Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

JMM made more in his 3rd fight against Pacquiao than he did against Mayweather.

You asked the question and I gave you an answer. Now go look it up and come back and try to twist it to fit your agenda.

Still, I am aware that Maidana will make a little more once the PPV numbers are counted, but we were only talking guaranteed purses. Heck, we're only talking about $1.5M. I don't think it's to far a stretch to think he would have made that against Broner.

You're right. I asked for one & you gave me one. Yes of course I could spin it but why bother... kudos to you. But I'm sure you get my point so kill that nonsense about "It's all the same" bcuz it clearly is not. 

As far as thinking Maidana would've made 1.5mil for a Broner rematch, it's nuts.

If Pacquiao had beaten any of those fighters before Mayweather, the same would be said about Pacquiao. Once a fighter loses, his value goes down. So it's common sense that fighters don't make as much after they have fought Mayweather. You think Bradley would make more fighting Mayweather in September than he did fighting Pacquiao this past April? No way.

But back to this weekends fight. Anyway you slice it, Maidana is getting HOSED. He's the B-side of one of the biggest fights of the year and he's only guaranteed $1.5M?

If Pacquiao had beaten any of those fighters before Mayweather, the same would be said about Pacquiao. Once a fighter loses, his value goes down. So it's common sense that fighters don't make as much after they have fought Mayweather. You think Bradley would make more fighting Mayweather in September than he did fighting Pacquiao this past April? No way.

That's a clear contradiction if the answer to my first question was Marquez. So if he's not an exception in one instance then he's no exception in the other. He got obliterated by Floyd and still went on to make a career high against Manny. So no sir that doesn't work. (And I would have left JMM out of the convo bcuz I feel like he's the clear exception here but u brought him up so hey, there it is.) Fact.

But back to this weekends fight. Anyway you slice it, Maidana is getting HOSED. He's the B-side of one of the biggest fights of the year and he's only guaranteed $1.5M?

If he's getting "hosed" then why take the fight?? Career high pay day. That's why. Floyd "lottery ticket" Mayweather lol

Well duh, of course they won't make as much after losing to Mayweather on a PPV. I don't even know why you felt the need to.point that out. Mayweather is a PPV fighter. Of course you're gonna make more fighting him. And you can say the same for Pacquiao. Or ODL or Mike Tyson before them.

Well duh, of course they won't make as much after losing to Mayweather on a PPV. I don't even know why you felt the need to.point that out. Mayweather is a PPV fighter. Of course you're gonna make more fighting him. And you can say the same for Pacquiao. Or ODL or Mike Tyson before them.

As I said before, NO buddy it is not the same. Everytime somebody signs on the dotted line to fight Floyd, they're signing for a career high purse guarantee. ODH, Tyson, or Pacquiao can't make that claim.

Yeah, and if Alvarado beats JMM, he'll get his biggest payday against Pacquiao. If anybody on that card tomorrow were to fight Pacquiao, INCLUDING Mayweather, they'd be getting their biggest payday.

What I'm telling you is, of course everybody Mayweather fight will be getting their biggest payday. They're jumping from Showtime to headlining a PPV.

If anybody on that card tomorrow were to fight Pacquiao, INCLUDING Mayweather, they'd be getting their biggest payday.

Very debatable.

What I'm telling you is, of course everybody Mayweather fight will be getting their biggest payday. They're jumping from Showtime to headlining a PPV.

Regardless, Floyd will still produce the higher pay day & all fighters in the game right now know that.

Very debatable.

Regardless, Floyd will still produce the higher pay day & all fighters in the game right now know that.

I assume the "debatable" is would Paq/May top May/Alvarez. I agree, at this time, that would be debatable. I actually think Maidana would be getting more if he was fighting Paq.

Ricardo Mayorga

‏@THEREALMAYORGA

@FloydMayweather es win this fight and we will be ready for him en septiembre after we KO @MAVenenoRubio en dos for belt. we fight at 153 lb

Mayweather's ducking Mayorga

Nah, Mayorga is right down Floyd's alley. Not particularly fast and easy to hit.

They'll resolve it, no way they are throwing away the payday associated with this card.

I have very little faith in boxing, but not even they can **** this one up. If that fight doesn't go off, it destroys Mayweather's PPV buys moving forward.

More than likely, this is just Maidana's attempt at ****ing with Floyd before the fight.

They'll resolve it, no way they are throwing away the payday associated with this card.

I have very little faith in boxing, but not even they can **** this one up. If that fight doesn't go off, it destroys Mayweather's PPV buys moving forward.

More than likely, this is just Maidana's attempt at ****ing with Floyd before the fight.

Shaefer says everything will be ok... i guess:

http://fighthype.com/news/article16911.html

Edited by T-REX1240

Roll call time.

Who is gonna actually gonna pay $75 for this mismatch? Floyd got me for the last time when he fought an overmatched Alvarez. I'm supposed to think Maidana can do what a quicker Alvarez couldn't do? I will watch the fight, but it will be at a local establishment.

Edited by DM72

Roll call time.

Who is gonna actually gonna pay $75 for this mismatch? Floyd got me for the last time when he fought an overmatched Alvarez. I'm supposed to think Maidana can do what a quicker Alvarez couldn't do? I will watch the fight, but it will be at a local establishment.

A lot more than the 600k avg that have been wasting their $60 for Pacquiao's last few fights.

Win, lose or draw, Paq's fights tend to be way more exciting. Even the hardcore May fans know that. This is a gross mismatch and you know it.

I will be surprised if this fight breaks 1M.

Win, lose or draw, Paq's fights tend to be way more exciting. Even the hardcore May fans know that. This is a gross mismatch and you know it.

I will be surprised if this fight breaks 1M.

Everybody will have their own opinion about "excitement" depending on the style u like. I like technical styles hence the reason I like watching certain fighters like Ward, Riggo, etc.

If you call Pacquiao fights exciting then that's your opinion. When I watch Manny fight, I wonder how he's even made it this long with the amount of punishment he takes fight after fight. His defense is very suspect. I also wonder how someone once so offensively talented has faced such a steep decline with each passing fight. His movement isn't the same. He doesn't hit no where near as hard as he used to, his punches lack the "pop" they once had, he even now shows signs of real fatigue in the late rounds which I didn't see before.

But clearly that's your guy so whenever he steps in the ring, you've already deemed the fight "exciting" no matter how good/bad Mannylooks.

I'll be watching, I support companies putting together "Supercards" (Khan, Broner & Mayweather-Maidana) and will show my support with my wallet.  Mayweather always puts on a show and is a beast and I think he can get a late stoppage if he wants.  

Also, Pac is one half of the absolute WORST 12 round PPV fight I have ever had the displeasure of watching (not that it was his fault but still).

• Like 2