Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hunte lookin to cop plea

Pete

How about this?? If Hunte was the driver and the only one that had valid license, then could it be said that if it wasn't for him they would not have had a way to go to the house that night and Taylor would not have been shot? So, without Hunte, there is no murder...

Kind of loosely related to how they said without Vick's money, there is not Dog fighting enterprise...

I wouldn't doubt the military's ability to mold it's recruits.

lol just like the prisons do. Let's take the murderous criminal element of our society and instead of punishing them, we arm them and teach them to kill like nobody else can. We'll train them in explosives, automatic weapons......and turn them loose in foreign countries to rep for the good ol' USA.

I guess I could live with that, but what about when they come home?

lol just like the prisons do. Let's take the murderous criminal element of our society and instead of punishing them, we arm them and teach them to kill like nobody else can. We'll train them in explosives, automatic weapons......and turn them loose in foreign countries to rep for the good ol' USA.

I guess I could live with that, but what about when they come home?

Let them work as stadium security at FedEx or the Linc.

Let's make it a one way ticket. ;)
lol, the needle IS a one way ticket.

One thing nobody seems to be considering - What were those guys doing kicking in that bedroom door with a gun ready? We know they knew it was Sean's house. It would be reasonable to assume that they knew The NFL season was going on and Sean would be away. They also likely knew Sean's GF did not live in DC during the off season. Were they intending to have a little fun with the GF? Or just pistol whip her into opening the safe? I think they all knew about the gun. That meets the premeditation criteria in my book.

I seriously doubt any of them get the death penalty. But they ALL should. I think they already are "all that they can be". No boot camp hell for them, just the regular hell. Sadly, we taxpayers will support them for the rest of their lives.

How about this?? If Hunte was the driver and the only one that had valid license, then could it be said that if it wasn't for him they would not have had a way to go to the house that night and Taylor would not have been shot? So, without Hunte, there is no murder...

Kind of loosely related to how they said without Vick's money, there is not Dog fighting enterprise...

I guess you could tie that together but then again it seems odd that these kids even though they had no respect for laws regarding murder/robbery, but for some reason respect the rules regarding driving on a suspended license.

But then again your going into the whole butterfly effect theory. The kids would have found a way to get there. The same could have been said about vick's money for the dog operation, there prolly would still be bad newz kennels the money to front would have come from another source.

Just to clear things up regarding felony murder, the death penalty and Florida law:

A showing of intent is not required to secure a conviction under the felony murder theory. Death occurs during the commission of a felony and in furtherene of the felony = felony murder. Intent does come into play in the penalty phase, though.

As is stands now in Florida, you CAN be setenced to death if convicted of first degree felony murder, but the State has a large burden to overcome first: "in order... to recommend a sentence of death... [the jury] must find [the defendant] was a major participant in the crime of... burglary and that [the defendant's] state of mind at the time amounted to wreckless [sic] indifference to human life." Perez v. State, 919 So.2d 347 at 366 (Fla. 2005).

In Perez, the Florida Supreme Court upheld the death sentence for a defendant convicted of felony murder where the jury found he was a major participant in a burglary and had the requisite state of mind. (The Court ended up reversing that defendant's sentence on other grounds.)

Particularly relevant to this case, though, the Perez Court determined the jury could infer the defendant's state of mind from the brutality of the murder (blunt force trauma followed by dozens of stab wounds), and noted that the crime was "a far cry from the single gunshot resulting from the reflexive reaction." Perez at 370.

So, basically, it is possible for some of the defendants in Sean's murder to be sentenced to death, but, given the circumstances of the crime and the burden the State must overcome, it seems unlikely any executions will be forthcoming.

Just to clear things up regarding felony murder, the death penalty and Florida law:

A showing of intent is not required to secure a conviction under the felony murder theory. Death occurs during the commission of a felony and in furtherene of the felony = felony murder. Intent does come into play in the penalty phase, though.

As is stands now in Florida, you CAN be setenced to death if convicted of first degree felony murder, but the State has a large burden to overcome first: "in order... to recommend a sentence of death... [the jury] must find [the defendant] was a major participant in the crime of... burglary and that [the defendant's] state of mind at the time amounted to wreckless [sic] indifference to human life." Perez v. State, 919 So.2d 347 at 366 (Fla. 2005).

In Perez, the Florida Supreme Court upheld the death sentence for a defendant convicted of felony murder where the jury found he was a major participant in a burglary and had the requisite state of mind. (The Court ended up reversing that defendant's sentence on other grounds.)

Particularly relevant to this case, though, the Perez Court determined the jury could infer the defendant's state of mind from the brutality of the murder (blunt force trauma followed by dozens of stab wounds), and noted that the crime was "a far cry from the single gunshot resulting from the reflexive reaction." Perez at 370.

So, basically, it is possible for some of the defendants in Sean's murder to be sentenced to death, but, given the circumstances of the crime and the burden the State must overcome, it seems unlikely any executions will be forthcoming.

This has already been established. Furthermore, I never disagreed with it as I was talking about murder that was not committed during another felony crime. In fact, I wasn't even talking in regards to this case. Just speaking in regards to possession of a gun and whether that always = premeditation.

Archived