Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How random former Redskins did on other teams this year

ratbert_rizzo

Recognized Players

Derrick Dockery Started all 16 games for the Bills.

David Patten 54 catches 792 yards and 3 TDs for the Saints.

T.J. Duckett 65 carries for 335 yards and 3 TDs for the Lions. Thats 5.2 yards per carry.

Christian Fauria 15 games for the Panthers with 5 catches for 39 yards including 2 TDs.

Renaldo Wynn 12 tackles and 3.5 sacks for the Saints.

Ade Jimoh Had 2 tackles in 6 games for the Bears before going on the IR.

Adam Archuleta 54 tackles, 2 sacks and 1 INT for the Bears.

Lemar Marshall 8 tackles and 1 sack for the Bengals before going on the IR.

Ryan Clark 22 tackles and 1 sack for the Steelers before going on IR.

Robert Royal 25 catches for 248 yards and 3 TDs for the Bills.

Patrick Ramsey 29 of 48 262 yards 1 TD 1 INT in 2 games for the Broncos.

Random Players

Chris Clemons 22 tackles and 8 sacks while playing in all 16 fames for the Raiders.

Cedric Killings 1 tackle for the Texans before going on the IR.

Dimitri Patterson 12 tackles for the Chiefs in 13 games.

Robert McCune 4 tackles in 2 games for the Ravens.

Kenny Wright 7 games 6 tackles for the Browns.

Zak Keasey 13 games, 7 tackles, 2 rushes for 4 yards for the 49ers.

Taylor Jacobs 3 catches 40 yards and a TD in 4 games with the 49ers. 6 games with no stats for the Broncos.

Ike Ndukwe On the Dolphins 53 man roster.

Mark Wilson On the Raiders 53 man roster.

Gibran Hamden On the Bills 53 man roster.

I find it odd that even if you add Kenny Watson and Sage Rosenfels to this list, that none of these players will actually play in a playoff game this year. The only one whose team is going is Ryan Clark and he only played 6 games before going on the I.R. So if you pick up a former Redskin such as Tim Hasselbeck then you probably aren't going to the playoffs. Unfortunately Jeremiah Trotter is on the Buccaneers but he is not a true Redskin by any means.

:laugh: 54 catches 792 yards and 3 TDs are about what his career averages are. Considering he was brought in to be the #2 WR and this is what he does this year, I'd say that he didn't show us enough talent to warrant being a Redskin. :helmet:

He has better numbers than our #2 receiver.

A couple things about this list...first off Laveranues Coles this year for the Jets had 646 yards and 6 td's...nothing special obviously moss turned out much better

Actually, Coles' and Moss' numbers have been fairly even since the trade:

3 year totals:

Coles - 43 G 219 Rec 2589 Yds 17 TDs

Moss - 44 G 200 Rec 3081 Yds 18 TDs

Those players didn't fit in to this system but did in the place they played. only Dockery and Clark were worth keeping in my opinion because they were very good at their positions. But if we kept them would we have Pete Kendall , Sean Taylor (RIP), or LaRon Landry? Possibly one or two of them but not all three. We did good at replacing those two quality players and also upgraded from those who we lost that weren't as good. Name someone on that list, other than the two I named, would be better than what we have on the roster now? The only one I can think of would be T.J. Duckett but how good is he? If he was that good then why isn't he starting for the Lions? Is he better than Mike Sellers? IMO, No. I can go down the list and tell you who we have on the roster that is better than that player. I wish those players well but they are on other teams for a reason.

A couple things about this list...first off Laveranues Coles this year for the Jets had 646 yards and 6 td's...nothing special obviously moss turned out much better 2nd off what about lavar arrington, Desmond Howard or Heath Shuler... oh wait thats right... keep them away

That's Congressman Shuler to you, he's been back in DC for a year now... :rolleyes:

2nd off what about lavar arrington, Desmond Howard or Heath Shuler... oh wait thats right... keep them away

What's the point of these three names? Is it simply to mention three Redskins over the past 15 years who turned out to be irrelevent players (except for the whole SB MVP thing) once they left the Redskins?

I don't think the thread starter necessarily intended to suggest that the Skins made mistakes on these guys, either. It was really just an offering of a few guys seasons, which may or may not be interesting to some readers.

You are right, I just put as many current players who were former Redskins in the past 3 years I believe on the list. Whether I like them, dislike them, or don't care about them there they are. I'm not judging these players but I must say that the only players on the list who had a good year were David Patten who just happened to be crippled while we had him, Derrick Dockery who is a solid starting O-lineman but still over payed, and Chris Clemons who I assume was hurt last year or something because he was not in the NFL. Other than that most of these players are pretty disposable.

Well Walt Harris did somehow go to the Pro Bowl last year I think it was and tie for the NFL lead in picks. I'm not sure there was any reason to think he was capable of doing that or that he will ever get close to it again.

• 1 month later...

So Chris Clemons, the man who got beaten out by Warrick Holdman gets a 5 year deal worth $18.5 mil from the Eagles. Well good for him, he is only 26 years old. He got 8 sacks while only being on the field for 37% of the Raiders defensive snaps last year. That is quite impressive but since I didn't actually see him play it could be a scheme thing.

David Patten getting a 2 year deal to stay with New Orleans. Also a smart man as Drew Brees makes him look pretty good even if he is quite ordinary even when healthy.

I also heard T.J. Duckett was close to a deal with the Seahawks to be their short yardage back. Wasn't it about 2 years ago when Shaun Alexander was breaking TD records doing the short yardage thing? How fast running backs decline, it is quite amazing.

You are right, I just put as many current players who were former Redskins in the past 3 years I believe on the list. Whether I like them, dislike them, or don't care about them there they are. I'm not judging these players but I must say that the only players on the list who had a good year were David Patten who just happened to be crippled while we had him, Derrick Dockery who is a solid starting O-lineman but still over payed, and Chris Clemons who I assume was hurt last year or something because he was not in the NFL. Other than that most of these players are pretty disposable.

Well Walt Harris did somehow go to the Pro Bowl last year I think it was and tie for the NFL lead in picks. I'm not sure there was any reason to think he was capable of doing that or that he will ever get close to it again.

Uhhhh...yes he was?

Lemar Marshall 8 tackles and 1 sack for the Bengals before going on the IR.

Ryan Clark 22 tackles and 1 sack for the Steelers before going on IR.

Robert Royal 25 catches for 248 yards and 3 TDs for the Bills.

Also, don't forget about Sage Rosenfels; he is 154 of 240 (64.2%) for 1684 yards, 15 TDs and 12 INTs for the Texans.
These are the only players I was disappointed to see leave.

Marshall was a value due to versatility, Clark and Royal had proven very effective and Sage was a throw-away 4th round pick due to the way we tossed him. He would have been a great backup over the years.

Ryan Clark is the only one that was a collossal mistake, not only because we could have used him, but because we replaced him with Archuleta at a much heftier price tag.

Patten is playing well for the Saints, and I'm happy for him. But with the constant injuries he had here, it was time for both the team and players to move on. You really can't blame the Skins for pulling the plug on that experiment. You'd have to be a clairvoyant to predict that he would suddenly stop getting hurt.

I guess you could say letting Clemons go was a mistake, but I doubt we'd have kept him around for the money Philly just threw at him.

let me just say that Patten isn't an ordinary receiver. He plays well when healthy and helped contribute to all 3 super bowl rings he won with the Pats. The redskins let him go to soon and brought in a sorry player in lloyd who's head was never in the game. I think Drew Brees and the saints offense being pass oriented may have helped, but he is a great receiver when healthy. He is also a class guy and when you drop a guy like that for BLoydd who wants to rap and is all about himself that is where the mistake was made. They had a quality player they just let him go.

Archived