Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Is 8-1 Lifetime Against the Vikes

method man

I hope everyone realizes that we are going against the number 1 rush defense in the league, with a backup QB, and a patchwork O-line. Also, they have A. Peterson, who is tearing opponents a new ******* as a rookie. 8-1 all-time means **** right now. Let's hope for a victory.

Different time and different channel. The Vikings probably should have lost that game too if John Hall didn't miss those field goals. The got lucky in my opinion and they are not even near as good this year. They have benefitted from a terrible schedule. They are not battletested like we are. We have played almost all the top teams in the NFL and they have played some good teams, but we have also had the most hardship that any team can endure. They are in a world of hurt if you ask me.

Different time and different channel. The Vikings probably should have lost that game too if John Hall didn't miss those field goals. The got lucky in my opinion and they are not even near as good this year. They have benefitted from a terrible schedule. They are not battletested like we are. We have played almost all the top teams in the NFL and they have played some good teams, but we have also had the most hardship that any team can endure. They are in a world of hurt if you ask me.

C'mon now, I think it will be a good game, but let's stay real here. The vikings are much better this year with a better D and the addition of AD. Plus, the game will be in the metrodome instead of outside in DC. The Skins best chance is a lot of Jackson picks, which could happen. I imagine however that if Childress is any good he will see the tape of Jacobs running wild last week and run the ball until the Skins put 10 in the box. Then, he'll have Jackson throw the swing pass to the backs on 3rd. If Jackson heaves downfield I'll be surprised, unless of course the Skins learn to stop the run.

3-0 in the playoffs is what I heard Kevin Sheehan say on the Riggo show yesterday.

This bodes very well. Remember how we were undefeated against the Lions at home. I like the numbers here very well

The '87 NFC Title game. Brent Musberger yells-"They are waiving touchdown towels in DC!". Clark drops a TD, Williams overthrew a TD to him, then they later connected on a long pass that lead to the go-ahead TD.

Was a very memorable game, IMHO. Was my first weekend in New Orleans(moved from DFW), and ended up going to the Tulane U student center to watch it.

I hope everyone realizes that we are going against the number 1 rush defense in the league, with a backup QB, and a patchwork O-line. Also, they have A. Peterson, who is tearing opponents a new ******* as a rookie. 8-1 all-time means **** right now. Let's hope for a victory.

AP has not been as impressive the past 2 weeks and didn't get going until the 4th quarter against the Bears. The only reason he did was that the Bears D was out there all night because the Bears offense stunk. The Skins D will stop AP and force Jackson into throwing a bunch of ints.

i'm not taking away anthing agains their rush defense because i think it is good and i respect it; however, i don't think it is the be all end all of rush defenses. there is a reason their pass defense is one of the worst (not sure about the rankings after this week) but at the same time, i don't think their pass d is that bad. you have to remember that teams have been bailing on the run against these guys early in games and started throwing.

we can run the ball against these guys. in fact we are best suited to run against them. they are stout up the middle; yet we have fast enough oline men to run our stretch plays on them and a good enough back to hit the holes and slowly wear them down. the one thing gibbs has refussed to do this year is get away from the run, and you can be sure that he will stick with the run late in the second quarter and well into the third and fourth unlike other teams have done against them.

Come to think of it the Skins have been pretty sucessful against the Vikings with Gibbs. I still have the 44-38 overtime win on tape back in the day. Gary Clark won it in a thriller. I don't know if wnyone is old enough to remember. Jay Schroeder scrambled and reverse field. Well on that scramble Jeff Bostic layed out a Vikings d-lineman and you could hear all of RFK go EWWWWWW right in the middle of the play. Man what a game. It was back and forth all game.

I also have the NFC Championship game on tape when Gibbs got on his knees at the end when Darrell Green knocked the ball away from Darren Nelson.

Can't forget about Riggins taking a playoff bow against the Vikings either. What did he have 185 yds rushing?

I haven't seen many Vikings games this year but did watch some of last night's contest with the Bears. Boy, what an awful game :laugh:

Tavaris Jackson is an interception machine :)

If the Vikings throw 4 picks against the Redskins they won't win the game next week.

I like the matchup of Gregg Williams defense vs. Tavaris Jackson.

If Adrian Peterson is bottled up reasonably well and Jackson has to throw the ball to win, I think the Redskins are headed to 8-7 :)

That's a bit if though. My God Peterson is amazing. Teams have been trying to force Jackson to beat them all year and somehow Peterson keeps beating the 8-in-the-box defence anyhow.

I believe this team can do it. As long as Collins doesn't lose the game for us (we're forgetting that the Minny D is actually quite good) I believe that out defence has it in them to hold Peterson in check, at least reasonably.

Isn't Joe 0-1 this time around though?

Everyone is forgetting that we played the Vikes in '04, Gibbs first season back. We ruined their playoff hopes by beating them in our house when the game was all but "meaningless" for us. Has everyone forgotten how Randy Moss was so upset that he headed to the locker room before the game was over?

So, let's correct the stat, Gibbs v2 is 1-1 vs. the Vikes

AP has not been as impressive the past 2 weeks and didn't get going until the 4th quarter against the Bears. The only reason he did was that the Bears D was out there all night because the Bears offense stunk. The Skins D will stop AP and force Jackson into throwing a bunch of ints.

The Bears D held the Skins to 1.3 yrds a carry a couple weeks ago. They've been selling out on the run. The Skins run defense hasn't been good. Jacobs ran for 130 yrds on 25 carries against them. You know the Vikings are going to run left behind Hutchinson and McKinnie. Surprisingly they didn't do that much until the 4th qtr against the Bears. That side of Skins defense is still weak against the run.

Gibbs was 8-0 against the vikings before last season... didn't help us much last year

Good memory, some people forgot about the opening day loss to Brad Johnson and the vikings last year. Historical tats don't mean anything in at this moment, past victories aren't going to help us win.

Archived