Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Its not overblown. He's clearly on his way down, thats what happens when you age. He's clearly not as fast nor does he possess the power he once had. Manny is still the 2nd or 3rd best fighter on the planet, but he just does it in a different way. In my eyes, "on the way down" simply means he's no longer at his best. Manny at his best would have finished Bradley twice & Rios.

Exactly. You can't call yourself objective and not see a definite difference in the Manny of 2014 and the Manny of 2008.  He is not as fast. and takes way more abuse from opposing fighters than he did in his prime.  When you are an elite fighter, you are still going to beat most guys even when you are over the hill, but things like the JMM fight happen.  Bradley was landing a lot of good shots early in this fight and then decided to stop boxing.  The Manny of 2008 likely doesn't take half of those shots with his footwork of old.

• Like 1

Not gonna happen. Better chance of seeing Floyd-Manny first. Marquez knows in his heart he was losing that fight. He wants to retire with that feeling of the knockout and won't trade that feeling for any amount Arum can throw at him.

if not him, then who? A 3rd fight with Bradley? Thats a harder sell when public believes Pac is 2-0 against Bradley. Pac & Provodnikov probably won't fight since they're both trained by Roach. Maybe if Sergio beats Cotto, they can convince him to drain himself to 150.

Pac's mom put a hex on Bradley that took his energy:

848240702.gif?1397364587

For argument's sake, I'll just point out, if Mayweather had those same openings on Pac that Bradley did, Pac would have been on his back by the 4th round.   B)

LOL...Had to bring up Floyd. Just couldn't let Pacquiao have his night. Anyway, when does Floyd ever put anyone on their back?

Not gonna happen. Better chance of seeing Floyd-Manny first. Marquez knows in his heart he was losing that fight. He wants to retire with that feeling of the knockout and won't trade that feeling for any amount Arum can throw at him.

I'm not sure JMM gets past Alvarado. I thought he looked old against Bradley.

if not him, then who? A 3rd fight with Bradley? Thats a harder sell when public believes Pac is 2-0 against Bradley. Pac & Provodnikov probably won't fight since they're both trained by Roach. Maybe if Sergio beats Cotto, they can convince him to drain himself to 150.

If Cotto wins, you can count that out bcuz he's not gonna drain himself again. Sergio is too old to be trying to drain himself for the biggest challenge of his career (unless he wants to cash out for retirement). JMM & Provod are def out. So if Arum can't force a rubber match between Paq and Bradley then expect to see Paq vs Alvarado is Nov.

Pac's mom put a hex on Bradley that took his energy:

848240702.gif?1397364587

When they showed that on the live broadcast I was almost in tears laughing

Lol...Some of you are sooooo pissed that Pac dominated Bradley. Why didn't ya boy Floyd fight Alverez at 154? You can sit there and critisize Pacquiao all you want, but Floyd is about to charge everyone $70 for a glorified sparring session May 3. But since it's Floyd, it doesn't matter because, "he's getting paid." Lol.

Didn't see the fight, Bradley is a tuff mofo so beating him I got to give it to Pacman. Question though reading on the fight why would a guy with 6 knockouts main gameplay is to push for the knockout with one punch haymakers? PAC got caught yes by JMM but the Pacman is known for having a solid chin.

When they showed that on the live broadcast I was almost in tears laughing

Crazy and scary at the same damn time, I saw one where she was talking to her device or picture or whatever that was and did some finger thing so fast at a split of a second. WTF is up with that

Didn't see the fight, Bradley is a tuff mofo so beating him I got to give it to Pacman. Question though reading on the fight why would a guy with 6 knockouts main gameplay is to push for the knockout with one punch haymakers? PAC got caught yes by JMM but the Pacman is known for having a solid chin.

Probably the same reason why he allowed Provodnikov to nearly end his career. Bradley allows outside critics to influence him while he's in the ring. He felt he had a point to prove so he was hell-bent on doing just that. Very, very foolish; especially against an opponent of Manny's caliber.

Edited by T-REX1240

Dude got caught up into what JMM did to Pac and he wanted to leave no doubt that he is better than Pac.

• Like 1

Probably the same reasons Manny didn't fight ODH, Cotto, or Marg @54

Fair enough. But do you really believe Pacquiao wouldn't fight JMM again, giving the chance? Or is this just a shot at Pacquiao? As for Cotto, I see the samething happening as the first fight. Always thought Cotto was a bit overrated. Dude recently got dominated by Trout.

Now when Floyd gets done giving Maidana a boxing lesson, we'll if you name all the opponents he won't face like you just did for Pac.

Fair enough. But do you really believe Pacquiao wouldn't fight JMM again, giving the chance? Or is this just a shot at Pacquiao? As for Cotto, I see the samething happening as the first fight. Always thought Cotto was a bit overrated. Dude recently got dominated by Trout.

Now when Floyd gets done giving Maidana a boxing lesson, we'll if you name all the opponents he won't face like you just did for Pac.

A lot of times you take what ppl say out of context. You have a terrible habit of doing that bro.

I never said Paq wouldn't fight JMM. Paq would probably give a kidney for the opp to avenge that KO. What I said was JMM doesn't want to fight Paq again for a handful of reasons.

I can't really say for sure what would've happened between Cotto and Paq had the catchweight not been there. They were both at the top of their game back then. I won't go as far to say Cotto is overratted. He's a very skilled fighter. His game has taken hits from personal influences outside the ring and constant change-over in his corner. No consistency in the corner normally leads to no consistency in the ring. 

I didn't name opponents Pac won't face, more so who Arum won't match him with. I thought that was clear from the context but apparently not. We can go on and on about "who Floyd won't face" but I challenge you to, for just a couple secs, hop off the Paq train and give me ONE credible welterweight you actually feel like gives Floyd a good fight after he "gets done giving Maidana a boxing lesson"......

JMM looked old against Bradley, but Alvarado looked like a shot fighter against Provodnikov. Those 2 fights with Rios have hurt him bad. He probably has the pop to catch JMM with something, but JMM is still the better mover of the two.

You do realise that the winner of the JMM/Alvarado fight will probably fight Pacquiao next. JMM isn't stupid. He's not gonna leave one last big payday on the table.

As for Cotto, I always saw him.as a goog fighter, but not a great fighter. He's not really fast. He doesn't have great power and he can be hit, particularly by someone with fast hands.

And you know damn well that Mayweather/Maidana will be a clinic. Dude is simply too slow to catch Floyd with anything big. And the answer is Pacquiao.

And the answer is Pacquiao.

I guess u didn't get the part where I said aside from Manny. Clearly there are a lot of issues there on both sides of the net as to why these two have yet to square off. What I am asking you is to name me one WW opponent who you would actually want to pay money to see face Floyd in Sept because it will actually be a competetive fight. Just give me one single WW fighter who is competition for Mayweather..

You do realise that the winner of the JMM/Alvarado fight will probably fight Pacquiao next. JMM isn't stupid. He's not gonna leave one last big payday on the table.

As for Cotto, I always saw him.as a goog fighter, but not a great fighter. He's not really fast. He doesn't have great power and he can be hit, particularly by someone with fast hands.

And you know damn well that Mayweather/Maidana will be a clinic. Dude is simply too slow to catch Floyd with anything big. And the answer is Pacquiao.

Cotto had tremendous power when he was fighting at 140 and even the beginning stages of 147. It was one of his trademarks, power punches to the body. Its not unusual for a man to lose power as he moves up weight. If you don't think Cotto was a great fighter, your standards for greatness are a little high. I was never a Cotto fan, but I recognize his greatness.

Cotto had tremendous power when he was fighting at 140 and even the beginning stages of 147. It was one of his trademarks, power punches to the body. Its not unusual for a man to lose power as he moves up weight. If you don't think Cotto was a great fighter, your standards for greatness are a little high. I was never a Cotto fan, but I recognize his greatness.

Cotto was more of a volume power puncher IMO. When I think greatness, I'm talking about the best of the best. He's a notch below Pacquiao and Mayweather. Go back in history, do you think Cotto could beat any all-time greats in their primes?

I guess u didn't get the part where I said aside from Manny. Clearly there are a lot of issues there on both sides of the net as to why these two have yet to square off. What I am asking you is to name me one WW opponent who you would actually want to pay money to see face Floyd in Sept because it will actually be a competetive fight. Just give me one single WW fighter who is competition for Mayweather..

You didn't say, "aside from Pacquiao." You said, "hop off the Pac train."

LOL...Had to bring up Floyd. Just couldn't let Pacquiao have his night. Anyway, when does Floyd ever put anyone on their back?

Haha. If I thought Pac read these forums I would have not brought up Floyd.

All I was saying is that watching the fight, when Bradley was actually boxing when the fight began, before it turned into a haymaker & pray gameplan in the 5th/6th & beyond, he actually looked pretty decent, and was landing solid shots on Pac.  Shots I don't think Pac necessarily gets hit with in 2008.  Now we can argue about Mayweather's power, but I don't think it is worth arguing over whether or not his power is a lot better than Bradley's.

You didn't say, "aside from Pacquiao." You said, "hop off the Pac train."

Okay my bad, next time I'll try to pick my words more carefully. But ummmm since you seem to criticize Floyd's opponent selection process, please play matchmaker here. 'DM72 Promotions'   you have the floor my friend...

Haha. If I thought Pac read these forums I would have not brought up Floyd.

All I was saying is that watching the fight, when Bradley was actually boxing when the fight began, before it turned into a haymaker & pray gameplan in the 5th/6th & beyond, he actually looked pretty decent, and was landing solid shots on Pac.  Shots I don't think Pac necessarily gets hit with in 2008.  Now we can argue about Mayweather's power, but I don't think it is worth arguing over whether or not his power is a lot better than Bradley's.

Maybe Pacquiao isn't as elusive as he once was, but Pacquiao was never a defensive wizard. He always got hit.

• Like 1

Okay my bad, next time I'll try to pick my words more carefully. But ummmm since you seem to criticize Floyd's opponent selection process, please play matchmaker here. 'DM72 Promotions'   you have the floor my friend...

At 147, I would rather see him fight Thurman than Maidana OR Khan. Hell, doesn't Floyd hold a belt at 154? I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Erislandy Lara.