Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2008 Pro Bowl Rosters,(merged)

method man

I think the coaches, players, and fans just made a very nice gesture by putting Sean Taylor as the starter of the pro bowl. i think this is what he deserved after an amazing half of the season and then an untimely death. no matter how many skins got snubbed (fletcher, portis, springs, carter...) this pretty much makes up for it. i could not be any happier that sean taylors spirit gets to have one more vacation in hawaii.

its not only portis that got snubbed heres a list of guys that should at least be back ups:

clinton portis (HOW DO WORSE RBS KEEP SNUBBING HIM... Warrick Dunn...Marion Barber... its so stupid)

london fletcher (top 5 in tackles and 3 interceptions, SNUB)

shawn springs (no gaudy stats because no one throws his way)

andre carter (10.5 sacks with two games to go is definatly enough to get him to hawaii)

laron landry (also no gaudy numbers but i think hes play exceptionally)

CP Ran Behind 40% Backups

From the looks of the roster it looks like Barber ran behind like 60% Pro Bowlers.

If I were to pick a better running back solely on his positions impact, it would HAVE to be CP.

But, alas, Barber is on AMERICA's TEAM. He is a backup on America's Team. America's Team's Backup deserves the nod over a back who had produced despite EVERYTHING that has happened to the Skins this season.

****ING POPULARITY CONTEST.

I don't even know why people on this forum are surprised. I'll say it again, the The Skins players always get snubbed when it comed to post season and post career accolades.

A couple points.

-When the Skins went 14-2 and won the Superbowl, I think they only sent like 7 pro bowlers. The bad thing was as a team the Skins lead the league in rushing and gave up like 9 sacks. Till this day unheard of for an O-line. The Cowbums I think the next season or the one after send 4 offensive linemen and they gave up 22 sacks. Not bad but its not 9 like the Skins o line did. The SKins only sent 2 O-linemen on their Championship team.

-Art Monk being turned down for the HOF 4 times.

-Chris Hanburger 9 time pro bowler never even considered for HOF

-A couple years back the Skins had the #1 def in the NFC and #3 overall. How many players do you guys think made it to the pro bowl off that def? I tell you. Only 1. Marcus Washington. Shawn Springs had a season like I've never seen a DB have, yet he wasn't voted in, despite being on the #1 def in the conference. 5 ints and 6 sacks.

This is the reason now that when I vote for the pro bowl I'm biased towards Skins players because even when they obviously deserve to go, they get snubbed. Hell I'm to the point that even if Tony Banks played for the Skins I'd vote for him. We always get the shaft.

Andre Gurode, Dallas???? WTF?

yeah all those over the head Shotgun snaps are preeeetty!

Fans shouldn't be allowed to vote for the pro bowl for all the reasons discussed. We're all blind homers, or most of us anyway. If we don't know who the best center in the conference is, we vote for the starter from our favorite team. It's ridiculous.

Speaking of ridiculous, if you click the "highlights" link next to Sean Taylor, it takes you to a video of some reporter talking about Favre, McNabb and Garcia. :tantrum: Spot-checked a few other players and they work fine. THat's some bu***** They weren't great highlight videos or anything, but c'mon. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Portis 280 carries, 3.9 ypc.

Barber 176, 4.9.

Can't leave stuff like that out.

CP Ran Behind 40% Backups

From the looks of the roster it looks like Barber ran behind like 60% Pro Bowlers.

If I were to pick a better running back solely on his positions impact, it would HAVE to be CP.

can't leave stuff like that out.

I still think CP should have made it too

NFC South got snubbed - NOT ONE PLAYER were selected

Ronde Barber is one of the better CB in the league

Roddy White (ATL) and Galloway (TB) are also top 10 receivers

Drew Brees is # 4 in passing yards (Hasselbeck #8), has more TD than Hasselbeck, a higher QB rating and yet Hasselbeck is chosen for pro bowl.

Colston is #3 in receiving yards ahead of both Driver and Holt, and has more TD than both Driver and Fitzgerald.

This doesn't change the fact that Portis is a far better football player than MB.

I still like the way the guy runs the ball, though. Nothing wrong with him getting into the ProBowl riding the success of his oline, I mean Emmitt did it for years;).

Portis can carry the Redskins on his back if need be. Barber can't. I would love to hear a cowboys fan tell me otherwise. If the dallas passing game gets shut down Barber does nothing. He wasn't effective when we played Dallas.

On top of that Portis is behind a makeshift line and Barber has been running behind a healthy line.

There is no comparison here. If the Redskins had Barber instead of Portis i would be ticked. He would run for 600 yards here and his YPC would probably be 3.0 not 4.9

Archived