairweather as 49er fans (I grew up geographically in-between the 2 teams, so I was constantly surrounded by these punks). Never noticed Seahawks fans 10 years ago, but now, they're jumping off the rafters. It's ridiculous. I just shake my head and laugh when I hear them claiming they're the best fans in the world...they have a great sound-amplifiying stadium, but that's about it.

On a side note-why is it so difficult for opposing kickers to make FGs at Qwest?

In '05, Cortez missed a chipshot BAD-ly. Otherwise, Bledsoe would have taken a knee(instead of making that bone-headed decision) at the end of the game.

Later that same year, the Giants had THREE chances to win, but Jay Feeley missed at the end of reg, then twice in OT-all three makeable.(Remember he made the Pro Bowl that year) Heh-those reaction shots from Shockey and Strahan were priceless.

I've noticed threads in The Stadium criticizing Suisham, but not only has he played well for you guys, but it wasn't like his FG miss was some rare thing there.

As do I. I think it's funny that that guy is a Cowboys fan too. He's hyping his team and trashing their star WR at the same time!

I'm not trashing TO, I'm praising George Teague with this sig. It just shows how he still cared despite how bad the team may have sucked. I will support anyone who is a member of the Cowboys, but that doesn't mean I won't continue to enjoy what is still probably my favorite "play." :)

why don't these same fans go on the road and travel to support the team?
There were some there - wish I coulda been.

Despite the outcome of the game, sounds like it was an awesome time ...

Seahawks fan @ Lambeau

I ran into a lot of Hawks Fans...they were all very nice about everything. After the game in Lambeau and at the Stadium View I would ask if they had a nice time or if they wre being treated well....EVERY SINGLE ONE SAID They were treated well and had a great time. Many of them had the same sentiment as the guy who wrote the above posted letter.

In the parking lot at Lambeau I asked one guy if he had a nice time...he looked at me and said "WOW, This place is unreal" ... of course we knew that already and now they have major props for us.....Believe it or not...these guys all took it very well that they lost....because the total experience was just "unreal"

621hawks12_0231mu_hummer.jpg

621hawks12_0021mu_photos.jpg

450hawks12_0164mu_grass.jpg

621hawks12_0140mu_fans.jpg

2004122393.jpg

2004122403.jpg

Archived