Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How random former Redskins did on other teams this year

ratbert_rizzo

let me just say that Patten isn't an ordinary receiver. He plays well when healthy and helped contribute to all 3 super bowl rings he won with the Pats. The redskins let him go to soon and brought in a sorry player in lloyd who's head was never in the game. I think Drew Brees and the saints offense being pass oriented may have helped, but he is a great receiver when healthy. He is also a class guy and when you drop a guy like that for BLoydd who wants to rap and is all about himself that is where the mistake was made. They had a quality player they just let him go.

You'll get no argument from anyone on your point that signing Lloyd was a disastrous mistake.

But to say we gave up on Patten too soon is insane. When a backup receiver can only get on the field for 9 games and then 5 games over the course of two years because of injuries, teams move on. That's pretty much how the league works. It's great for him that he's resurrecting his career, but I don't think the Skins handled the situation any differently than 30 other teams would have handled it.

I agree and felt the same at the time that he was never on the feild. I know the first year they put him on IR but he he was ready to play right before they made the playoffs and would have been available in the playoffs but once you put a player on IR that is it.

I'm shocked that Taylor Jacobs and former NFL Europe MVP Gibran Hamden are actually on rosters. The latter is a big snub to my boy Casey Bramlet to be added to the fact that the losing QB of that last championship is on a roster. Oddly enough, speaking of NFLE greats, Hamburg's 2006 QB Brock Berlin, with his 3-6-1 record as an NFLE starter actually started a game for the Rams this year.

Casey Bramlet actually was on Miami's 53 man roster for the last couple of games. He signed a two year contract with them about two days after Parcells took the job. Hopefully he can get a chance down there.

• 3 months later...

Archived