Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

90% Chance of Rain Sunday(merged x a lot)

JDSkins47

Here's the latest aerial shot of the stadium. As you can see it looks to be retractable, but in fact it's not. It does rain alot here, as you can see water on the field here. It is also known to be full of sh** by gametime.

bluedyeinbowl.jpg

:laugh: :cheers: :dallasuck :gaintsuck

They have rain almost every day, however it doesn't last long. The DC area gets more rain on an annual basis then Seattle and Alaska gets four times as much rain then Seattle. Hence, the rain card is over played in Seattle.

They have rain almost every day, however it doesn't last long. The DC area gets more rain on an annual basis then Seattle and Alaska gets four times as much rain then Seattle. Hence, the rain card is over played in Seattle.

(Shshshshsh!!! We're trying to keep the Californians out!)

Only because they have like 2 months were it doesn't rain at all.

Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb their avg rain fall is more then twice the amount in DC.

(Source -Weather.com)

You know what's funny is that before I moved a friend I had there told me about that whole rain stereotype being overblown.

As soon as we had completed the move to Seattle, all it did for like 2 weeks was rain (this was in August, which is typically quite dry and was basically every year but the one I moved.)

I actually REALLY love the rain and especially the rain of the Northwest:

1) The rain is usually a drizzle and never stops you from doing too much. In the winter it can be heavier and no, I don't like riding the bus a lot when it rains but if you have a car and can use it, it's not the worst thing in the world

2) No feeling in the world quite captures what it's like to be near a window when it's raining. The best is to feel 'cocooned' in your car as the rain hits. Or reading a book while the rain hits the window pane of your apartment/house.

3) No thunder and lightning or very rarely. This means you can be outside in the weather with no fear of getting hit by lightning or of your power going out. Living in the Upper Midwest as I do, I can say the summer weather can be terrifying. Lightning, intense winds, thunder the occasional tornado alert (though they don't hit here in IC much other than last year lol)

It's funny about hearing my whole life about all the rain in Seattle...

I went there on business a few years ago for 2 weeks.... it was clear and sunny (70F) the whole 2 weeks (I got sun burn walking around...).

Nobody believed me when I got back that I had been to Seattle... :)

Actually that was my first thought but after further review.....They practice in a bubble. :doh:

Pansies!

I think that is one of the things that benefits this team late in this season. Our boys practice outside in rain, sleet, snow, whatever.... we are used to the elements.

Archived