Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Sean Taylor Video

First of all, I would like to apologize to the Mods for posting this in the wrong forum, I realize that there is a video section on this board, but I would like to share this video with everyone.

I made this video as my little tribute to Sean and what he meant to me as well as every other Redskins and Sean Taylor fan. It obviously has been a rough time for everyone, but his memory should still live on, as obvious as it is to say it.

It is my first attempt at making a video of any kind, so it could use some polishing and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The song is Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World.

Video footage has been taken from various sources, including the Sean Taylor tribute shown at FedEx Field. Photos has been taken from this site as well as other sources on the internet.

This song is about Mykel and Carli Allen, the women who ran the Weezer fan club. They died in a car accident driving back from a Weezer concert. They would always say "hear you me." The two women would often look for up and coming bands and would give them a place to stay. The line, "There's no one in town I know, you gave us some place to go" is talking about how when they would be in town for a concert and didn't know anyone, they stayed with Mykel and Carli, who gave them a place to stay.

I see how it applies here as well. Sean Taylor gave us some place to go whether it be Big Jack or in front of our television to see him battle it out with one of the NFL's elite receivers he entertained to no end. That song always gets me and it is even worse when played to Taylor pictures and videos.

Great transition when it gets loud at the end to the videos of Taylor pounding people from the slow moving pictures and then the transition back to pictures.

Thanks. Watching these videos still tears me up. I've been fortunate not to have lost many people close to me, but even though I never knew Sean as anything but a player, I can't help but feel a terrible sadness. He made watching games fun; he'd make plays or lay hits each week that you might see from other players only once or twice a year.

Archived