Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Floyd gets his average of 32mil upfront. But then you factor in concessions, foreign tv, live gates, merchandice, on top of ppv and he actually goes over 50 every single time. Like he said "I can make $50mill fighting a cab driver." 

That's not to say he could fight a no-name tomato-can and be guaranteed 50mil. But he's saying that no matter the guaranteed purse, he'd easily surpass 50 because of all the other guarantees/revenue that comes in after; aka "the back end"

Does he get a take out of the parking receipts too? Floyd made around $90M in 2013 and most of that was for the Alverez fight. No way, despite what Mayweather will tell you, he made $50M fighting Guerrero.

Does he get a take out of the parking receipts too? Floyd made around $90M in 2013 and most of that was for the Alverez fight. No way, despite what Mayweather will tell you, he made $50M fighting Guerrero.

That 90mil is a documented figure before all the final numbers are tallied. There is no way to really count the whole total of Floyd's earnings for one fight until years after. Any report you see is a projected figure based off projected numbers, basically rough estimates. The back end is basically residual income because the checks will keep coming even years later. So right off that bat did Floyd make 50mil for Guerrero?? Probably not. But once it's all said and done, of course he did. Easily. That the position he's put himself in. Business-wise it's absolutely brilliant.

Like Sick said, the Blueprint is there for Manny to follow. For some strange reason, he refuses to do so. So he will continue to fight well below his worth and get paid like an average fighter instead of the cashcow he actually is.

Honestly, I could care less what he makes, I'll stick to the other issues.

On to the issues. Why should Manny (a big star in his own right) have to follow a blue print set out by Mayweather? And I don't think $20M is avg fighter purse.

Honestly, I could care less what he makes, I'll stick to the other issues.

On to the issues. Why should Manny (a big star in his own right) have to follow a blue print set out by Mayweather? And I don't think $20M is avg fighter purse.

He doesn't have to follow it, hence the reason he doesn't. But if he were smart, he would want to follow it. Every boxer wants to follow it. Manny has been the only one of this era with enough star-power to actually do it successfully. Foolishly he didn't. Now his career is winding down and it's a little too late. But I'll tell you this, he'd be a damn fool to sign an extension with Arum without even at least entertaining a Floyd negotiation w/o Arum first.

The ultimate goal is to get rich as possible and retire. It's all about maximizing profit. Floyd has done it masterfully amd he's about to ride off into the sunset, after wrapping up a masterful career, still raking in residual income w/o ever lacing up a pair of gloves again. If Manny would have just followed the blueprint set forth by ODH, Mayweather, etc.. then he wouldn't be getting robbed blind every time he fights. And I think you and I both know Manny doesn't sniff $20M when it's all said and done!! Be real.

One thing you don't understand. Manny makes money outside of boxing. Plus, let's not act as if Manny isn't set for life. Mayweather on the otherhand, I can definitely see him being a hard luck story years after the $ stop rolling in.

One thing you don't understand. Manny makes money outside of boxing. Plus, let's not act as if Manny isn't set for life. Mayweather on the otherhand, I can definitely see him being a hard luck story years after the $ stop rolling in.

Mayweather is spending his money the way he wants to spend his money **** its his, if burns it up then **** he burned it up. Pac is not even seeing most of his money, Arum and company is taking advantage of the guy.

not sure this is true.

http://www.boxinginsider.com/headlines/manny-pacquiao-hires-vision-quest-to-handle-boxing-contracts/

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10813.html

Pacquiao has endorsement deals and has a future outside of boxing. Does Floyd? Regardless of what you all think Top Rank is taking from Paq, he's doing pretty damn good.

Again, I could care less what these guys make and how they spend their money.

Edited by DM72

Pacquiao has endorsement deals. Does Floyd?

Floyd made at least 50 million last year, why would he care about endorsements?

Again, I could care less what these guys make and how they spend their money.

you do. you said Manny is set for life while Floyd will be broke in a few years.

and I did not forget the Manny tax stuff too.

Edited by JoeWolf990

Pacquiao has endorsement deals. Does Floyd?

This is the point you're missing:

When Pacquiao's 20mil fight purse is announced, you already know he will barely get half of that. Sad but true.

But when Floyd's 30-40+mil fight purse is announced, you know that the announced figure is barely half of the total he will get. That's the reality of the situation.

I will say it again, the blueprint was def there in black & white, yet Pacquiao chooses to be so "loyal" to people who are raping him raw w/no lube.

Floyd made at least 50 million last year, why would he care about endorsements?

you do. you said Manny is set for life while Floyd will be broke in a few years.

and I did not forget the Manny tax stuff too.

I never once said he would be broke in a few years. That's what you wanted to hear. I said I can see him being a hard luck story after the $ stop rolling in. You think I'm the first person to make that observation. Everything you see Floyd flaunts is depreciating. Even his old buddy 50 said that he is making no money outside of boxing. And he gambles.

I don't wish bad on anyone, but it is what it is. 

I never once said he would be broke in a few years. That's what you wanted to hear. I said I can see him being a hard luck story after the $ stop rolling in. You think I'm the first person to make that observation. Everything you see Floyd flaunts is depreciating. Even his old buddy 50 said that he is making no money outside of boxing. And he gambles.

I don't wish bad on anyone, but it is what it is.

Floyd has a deal w/Monster doing Beats Headphones. He owns properties in several different states. He's heavy into Real Estate. Has his own clotjing line. Plus has an up & coming promo company. Not to mention things he's getting kick back from that he fronted money for such as record labels & fashion boutiques. To think someone as business minded as Floyd would actually allow himslf to go broke is crazy

Edited by T-REX1240

This is the point you're missing:

When Pacquiao's 20mil fight purse is announced, you already know he will barely get half of that. Sad but true.

But when Floyd's 30-40+mil fight purse is announced, you know that the announced figure is barely half of the total he will get. That's the reality of the situation.

I will say it again, the blueprint was def there in black & white, yet Pacquiao chooses to be so "loyal" to people who are raping him raw w/no lube.

What, Floyd don't pay taxes?

What, Floyd don't pay taxes?

Of course he does but that still doesn't change the facts. He damn near doubles his guaranteed purse with $$ coming on the back end while Manny doesn't even see his guaranteed purse & that has nothing to do w/taxes. Taxes is an understood fee. Now Bob Arum's "fees" are what's in question.

Edited by T-REX1240

Of course he does but that still doesn't change the facts. He damn near doubles his guaranteed purse with $$ coming on the back end while Manny doesn't even see his guaranteed purse & that has nothing to do w/taxes. Taxes is an understood fee. Now Bob Arum's "fees" are what's in question.

If Pacquiao's OK with Top Rank, why are you complaining? Heck, he's on the verge of signing an extension from what I hear.

Pacquiao/Bradley Numbers Are In. http://mma-boxing.si.com/2014/05/01/pacquiao-bradley-rematch-doesnt-break-one-million-in-pay-per-view-buys/

Definitely better than the Rios fight, but not exactly where they were a couple of years ago.

I never once said he would be broke in a few years. That's what you wanted to hear. I said I can see him being a hard luck story after the $ stop rolling in.

so then what exactly are you saying? Because to everyone else, this sounds like you are saying Floyd will be broke in a few years.

and 50 Cent needs to look at his decaying music career before he speaks on anyone else.

Distractions before a big fight are never good. Floyd posted to his FB medical info about his ex. Ms. Jackson's abortion of their twins. Definitely not a smart move on his part.  Some things should have remained private. I wonder how this affects the fight on Saturday. Both seem focused, but I guess we'll find out on Saturday, how much of a distraction this is.

More info at links below ***

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article16880.html

http://www.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2014-05-01/floyd-mayweather-facebook-abortion-ultrasound-photo

http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/01/floyd-mayweather-abortion-twins-break-up-shantel-jackson/

http://madamenoire.com/425323/floyd-mayweather-ex-fiancee-shantel-jackson-split-aborted-twins/

50 has made some smart investments. It's not just about buying cars and rolex's. Again, I could care less if he goes broke or not.

But I can't let that one comment go. I believe it was T-Rex who keeps talking about about some "blue print." Blue print? Are you kidding me? What other great fighter has had to follow a "blue print" to get the fright that EVERYONE has wanted to see for the past 4 years? Did Mayweather OR Paq have to follow a "blue print" to get a fight with Oscar? Were they given some ridiculous stipulations? Why is it that Pacquiao is the only fighter that has to follow some sort of blue print? Did Ali, Frazier, Forman, Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and Duran have to follow some "blue print" to fight each other? But Pacquiao does when it comes to Mayweather? Whatever. Bob Arum isn't the reason this fight hasn't happened. Bob Arum and Don King literally HATED each other but they still put on cards together. But for some reason he can't put on a fight with Mayweather? Now we're hearing that Oscar and Arum have had talks about a Paq/Canalo fight. If that happens, that would prove that May/Schaefer is full of ****.

Now I'm not by any means saying that Arum has absolutely no blame. But guys, it's so painfully obvious that Mayweather truly doesn't want this fight.  

Distractions before a big fight are never good. Floyd posted to his FB medical info about his ex. Ms. Jackson's abortion of their twins. Definitely not a smart move on his part.  Some things should have remained private. I wonder how this affects the fight on Saturday. Both seem focused, but I guess we'll find out on Saturday, how much of a distraction this is.

http://www.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2014-05-01/floyd-mayweather-facebook-abortion-ultrasound-photo

http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/01/floyd-mayweather-abortion-twins-break-up-shantel-jackson/

http://madamenoire.com/425323/floyd-mayweather-ex-fiancee-shantel-jackson-split-aborted-twins/

I had heard about that. Floyd is very interesting. Believe it or not, I actually agree with some of what he has said, and to some degree, relate. But then he says and do some stupid **** that just makes me shake my head. He better hope he doesn't get his ass sued for this.

A lawsuit is definitely coming. You can't disclose medical information without the person's consent. And he did it out of spite. She's already been paid, but now, the question is how much will she take from him now?

• Like 1

But I can't let that one comment go. I believe it was T-Rex who keeps talking about about some "blue print." Blue print? Are you kidding me? What other great fighter has had to follow a "blue print" to get the fright that EVERYONE has wanted to see for the past 4 years? Did Mayweather OR Paq have to follow a "blue print" to get a fight with Oscar? Were they given some ridiculous stipulations? Why is it that Pacquiao is the only fighter that has to follow some sort of blue print? Did Ali, Frazier, Forman, Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and Duran have to follow some "blue print" to fight each other? But Pacquiao does when it comes to Mayweather? Whatever. Bob Arum isn't the reason this fight hasn't happened. Bob Arum and Don King literally HATED each other but they still put on cards together. But for some reason he can't put on a fight with Mayweather? Now we're hearing that Oscar and Arum have had talks about a Paq/Canalo fight. If that happens, that would prove that May/Schaefer is full of ****.

Now I'm not by any means saying that Arum has absolutely no blame. But guys, it's so painfully obvious that Mayweather truly doesn't want this fight.  

Never once have I said there was a blue print to make a fight. I said there is a blue print to maximize your profits as a fighter and have financial success. 

Big fan of Floyd the fighter. But decisions like these are the reason i'm not a big fan of his outside the ring.