Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Skins decide to have a coaching change in 08- it must be done quickly!

88Comrade2000

All the hate is ridiculous.

Consider this fellas, ANY head coach with this many injuries would have been LUCKY to still be in a playoff chase...except JG...he's the reason we still have a shot.

Stop hating...he's the best thing that's happened to this franchise in fifteen years.

A serious question though....if you were a hot up-and-coming headcoaching candidate, would DC be anywhere near the top of your list? Whether it's true or not, the national perception is that this team is $20m over the cap next year, has an impatient, meddling owner, and an even more impatient fanbase. Seriously.

At the rate we are going, the Skins HC job is going to be like the Raiders HC job - any decent candidate will view it as a death sentence and only the desperate will consider it.

Or those looking for a huge payday. Neither is a good reason to accept a job. And even less likely to be successful if that is the case.

If we do hire from within, I'd rather have Al Saunders than Gregg Williams. Saunders will be in charge of the offense and turn JC loose. I don't know if I trust Williams as head coach, given that his defense has faltered at times -- the second half against Tampa notwithstanding.

Frankly, it really won't matter until we get a general manager.

I have but one simple question, "When are we finally going to get our Mike tomlin?"

A young up & coming co-ordinator that no one has really thought of yet...no more "big name splashes in the off-season" I want someone who can make this team a winner again without a lot of hoopla.

No we don't. Every Patriots coordinator has effectively flopped. It's easy to be a good coach when your team is stud at every position.

Romeo Crennel is slowly but surely getting it turned around in Cleveland. He has those guys believing they can win and they're doing it with lower-round talent.

I have but one simple question, "When are we finally going to get our Mike tomlin?"

A young up & coming co-ordinator that no one has really thought of yet...no more "big name splashes in the off-season" I want someone who can make this team a winner again without a lot of hoopla.

This is the main reason why the Snyder Era has hurt this franchise. He focuses more on what will generate buzz and excitement, or the "sexy" pick if you will, instead of the person most qualified or what may be the best choice to guarantee on-field success.

Romeo Crennel is slowly but surely getting it turned around in Cleveland. He has those guys believing they can win and they're doing it with lower-round talent.

This is the main reason why the Snyder Era has hurt this franchise. He focuses more on what will generate buzz and excitement, or the "sexy" pick if you will, instead of the person most qualified or what may be the best choice to guarantee on-field success.

Agreed about Romeo...if it wasn't for the guy in New England Romeo would be the coach of the year without a doubt...but chances are likely he won't get it.

Again agreed about the "buzz" generating that Snyder does...the one thing that JKC has over Snyder besides 3 Super-Bowl trophies...he let the team's on the field play generate the buzz...he didn't have to manufacture it.

How about we deal with the front office mess first, and then allow for a new front office department to decide who the new head coach will be (which is their job)? THAT has been the one common denominator in all the losing seasons we've had with all different coaches and different players.

We need to quit putting the cart before the horse.

Agreed about Romeo...if it wasn't for the guy in New England Romeo would be the coach of the year without a doubt...but chances are likely he won't get it.

Again agreed about the "buzz" generating that Snyder does...the one thing that JKC has over Snyder besides 3 Super-Bowl trophies...he let the team's on the field play generate the buzz...he didn't have to manufacture it.

He also got out of the way and let the football-knowledgeable people take care of the on-field business.

How about we deal with the front office mess first, and then allow for a new front office department to decide who the new head coach will be (which is their job)? THAT has been the one common denominator in all the losing seasons we've had with all different coaches and different players.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Obviously if we make the playoffs, there won't be change in coaching unless Gibbs decides he wants to retire.

I know they are those think we are going to the playoffs. I don't. I think we will finish 7-9.

If Gibbs and Synder decide that Gibbs will not be back in 2008; then it must be done quickly. Already the Falcons job is open. There should be some more openings. If we decide to go in a new direction; then we need to be given time for Synder to outpay,out smooze everyone else. If Synder wants someone, he usually gets them.

Sorry to those Williams fans, he would only be fallback candidate.

Everyone knows I feel Gibbs should go but I will say this: If they decide Gibbs will come back, then I feel he should be given a one year extension. It isn't good to go into a season as a lame duck. .

Speaking of the Falcons job, we could always trade Joe there. He would've been their coach had Spurrier came back for a third year.

I wouldn't think there would be a big competition on which job to choose if I were a head coach looking for a job. Atlanta is in shambles right now, and I don't see them getting good anytime soon. The Redskins have a pretty solid foundation to build off on offense, and the D is more than servicable. So I'm not sure we should rush into gettting a head coach, we should do a thorough investigation of our candidate before we decided to throw some Snyder money at him.

Oh no...oh no we are not going to tollerate your use of logic and good judgement around here...no way we can have that here.

I wouldn't think there would be a big competition on which job to choose if I were a head coach looking for a job. Atlanta is in shambles right now, and I don't see them getting good anytime soon. The Redskins have a pretty solid foundation to build off on offense, and the D is more than servicable.

I don't think that the Skins job is as desirable as we would like to think. Whether it is true or not, the word is out that the Skins are $20m over the cap for next year with an impatient and meddling owner. Coaches that have had much success in different organizations have failed here.

Why would someone want to jump here? Unless it is solely for the money...and that's not something you want your head coach basing his decision on, right?

Archived