Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

my man Kirkland is done :(. I had a nasty feeling all day about that fight for some reason. his style has always been defensively reckless and he paid for it in spades last night

yeah i didn't order it either because i thought Morales was going to get slaughtered. it looked that way after 1 round, but Morales showed why he's one boxing's greatest warriors. dude fought 11 rounds with one eye completely swollen shut, not to mention fighting at a weight well above where he fought the most of his career.

I hope he got paid nicely, now I hope he hangs them up, which he won't

Edited by StillUnknown

Great fight. Ortiz deserves that win. Ref was suspect in his decisions. Judges did good. Now let's see if the rematch will be as good as the 1st fight. Juanma Lopez about to fight on Showtime. Let's see what him and Salido can do.

Great fight. Ortiz deserves that win. Ref was suspect in his decisions. Judges did good. Now let's see if the rematch will be as good as the 1st fight. Juanma Lopez about to fight on Showtime. Let's see what him and Salido can do.

i'm getting tired of Bob Arum waiting to match Lopez & Gamboa

one of them is going to lose before they fight

Thoughts on Berto vs Ortiz

Awesome fight, I had a feeling it was going to provide a spectacular knockout. For that I was incorrect on, but it did provide more entertainment than I've seen in awhile on the vicious uncertainty of who was going to win at nearly any given moment of the fight. For the first time in my life I think I could actually see on the fighters face (Ortiz face in about round 4) that he was going to take the title and Berto actually knew it as well. I think that is why Berto said he didn't feel to be himself in the fight, no kidding, its because that is what happens when someone really wants something and I mean really wants it. Ortiz came to this fight to destroy Berto and claim the title for himself. Berto came to the fight to win......that simply wasn't good enough for tonight even though on most nights he could of gotten by with it. I take my hat off to Victor and Andre though, they both fought like champions, they provided the fans of boxing with the type of entertainment and excitement for the sport which will leave us all looking forward to the next fight on HBO.

Cheers to a good fight and to the hope that neither fighter is damaged goods from this fight forward in their careers.

I don't get Showtime guys, fill me in on a recap of what happened.

Juanma was in alot of trouble, getting drilled, but was still throwing. Salido hit him with one shot action paused for like half a second and the ref jumped in.

Juanma was still throwing at that time though. the ref would've been more justified if he stopped it 30secs earlier than when he did

guess we won't be seeing Lopez vs. Juanma now :mad:

Not anytime soon!!!

---------- Post added April-16th-2011 at 11:23 PM ----------

guess we won't be seeing Lopez vs. Juanma now :mad:

Not anytime soon!!!

---------- Post added April-16th-2011 at 11:25 PM ----------

Great boxing tonight!!! Too bad the ref ruined this fight. Let the champ go out and get KO'ed or at least dropped again.

---------- Post added April-16th-2011 at 11:26 PM ----------

Great boxing tonight!!! Too bad the ref ruined this fight. Let the champ go out and get KO'ed or at least dropped again.

Who was the Salido guy, I don't recognize that name at all. Was this figured to be a JuanMa warm up for potential fight with Gamboa?

JuanMa always seemed a little bit soft to me when I've seen him fight, can't remember who it was against but he didn't strike me as having the same toughness most of the puerto rican fighters have.On the other side though who is Orlando Salido?

I was pretty confident Gamboa would destroy Lopez, guess this makes it more evident, I'd still like to see it though.

Not anytime soon!!!

---------- Post added April-16th-2011 at 11:23 PM ----------

Not anytime soon!!!

---------- Post added April-16th-2011 at 11:25 PM ----------

---------- Post added April-16th-2011 at 11:26 PM ----------

I fully believe Salido would've dropped him or stopped him short order had the ref let it continue

it wouldn't have lasted much longer, but he deserved the opportunity to go on

very impressive performance from Salido though

Who was the Salido guy, I don't recognize that name at all. Was this figured to be a JuanMa warm up for potential fight with Gamboa?

JuanMa always seemed a little bit soft to me when I've seen him fight, can't remember who it was against but he didn't strike me as having the same toughness most of the puerto rican fighters have.On the other side though who is Orlando Salido?

I was pretty confident Gamboa would destroy Lopez, guess this makes it more evident, I'd still like to see it though.

he's a quality fighter, very good chin. more of a brawler than boxer, but he's a measuring stick for young fighters. he's the kind of fighter thats just below championship level.

he went 12 rounds with Gamboa

Edited by StillUnknown

Okay, I just did a search after you mentioned him going 12 rounds with Gamboa. I did see that fight but the fight was a boring matchup to me in general and I paid little attention to it at the time, enough to not even remember him. That was one of the few in a row that Gamboa had and was very much like a boxer more so than his knockout win over Solis.