Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is the best (1-7 rd)MOCK I have seen on the web!(with extras too!)

michael_33

Where the Hec did you get that garbage draft from?

1st of all you don't have 2 of the best college WR's = Malcom Kelly 6'4 220 Oklahoma, James Hardy 6'7 225 Indiana, 2nd you don't have the 2nd best CB in college = Talib 6'2 205 Kansas whose right behind Malcom Jenkins OSU., and 3rd of all you don't have the 2nd best OL behind Long Michigan and thats Loadholt 6'8 350 Oklahoma. you should research better before you post.

i've noticed a lot of mock drafts have us going after Derrick Harvey in the 1st round. He's the DE out of FLorida

Though my mock isn't done yet, I have us taking a WR - I'm stuck b/w Hardy and Sweed - in the first round, but moving down to get him. I got us taking a DE in the second...and potentially Marcus Monk in the 5th but I think that's a luxury pick...

I'm really hoping I'll be done by the end of the week with at least what position each team should draft where.

The sexy positions often take time to develop? Are redskins fan that patient to wait?

Sometimes WRs take time sometimes not. It is hard to say. Anquan Boldin was a 2nd round pick and lit it up his 1st year. Dwayne Bowe was a late 1st round pick and he has done just as much as Calvin Johnson this year. No way to tell. However, there is also no promise that an "unsexy" pick is going to do anything either.

Sometimes WRs take time sometimes not. It is hard to say. Anquan Boldin was a 2nd round pick and lit it up his 1st year. Dwayne Bowe was a late 1st round pick and he has done just as much as Calvin Johnson this year. No way to tell. However, there is also no promise that an "unsexy" pick is going to do anything either.

YEP. I think if the best availabe DE we have at 21 (or 32...well I guess 31 since the Pats wont pick) is Calais Campbell, we're better off taking a DE in the second or third round.

There aren't that many instant producers at the DE position this year, Campbell will take time to develop. At that point, you might as well just take the best player on your board or trade down to get Campbell. Larry Allen and Osi Umenyiora were third and second round picks respectively.

Where the Hec did you get that garbage draft from?

1st of all you don't have 2 of the best college WR's = Malcom Kelly 6'4 220 Oklahoma, James Hardy 6'7 225 Indiana, 2nd you don't have the 2nd best CB in college = Talib 6'2 205 Kansas whose right behind Malcom Jenkins OSU., and 3rd of all you don't have the 2nd best OL behind Long Michigan and thats Loadholt 6'8 350 Oklahoma. you should research better before you post.

I agree with Kelly and Hardy but I think that Loadholt being the #2 OL is a bit of a stretch. He is good but is going to have to lose a bit of weight to be agile enough to handle speed rushers and pulling in the NFL.

YEP. I think if the best availabe DE we have at 21 (or 32...well I guess 31 since the Pats wont pick) is Calais Campbell, we're better off taking a DE in the second or third round.

There aren't that many instant producers at the DE position this year, Campbell will take time to develop. At that point, you might as well just take the best player on your board or trade down to get Campbell. Larry Allen and Osi Umenyiora were third and second round picks respectively.

I agree about Campbell. I think the only two who will be instant producers are Chris Long and Vernon Gholston...both of which will probably be out of our reach. If so I'd rather take the best player we can at our position. Like I said, I'm sort of partial to Kelly, Bowman, Hardy, or Sweed as a big bodied WR but it all depends on what is there.

I can see us drafting a dlineman cause you can never have to many dlineman but 2 safeties!!!! I would draft a O-lineman and possibly a safety then a linebacker or a another D-lineman. You need to win the war in the trenches and lineman are hard to come by.

So does this mean we don't have a 4th AND a 5th rounder? I thought we only parted w/one pick last year? Fill me in somebody...

I believe this mock is incorrect. We lost our 4th this year for the Super Smart Ducket Trade but as for the Kendall trade we lose a 5th this year if he plays less than 80% of the snaps on the season and a 4th next year if he doesn't. It certainly seems he has, so we will miss our 4th this year, have our 5th and lose our 4th next year.

If Dallas lands McFadden we are really screwed. I think we're a bit screwed either way cause they already have two picks in the first round thanks to that deal w/Cleveland.

McFadden is good, that doesn't mean he's unstoppable.

EDIT: It's hard for dallas to trade up, they'd have to add either quite a few draft picks or a player or two to make up the point difference.

McFadden is good, that doesn't mean he's unstoppable.

EDIT: It's hard for dallas to trade up, they'd have to add either quite a few draft picks or a player or two to make up the point difference.

Dallas also does have other needs. I know it sounds odd but WR is one. None of their guys are getting any younger. That being said, I've read that Jerry Jones has something of a chubby for McFadden so who knows what he would be willing to do. That being said, McFadden won't be unstoppable but I'm willing to bet that behind a decent O line, like the Cowboys, he would be a force pretty much right off the bat.

EDIT: You're right though; Dallas most likely won't have much of a bargaining chip in their 1st rounder this year since they'll probably end up being close to bottom so they'd have to give up a 1st and maybe even a 2nd also next year to move up far enough to draft him.

Dallas also does have other needs. I know it sounds odd but WR is one. None of their guys are getting any younger. That being said, I've read that Jerry Jones has something of a chubby for McFadden so who knows what he would be willing to do. That being said, McFadden won't be unstoppable but I'm willing to bet that behind a decent O line, like the Cowboys, he would be a force pretty much right off the bat.

EDIT: You're right though; Dallas most likely won't have much of a bargaining chip in their 1st rounder this year since they'll probably end up being close to bottom so they'd have to give up a 1st and maybe even a 2nd also next year to move up far enough to draft him.

Look at how we did against the Vikes...that is all i gotta say...

no way we draft a 177lb weakling at safety. Williams likes punishers in his defensive secondary. Springs & Rogers are 200lbs if not more. ST was a mammoth @ ~230lbs. Landry was about the smallest safety I can see GW taking high in the draft. Doughty is 210.

I think this guy did a half-assed job (I would too if I had to put a list like that together for every round).

Archived