Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Send Off For Coach Joe Gibbs

TK

Thank you to everyone that was out at the sendoff yesterday. My daughter and I were there also and it was an experience that neither of us will ever forget. Thank you to Huly and Pez for making a longtime fan, but new to the ExtremeSkins, and her diehard-in-training daughter feel like we have always been a part of the family.

You guys are an incredible representation of all of the fans!!

Susan Lang

Leesburg, VA

I got one which is next to my ST collection! But anyway cricket, how long did it take to get home saturday/sunday from there to crofton. I didn't make it back till around 5 am or so but then again I went the wrong way twice since I was falling asleep at the wheel! LOL!:D

We got home at 5:00, and that is after leaving Redskins Park around 4:00, oh, and stopping at 7/11 for a snack.

Where do you live in Crofton?

That was a SWEET helmet by the way, but you already knew that!

Oh no you didn't just go there!

Are you coming out tonight?

If so, I want to meet you in the parking lot.

Nobody picks on my girl (except me). ;)

i am so pumped that you are going to be out tonight...if you hold him, ill punch him :applause:

see you soon...work is going by too slow!

Great pictures! I really wish I could have made it out.

Can't make it tonight either (damn, band practice ;)), but as you know, Cricket will be there to represent us.

Much appreciation to Huly and Pez for all they do, from ES Tailgates, send-offs and welcome homes, the vigils for Sean, off-season events, etc. You two are amazing!!! :notworthy :notworthy :applause: :applause: :applause:

We got home at 5:00, and that is after leaving Redskins Park around 4:00, oh, and stopping at 7/11 for a snack.

Where do you live in Crofton?

That was a SWEET helmet by the way, but you already knew that!

I live in crofton meadows, the nieghborhood in front of the school that is in the shape of a giant horseshoe! So you saw my ST helmet huh!:D

My friend and I made it out there just in time to see Coach Gibbs before he went back in to do his interview with George Michael. I've heard about how he always takes the time to meet and greet all the fans before. But being there and seeing him in person I got a new appreciation for just how personal a connection Gibbs makes with each and every fan. Even though I did not solicit anything from him, he looked me right in the eye, shook my hand, and said thank you. It was very personal, and I felt like he really saw me. It was truly an amazing experience that my friend and I will never forget.

Thank you Coach Gibbs! You brought back dignity and respect to the Redskins organization and you will forever be remembered and missed in the hearts of Redskins fans everywhere.

Huly and pez, thank you once again for organizing this. You guys are the best!

For anyone that wasn't able to make it, just in case you didn't get this from the pics or the clips on the news... Gibbs really took his time meeting and greeting all the fans. He gave anyone that wanted them copies of his most recent book and little cards with his picture on them that he autographed right then and there. He did not seem rushed or hurried at all, but spent time interacting personally with each fan that was there. He seemed happy to pose for pictures or hug anyone that asked. While we were expressing our thanks and gratitude to him for all he's done, he also expressed a genuine appreciation for us.

While it would be nice, I don't see how the new coach could possibly have such a personal relationship with or deep appreciation for the fans. Good luck to whoever is selected, those are some amazing shoes he'll have to fill!

Archived