Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2008 Pro Bowl Rosters,(merged)

method man

Oh well. Dallas will pay for this. Portis will run wild on Dallas D in 2 weeks by way of pass and ground. Let them have that B.S. pro bowl spot. Will just swipe them of homefield and get into the playoffs. This is actually good in a way. Portis will take it up another notch from his already very high level of play.

Portis can carry the Redskins on his back if need be. Barber can't. I would love to hear a cowboys fan tell me otherwise. If the dallas passing game gets shut down Barber does nothing. He wasn't effective when we played Dallas.

On top of that Portis is behind a makeshift line and Barber has been running behind a healthy line.

There is no comparison here. If the Redskins had Barber instead of Portis i would be ticked. He would run for 600 yards here and his YPC would probably be 3.0 not 4.9

Portis can carry the Redskins on his back if need be?

Don't you really mean, when the offensive line makes big holes, Portis can carry the Redskins with their help?

How exactly did Portis "carry the team" in the Chicago game?

We had 31 yards rushing in that game.

What has he "carried the team" to this season? 7-7.

didnt read through all six pages of this, so sorry if someone else posted it.

but i read the foxsports.net article about it and i really enjoyed the last two paragraphs.

FOXSports.com has learned that Washington players who violated the NFL's dress code by wearing commemorative Taylor clothing during the Buffalo game won't be fined. Several Redskins wore Taylor T-shirts under their jerseys, with running back Clinton Portis flashing his after scoring a touchdown. Others displayed Taylor's jersey number (21) inside their black eye strips.

The league didn't have the same sympathy toward Atlanta players who did the same to support Michael Vick on the day the Falcons quarterback was sentenced to 23 months in prison on dogfighting charges. Five Falcons were fined a combined total of $47,500 for their actions eight days ago during a loss to New Orleans.

heres a link for the full article, if you are interested.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7580326?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

This is why i hate the pro bowl. It's a popularity contest and no way is Barber better then Portis. I think someone mentioned it earlier but it will just motivate Portis even more. How many think this is a joke that Barber get's it over Portis. I am one vote, ridiculous.

There were many posts that said this same thing.......I just picked this one to quote. Dear lord.......we should have had more in the bowl.

I give my props to ROCK........2nd alternate. I recognize the skills that Hester has.......but I wish ROCK would have been 1st alternate.

Redskins fans are some of the biggest cry babies in the history of sports

We are a 7-7 team who has just won our second straight game for the first time in months yet we got one less player voted in than the packers who have only 2 loses...

What more do you want?

Of course minnesota will have that Manu linemen go they are the best at running and stopping the run ....

If barber had portis' amount of carries he would have waac better numbers..

Barber put up his good numbers in a pass first system with a probowl TE and WR....

Clinton is in a run first system and has almost the same numbers...

Its not the rest of the worlds fault that our line sucked so of course they didn't take that into consideration

With a 500 team you should be happy we have anyone going

You know what? Sellars getting snubbed for Richardson is the gayest gay thing any gay league has ever done.

I would be disappointed if Sellers were snubbed, but I don't care one bit, and you shouldn't either, that SellArs got snubbed. He's overrated, anyway. Too many people sing his praises on here, overlooking a real tough guy, Mike Sellers, on our team.

I would be disappointed if Sellers were snubbed, but I don't care one bit, and you shouldn't either, that SellArs got snubbed. He's overrated, anyway. Too many people sing his praises on here, overlooking a real tough guy, Mike Sellers, on our team.

Damnit, is his name spelled like that? ****. I was thinking of Peter Sellars I guess.

Portis can carry the Redskins on his back if need be?

Don't you really mean, when the offensive line makes big holes, Portis can carry the Redskins with their help?

How exactly did Portis "carry the team" in the Chicago game?

We had 31 yards rushing in that game.

What has he "carried the team" to this season? 7-7.

Yes.... He carried us into the playoffs in 2005. He is the 3rd leading rusher in the NFC... He is the 8th Leading rusher in the NFL...less than 10 yds away from 6th leading. I find it funny that we have how many returning starters playing on the O-line? He still accomplished another 1,000yd season. There are still two more games too.

Every Portis basher hops on here with their agenda and they are nothing but subjective in their opinions. Look at the cold hard facts, Portis doesn't suck... suprise! As a matter of fact, when Healthy he hasn't had anything short of a 1,000 yd season since he came here. Why would you bring up the game in which he played his worst football. Bring up a game like the two he played in the Meadowlands. He was the Horse trailer player on Sunday night you know.

The reason he should be in the ProBowl instead of Barber, is that he has more yards behind a decimated line. He is the best blocking RB in football. Barber won't even rush for 1,000 yd this season. Is that possible? To have a sub 1,000yd rusher make the probowl? Watch Portis prove you wrong the next two weeks.

Come on people do we not understand that the probowl is anything but a game of football, special rules that apply, remember the outcry when Sean flattened that kicker last year, the prowbowl is just a holiday for the most popular players in the NFL, and nothing more, I dont watch it because "IT IS NOT FOOTBALL" it is a fantasy game contrived so that the upper echelon of the NFL can pat each other on the back and say well done son you had a good season, if you doubt the above just think who should be in and who should be out....probowl is rubbish

Come on people do we not understand that the probowl is anything but a game of football, special rules that apply, remember the outcry when Sean flattened that kicker last year, the prowbowl is just a holiday for the most popular players in the NFL, and nothing more, I dont watch it because "IT IS NOT FOOTBALL" it is a fantasy game contrived so that the upper echelon of the NFL can pat each other on the back and say well done son you had a good season, if you doubt the above just think who should be in and who should be out....probowl is rubbish

I agree. The NFL should have a special committee that picks the pro bowlers. No fan or current players/coaches voting. The committee picks the starters and reserves (42 players) and picks an optional group of reserves (for ex. 4 RBs had great years, but only 3 chosen in first list).

Archived