Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2008 Pro Bowl Rosters,(merged)

method man

Be mad all you want, personally any thing about Dallas makes me ill, BUT they are a much better team than us from a personnel, drafting & long-term-on-the-field-success-approach. I only hate Jerry Jones because he's much better at running his team than our guy is...Hamlin sucks btw, that one was a terrible choice.

Look at Jacksonville. Playoff bound but not a single player including Fred Taylor, who is having a career season. They got screwed over way more than us.

Yeah. Happened to the Titans a few years ago too when they were a playoff team. The Jags are the team that I am going for in the playoffs. They remind me of the ideal Skins. Underrated. Smart QB. Strong running game. Great run defense.

This is absolutely TERRIBLE. there's got to be some bias here somewhere, I mean Dallas has either a starter or a back up on EVERY POSITION.

This has ruined my day.

This is what gets me. Some of them have no business there. People are not voting for players, they are voting for a team. Like Kicker Nicholas Folk, at least 2 other kickers are more deserving. C Andre Gurode and S Ken Hamlin, what the **** have the done? A couple more could be argued too.

portis has far more yards and also more receiving yards, plus he's a beast in blocking. the ONLY stat where barber has a significant edge is yards per carry.

Running Back, definition: One who carries the ball.

If you want an offensive lineman, draft one.

And Portis gets a huge number of carries, regardless of how well or poorly he plays.

uh, yes, that's generally how more yards happen with a lower average. point is, portis is the workhorse of this offense who has produced a whole lot more than barber has this season.

:doh:

You either get it or you don't. You only think Portis deserves it more because you cannot see past your fandom.

Take this into consideration.

Portis has 5 fumbles. Barber has only 1

Portis has 2 runs of greater than 20yds. Barber has 7.

On a related Pro Bowl note, did anyone see the interview with Mario Williams last week when he said he wouldn't buy a ticket to Hawaii until the NFL sent him there first as a Pro Bowler? he has a great attitude and Casserly is looking pretty solid for taking him over Reggie Bush...

Well, Pro Bowl voters don't actually take in to account things like pass blocking by a running back.

They don't look at the small things a player does to be great, they look at one big play or a stiff arm or something.

Barber swings at every defenders face every carry so he got in over Portis who blows up any blitzing linebacker dreaming of a sack.

Guys this **** happens every year. Alot of the players get in because of there hype. Very rarely do players get in because of there stats. My honest opinion Samuels really shouldn't have made it seeing how he's been getting beat and most of the sacks come from his side. Here's a good example the sack on Campbell that ended his season came off Samuels side. But anyway **** the pro bowl as long as Sean got in I'm happy so should everyone else. Just think of it this way the less players we get in the more likely we can keep them! Now maybe next year we can restructure Portis's contract so we can free some more space up! LOL!!!!

This is why i hate the pro bowl. It's a popularity contest and no way is Barber better then Portis. I think someone mentioned it earlier but it will just motivate Portis even more. How many think this is a joke that Barber get's it over Portis. I am one vote, ridiculous.

Archived