Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two and ahalf men: what makes it so funny?

JosephGibbs

I love Scrubs.

I love lamp.

Scrubs too. The only two sitcoms I watch anymore are Scrubs and 30 Rock. When it's funny, 30 Rock is frickin hysterical. And when it's not, it's roughly on par with 2 and a half men. Very hit or miss, though more hit than miss.

2 1/2 men is crap.

Still can't believe Sports Night and AD got canceled so quickly while this show will not die. And Scrubs kept getting moved around so you could never figure out when it was on (before Tivo). :doh:

More Reality! :rolleyes:

Agreed. It's not like you have to be a rocket scientist to understand Arrested Development.

AD does slapstick and lowbrow sex gags just like any other stupid sitcom like Two and a Half Men. The big difference is that it's actually funny, and has enough depth/subtlety behind it to make it worth watching multiple times.

Agreed. It's not like you have to be a rocket scientist to understand Arrested Development.

AD does slapstick and lowbrow sex gags just like any other stupid sitcom like Two and a Half Men. The big difference is that it's actually funny, and has enough depth/subtlety behind it to make it worth watching multiple times.

Agreed. Also- Shows like 2 and a half Men will set jokes up painfully just to get the words on the script. "Smart" comedies like AD don't have to do that because the characters are so well conceived and the talent is so top notch that the comedy is almost already there before the writers pen the episode. Brilliant.

Archived