Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Skins decide to have a coaching change in 08- it must be done quickly!

88Comrade2000

Obviously if we make the playoffs, there won't be change in coaching unless Gibbs decides he wants to retire.

I know they are those think we are going to the playoffs. I don't. I think we will finish 7-9.

If Gibbs and Synder decide that Gibbs will not be back in 2008; then it must be done quickly. Already the Falcons job is open. There should be some more openings. If we decide to go in a new direction; then we need to be given time for Synder to outpay,out smooze everyone else. If Synder wants someone, he usually gets them.

Sorry to those Williams fans, he would only be fallback candidate.

Everyone knows I feel Gibbs should go but I will say this: If they decide Gibbs will come back, then I feel he should be given a one year extension. It isn't good to go into a season as a lame duck. .

Speaking of the Falcons job, we could always trade Joe there. He would've been their coach had Spurrier came back for a third year.

Didn't Williams contract have a stipulation about being offered the job?

Here is my opinion:

Joe will be named GM. Danny boy will waive some money around and try to coax Cowher out of retirement. We keep GW and AS at their current roles.

If Danny hires a GM (which he would do very reluctantly) the only one he would feel comfortable with is Joe.

An extreme scenario: Jimmy Johnson. I know that is forbidden territory around here but I rule nothing out. I have learned that over the last 8 years.

Speaking of the Falcons job, we could always trade Joe there. He would've been their coach had Spurrier came back for a third year.

If Gibbs decides not to continue as the 'Skins HC, he will never wear another headset.

In the wake of the ST tradgedy, Gibbs has realized that time spent with his family is the most important thing in the world.

If he decides to give another year in DC, it will be purely out of respect for the fans and Dan Snyder, and will be solely a gesture to give his full effort to right the ship here..:2cents:

Obviously if we make the playoffs, there won't be change in coaching unless Gibbs decides he wants to retire.

I know they are those think we are going to the playoffs. I don't. I think we will finish 7-9.

If Gibbs and Synder decide that Gibbs will not be back in 2008; then it must be done quickly. Already the Falcons job is open. There should be some more openings. If we decide to go in a new direction; then we need to be given time for Synder to outpay,out smooze everyone else. If Synder wants someone, he usually gets them.

Your kidding right? What makes you think Snyder won't let Gibbs finish his last year of his contract? If anyone needs to go it's Al Saunders and that damn 700 page playbook. IMO

Your kidding right? What makes you think Snyder won't let Gibbs finish his last year of his contract? If anyone needs to go it's Al Saunders and that damn 700 page playbook. IMO

Unless TC lights it up these last few weeks I would have to agree. The players seem to hate the scheme and playbook takes so long to master.

Unless TC lights it up these last few weeks I would have to agree. The players seem to hate the scheme and playbook takes so long to master.

Plus how old is Saunders, we dont need any more oldies who will retire soon. I rather find ourselves the next Gibbs or next Cowher type

Plus how old is Saunders, we dont need any more oldies who will retire soon. I rather find ourselves the next Gibbs or next Cowher type

I'm not a big fan of the "up and comer" everyone seems to want... I just don't think Saunders would stick around even if the offense did well. I think GW would get the head coaching job when Gibbs retires and I don't think Saunders came here to be an offensive coordinator for the next 10 years.

- Bill Cowher is still young. the skins HC job is the best coaching job in the league (even better than Dallas, may be even in all of football -where else do you get a free spending owner and a huge fan base that packs the stadium in both good and bad times; you also have a team with good young players)

- If Bill Cowher does not come back, Greg Williams is a good option (the patriots O Coordinator is a bad option - i could draw up clever plays with Brady, Moss, Welker, Stallworth and that offensive line)

They need to clean house, danny boy needs to hire a GM who knows football and who knows how to build a team

This ain't the Dolphins. There's a lot of talent here with good coaching.

I agree the skins need to hire a GM who knows football, but cleaning house is going to far in my humble opinion.

I just think this team isn't very well coached, they have major clock management issues, poor time outs, replay issues, the list goes on and on. I just dont think GW or AS are the answer. I'd give Gibbs and staff one more season and if no improvement, smoke them all. I'd like to see a Mike Tomlin type of coach in there.

Honestly, Gregg Williams hasn't really impressed me as a head coach. I think that he is very good coordinator, but I don't believe that he is good enough to manage a whole team. I could be wrong, but I don't want a guy who was willing to let the Patriots pick him apart after they had already rang up 38 on the defense during the first half. I think that it would be best if we get not only a good coach, but a GM to accompany that coach. Just my 2cents.

Mcarey032, that has been my gripe. GW seems soooo reluctant to make adjustments when his schemes are picked apart. It almost seems as if there is a level of arogance with him.

Sometimes it is not obvious to the regular fan but there are times when the players are not simply outplayed...but the coaches are just outcoached.

All in all, will I be a redskins fan this year? Yes. Next year? Yes. Ten years from now? Unless an unfortunate heart condition forms from years of rooting for the skins, Yes.

Archived