Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is the best (1-7 rd)MOCK I have seen on the web!(with extras too!)

michael_33

This is the worst mock ever. A DT in the first round? That's one of the few positions where we have some quality depth. On top of that, we draft two safeties over a single linebacker? We have some serious depth concerns at LB considering Godfrey is probably going to go back into retirement, Rocky is injured, and MW's contract gets completely out of control next season. Moreover, our DE rotation is left exactly the same with Daniels becoming more expensive and a year older. Also, I'm almost 100% sure we keep our fifth round pick this year because Kendall got a lot of playing time (becomes a 2009 4th rounder).

Like the fact that they have us choosing a guard in round 2.

But a Dtackle in round 1 is silly.

We got Golston, Monty, Grif and Alexander alone.

add Bocshetti (sp) and we got a solid core DT group.

We could use:

DE, OG, CB (Rogers is a ?? in 2008 and Macklin will be gone), S, WR, OL, OLB

in that order IMO.

after 1st round is comletely irrelevant to predict... no way is any pick proejcted after round 1...

Redskins may go after DE, do we really need a DT unless they are Warren Sapp like???

I didnt do too bad last year with my seven round mock. Granted, even though I put names in, I looked at the position that I put and what actually got drafted to calculate my hit percentage.

Had a 72% accuracy, which aint bad, in my opinon. Skins blew me away by taking Jordan Palmer and HB Blades. I had us taking a TE in the seventh and an LB in the fifth (actually had us takign Blades there :D) but I had us doing OG and a C in the sixth.

thats one of the 'best mock drafts'???

its a horrible draft. we dont draft a DT in the first round. we have monty and golston already if we do cut griff. first rounders are starting material, we dont need a starter at DT. and we dont go for 2 safeties and a TE. thats absurd.

2 safeties is retarded. And we don't need a TE. Much of what will happen depends on what we pick up in FA. I'm hoping we either manage to pick up Jared Allen, Alan Faneca or the CB from Oakland. A DT in round one seems a bit out of place seeing how our depth is at that spot at the moment with Monty, Griff, Golston, and Alexander. No way is Calais Campbell going that high unless he has a monster combine. He is an impressive physical specimen but had a pretty mediocre year. Gholston isn't there but even so...unless he has a bad combine he is going before we pick probably. They also didn't include Malcolm Kelly in the WR class, who may very well declare. I wouldn't be upset if we picked him or Adarius Bowman up in the 1st unless Sweed really slips to the 2nd and we can get him there. Kelly is a beast and has amazing hands. So do the other two but their stock has dropped since they have been injured a bit. First round I say DE or WR. I think a big playmaking WR is something we could really use. After that I say go O line and D line mainly with perhaps a CB in a later round or another project QB.

EDIT: IF Vernon Gholston happened to be there we'd be nuts to pass on him. The guy is a pure animal. I watched their game vs Michigan and he completely owned Jake Long at least a few times and at 6-4 264 he has good size to be an every down DE.

2 safeties is retarded. And we don't need a TE. Much of what will happen depends on what we pick up in FA. I'm hoping we either manage to pick up Jared Allen, Alan Faneca or the CB from Oakland. A DT in round one seems a bit out of place seeing how our depth is at that spot at the moment with Monty, Griff, Golston, and Alexander. No way is Calais Campbell going that high unless he has a monster combine. He is an impressive physical specimen but had a pretty mediocre year. Gholston isn't there but even so...unless he has a bad combine he is going before we pick probably. They also didn't include Malcolm Kelly in the WR class, who may very well declare. I wouldn't be upset if we picked him or Adarius Bowman up in the 1st unless Sweed really slips to the 2nd and we can get him there. Kelly is a beast and has amazing hands. So do the other two but their stock has dropped since they have been injured a bit. First round I say DE or WR. I think a big playmaking WR is something we could really use. After that I say go O line and D line mainly with perhaps a CB in a later round or another project QB.

EDIT: IF Vernon Gholston happened to be there we'd be nuts to pass on him. The guy is a pure animal. I watched their game vs Michigan and he completely owned Jake Long at least a few times and at 6-4 264 he has good size to be an every down DE.

we are going to be 25 million over the cap, we will be lucky to keep the majority of our current starters, let alone get impact players in free agency like jared allen

we are going to be 25 million over the cap, we will be lucky to keep the majority of our current starters, let alone get impact players in free agency like jared allen

Come on, you know we hear the "cap hell" thing every year but yet we still manage to either get big FAs or pay a high draft pick (Landry). The exact same stuff was said last year and the year before. Since we'll be picking later in the draft we can probably find a way to get an impact FA.

Ok last year someone wrote up an EXCELLENT Piece on WHY the skins should draft LaRon Landry in the 1st round. I was convinced. Everyone argued about how we should have taken a DE but look at what Carter has accomplished. Anyways, I am hoping to see someone write up something after the super bowl :)

This isn't exactly a long piece, but I think that DE does need to be addressed. Daniels is near the end of his career and Evans is a decent backup, but still just a backup. Chris Wilson has shown flashes but he is the size of a linebacker (240) and is mostly just useful on passing downs. A guy like Gholston who is 6-4 264 is someone who is more capable of being an every down DE who can do serious damage in the backfield as well as stop the run which is what we need. If not a DE I'd like a big bodied, talented WR. There aren't any Calvin Johnsons in this class but there is definitely talent. That means we can pick up a potentially great WR at our draft spot without breaking the bank. Malcolm Kelly, Adarius Bowman, Limas Sweed, James Hardy. All big, strong WRs which we could really use, IMO. A couple of those guys we might even be able to pick up in the 2nd round, depending on their combines. Again, I think a lot of it depends on the moves we make in FA.

Archived