Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hunte lookin to cop plea

Pete

I don't believe there was intent to murder, however I don't buy the theory that they didn't know anyone would be there. Why else bring a gun. Has there been any mention if anyone else had a gun as well? Don't really believe the story that this guy thought he was going to a party either...Ludicrous

I still dont know how people can keep saying this. If the shooter broke into the house, was carrying a gun, and shot Taylor how can they say for sure that it was not premeditated? He brought the gun in order to shoot if someone was there. He had the choice to shoot, or not shoot. He shot and obviously thought of doing so before he went in the house. If he did not think about it, then he wouldnt have brought the gun in the first place

exactly, why would you bring a gun in a supposedly empty house?

From what I have heard from someone who knows the kids involved, Sasha Johnsons boyfriend was the 5th person involved. They even think he was the shooter. I think that has been said somewhere here, but I was just adding info that Ive heard, which Im sure will not be taken as valid

are you serious about it being her boyfriend that is thought to be the shooter? thats the first ive heard of that, not that ive gone around scouring every article...

I don’t want these punks to get the death penalty. I want them to sit in a prison cell, day in and day out. I want them to wake up everyday wishing they were dead. I want them to hurt just like ST’s fiancé and his daughter is hurting. The death penalty is too easy. I would want death if I had to stay in a prison cell 23 hours a day for the rest of my life.
But I wish, if they are not going for the death penalty, for the trial to move to Washington, DC so they can serve there time in the prison there. How many prisoners who are Redskin fans would LOVE to get a hold of these guys?

are you serious about it being her boyfriend that is thought to be the shooter? thats the first ive heard of that, not that ive gone around scouring every article...

Local media has reported that Erik Rivera is the shooter, but that Christopher Wardow, cousin or uncle (there are varying reports) of the already accused Charles and b/f of Sasha, is the 5th suspect. Reports also state 5th suspect is on the lamb.

man this is fla. It does not matter if you intend to kill or not. The fact is that in fla if you commit a serious felony such a burglary and someone is killed in the act then you can be charged and get the death sentence. Premediated or not.

That may not be the case in Texas but it is the case in florida. So go see the other many trends regarding to see the fla law and then come back.

Dude it went right over your head. I could have used numerous examples i just picked a random one. The point is just cause you go somewhere with a gun and end up killing someone doesn't mean you were planning on murdering that person simply because you had a gun with you. Geez get a clue.

they just cannot carry a weapon until their overseas. lol

My father has mentioned this very same thing before, about forcing felons to join the military as part of their sentence. It would certainly stop the overcrowding in our jails, and yes, it would solve military recruitment problems.

I'm not really sure how I feel about that sort of thing. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure if I like the idea of a bunch of hardened criminals running around with M-16's, or whatever the standard issue weapon is now. Also, that sort of legislation I'm sure would be viewed as bigoted and raise all sorts of questions. Of course, that never bothered my father, he's not very political about these sorts of things.;)

Dude it went right over your head. I could have used numerous examples i just picked a random one. The point is just cause you go somewhere with a gun and end up killing someone doesn't mean you were planning on murdering that person simply because you had a gun with you. Geez get a clue.

You are obviously oblivious to the laws in Florida. And also very sensitive. Settle down bro. Like many other people stated in this thread, (if you even read it)it is different when you break into an occupied dwelling with a gun. You have then committed 2 felonies. That alone could be considered intent. Obviously a lot different than sitting down at a bar. That must have went right over your head. :doh:

Once again, bad example.

"get a clue"

this is florida guy. It does not have to be premeditated. Not every state is the same.

Read my other post where I cite a past case from the Florida Supreme Court and the Florida Constitution. It DOES have to be premeditated.

EDIT:

There is also proposed legislation in Florida which would further adjust this law to be more on par with other states. Even if law can be interpreted to carry the death sentence, it may be changed by the time these kids see court.

http://felonymurderfl.org/

Read my other post where I cite a past case from the Florida Supreme Court and the Florida Constitution. It DOES have to be premeditated.

EDIT:

There is also proposed legislation in Florida which would further adjust this law to be more on par with other states. Even if law can be interpreted to carry the death sentence, it may be changed by the time these kids see court.

http://felonymurderfl.org/

While that's all well and good, but what does possible future legislation have to do with anything?

And what you cited earlier is irrelevant, as you've been told over and over again in this thread, because when murder is committed during another felony, 1st degree murder charges can be given. 1st degree murder can be punished with the death penalty.

Like I said, someone I know, knows the all the kids involved. That is what HE said. But he could easily be going by lies that they told him. At this point Im sure those who are accused would have no problem dumping blame on someone else. But it almost seems logical that it could have happened that way

While that's all well and good, but what does possible future legislation have to do with anything?

And what you cited earlier is irrelevant, as you've been told over and over again in this thread, because when murder is committed during another felony, 1st degree murder charges can be given. 1st degree murder can be punished with the death penalty.

This is the part of the law you are referring to:

(1)(a) The unlawful killing of a human being:

1. When perpetrated from a premeditated design to effect the death of the person killed or any human being;

2. When committed by a person engaged in the perpetration of, or in the attempt to perpetrate, any:

d. Robbery,

e. Burglary, Fair enough, I overlooked that.

is murder in the first degree and constitutes a capital felony

Fair enough, I overlooked that. But don't hold your breath, its not going to fly. The case is too high profile, the nonshooters will get off based on the case I cited, and the shooter will likely plea down to 2nd degree as part of a deal. The odds of any death sentences being given out in this case are probably about as good as the odds of getting struck by lightening.

And the future legislation is relevant because, as I said, it could be in effect by the time the case is over and would therefore play a role in the sentencing.

My father has mentioned this very same thing before, about forcing felons to join the military as part of their sentence. It would certainly stop the overcrowding in our jails, and yes, it would solve military recruitment problems.

??? Great idea, putting low life punks in a position to get our brave young men and women volunteers killed. I'm sure you could really depend on these guys in the heat of battle. Solve recruitment problems? Yes, competent young people will be chomping at the bit to put their lives on the line depending on a bunch of felons. Where do I sign up?

You are obviously oblivious to the laws in Florida. And also very sensitive. Settle down bro. Like many other people stated in this thread, (if you even read it)it is different when you break into an occupied dwelling with a gun. You have then committed 2 felonies. That alone could be considered intent. Obviously a lot different than sitting down at a bar. That must have went right over your head. :doh:

Once again, bad example.

"get a clue"

:doh:Obviously you haven't been reading because I'm not talking about this particular case. I'm just talking about murder outside of a predicated felony. I'm talking about another type of case altogether. I'm not even discussing Florida law. I'm just talking the idea of premeditation. That's it. Once again, you have to read to comprehend. Forget the bar example. All I'm saying is, in general, not in regards to this case, possession of a gun prior to murder does not always = premeditation.

:doh:Obviously you haven't been reading because I'm not talking about this particular case. I'm just talking about murder outside of a predicated felony. I'm talking about another type of case altogether. I'm not even discussing Florida law. I'm just talking the idea of premeditation. That's it. Once again, you have to read to comprehend. Forget the bar example. All I'm saying is, in general, not in regards to this case, possession of a gun prior to murder does not always = premeditation.

Who cares about something that has no relevance to this case?

When you carry a gun to break into a house, I see that as premeditation to use it.

How?

??? Great idea, putting low life punks in a position to get our brave young men and women volunteers killed. I'm sure you could really depend on these guys in the heat of battle. Solve recruitment problems? Yes, competent young people will be chomping at the bit to put their lives on the line depending on a bunch of felons. Where do I sign up?

I wouldn't doubt the military's ability to mold it's recruits.

Ya know, its just discussion. You throw in tid bits here and there, inform others things they may not know about similar issues. It's kind of how conversations go.

Oh ... OK. The ostrich is the fastest fowl on the land and has never been convicted of pre-meditated murder in Florida. :rolleyes:

:helmet: The Rook

Congratulations on only quoting half my post, and ignoring the half where I expressed the same reservations as you. What are you, the National Enquirer?:shutup:

Who cares about something that has no relevance to this case?

Especially considering these guys ages...

It's like two ten year olds arguing about sex: neither one has practiced it...

:doh:

Personally, I'm going with the one who stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...:D

/Married to a Commonwealth's Attorney

/agrees that proving premeditation doesn't matter IRT life/death sentence

/still hoping street justice is done

/would never hire a lawyer younger than 40

Well forgive me then. I just assumed that since the thread was about Sean Taylors shooters that we would be talking about things regarding this circumstance. Sorry I did not realize it was "another type of case altogether"

Archived