Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I've held it in as long as I can (rant)

bigtommmy

Let me start by saying I've been coming here for 5-6 years. I've never joined or wanted to until a couple weeks ago. The reason I joined was to voice my opinion on how ridiculous this board has gotten. I used to love reading educated discussion on the Skins and find out information on the team. Now I sit and read ignorant posts for dumb asses. I still can't get over some "fans" are bashing and criticizing everything. Lets look at this year. Gibbs lets the players work on their own because that's what THEY wanted. You lose your left guard to FA. Your LT misses the whole preseason. Start the year, RT gone for the year, RG gone for the year, receivers can't practice, linemen can't practice, hardest schedule in the league, worst tragedy imaginable, starting CB done for year, one of the best QB in the league knee injury, etc. There is no other team, coach, players, orginzation in the NFL that could go through this and still be not only competitive but in the playoff hunt. But, instead of celebrating this, we have "fans" that constantly bash Gibbs, and the team. I almost puked watching the game and seeing empty seats in the 4th quarter. Everybody on that team poured everything they had into that game and how do they get rewarded, EMPTY SEATS. I have gone from being so proud to be a Skins fan for how we handled the tragedy of losing Taylor to being disgusted reading this board and seeing people leave early! Here's an idea, if you can't have a normal discussion without saying what a joke a topic is, or how bad Gibbs is, don't post. Better yet pick another team and go ***** about them. This team, and fans deserve better!:logo:

Then the moderators need to screen out anything negative said about the team then...last I looked, criticizing the team was not illegal on this board. Think someone needs to find another board if that someone can't handle it. To me one sided, homer discussions non stop would be boring after a while.

Let me start by saying I've been coming here for 5-6 years. I've never joined or wanted to until a couple weeks ago. The reason I joined was to voice my opinion on how ridiculous this board has gotten. I used to love reading educated discussion on the Skins and find out information on the team. Now I sit and read ignorant posts for dumb asses. I still can't get over some "fans" are bashing and criticizing everything. Lets look at this year. Gibbs lets the players work on their own because that's what THEY wanted. You lose your left guard to FA. Your LT misses the whole preseason. Start the year, RT gone for the year, RG gone for the year, receivers can't practice, linemen can't practice, hardest schedule in the league, worst tragedy imaginable, starting CB done for year, one of the best QB in the league knee injury, etc. There is no other team, coach, players, orginzation in the NFL that could go through this and still be not only competitive but in the playoff hunt. But, instead of celebrating this, we have "fans" that constantly bash Gibbs, and the team. I almost puked watching the game and seeing empty seats in the 4th quarter. Everybody on that team poured everything they had into that game and how do they get rewarded, EMPTY SEATS. I have gone from being so proud to be a Skins fan for how we handled the tragedy of losing Taylor to being disgusted reading this board and seeing people leave early! Here's an idea, if you can't have a normal discussion without saying what a joke a topic is, or how bad Gibbs is, don't post. Better yet pick another team and go ***** about them. This team, and fans deserve better!:logo:

I agree with alot of your points. What I will say is that the team should have poured everything into the Bills game, and won that one because that is the one that got super media attention. Instead, we went out and blew it. The reason the seats were empty were:

It was below freezing out

People work Friday morning

I don't like the negativity on this board. However, I will admit I've been negative here before. That's why America is so great, freedom of speech. We might disagree in a healthy manner here, but we're Skins fans and if we were ALWAYS positive, what fun would that be?

Good post!! :cheers:

Then the moderators need to screen out anything negative said about the team then...last I looked, criticizing the team was not illegal on this board. Think someone needs to find another board if that someone can't handle it. To me one sided, homer discussions non stop would be boring after a while.

Exactly....otherwise name this place www.EXTREMEREDSKINSHOMERS.MORONS and please revoke my membership.

Maybe Extremskins should be split into 2 sites. One for negativity - in which everyone can bemoan how horrible this team is and how everything needs to be changed, and one for optimism - where everyone can sit and hold hands around a campfire and discuss how much the Redskins will dominate the next game and all season.

I, for one, would choose to visit neither of these sites.

I long for the day people get past the elementary-school mentality of dividing people on football message boards into "homers" and "haters."

Come on Om, you know everything these days is us vs them. How else does anything get done, just look at poli.....wait a minute, maybe you have a point.

All people have different opinions so what makes you think that limiting the responses everyone has will fix your "nooneisatruefananymore" theory? Isnt that what makes this forum go around?

Im not saying there arent stupid people who post here, but what your complaining about is someones rightful opinion and there is really nothing you can do about it.

Well. just like everything in life, there's good/bad, big/small, fat/thin, etc. etc. Life would be boring without opposites. I'll admit that the negativity has been bad around here, and I've been one of them, but jiminy christmas it's not like we've had alot of good to talk about the last 16 years and the season just keeps getting worse and worse.

And I'll take a line from your last paragraph. "Here's an idea, if you don't like the negativity, then don't come in here."

Oh well.............

Homers = Haters/Lovers

Haters/Lovers = Homers

and the Board continues;

as far as the stadium becoming empty at 4th Quarter - it wasn't me sitting in that sub zero setting........and the only seats I saw becoming empty were in the bottom rows -

BUT, as a geo challenged fan - unable to go to the stadium every game, I hung onto my TV until the scoreboard flashed 00:30 sec left and the camera scanned Gibbs and Lovey shaking hands.

Sorry you aren't happy with the Board, go to the Posts you feel you want to read, stay away from the posts that are "offensive" to you - and feel free to jump in and support or argue - your CHOICE (GOD I love America!). But, welcome to the Board - have some fun with it - I have learned alot from my fellow ES'ers:2cents:

I do agree with what your saying, but it is a open forum. Think about it dont you get tired of every interview, I just give 110% lookin forward and rainbows and candy. Our team does fight very hard and credit is due. Its just like howard stern, you dont like him turn the station. Hey just a little question. Are you a republican?

I think what he is saying, and its something that I agree with, if someone is going to say something negative about the team, they shouldn't completely ignore reality. Put some thought into the criticisms.

All I got to say is LOL...someone is a little bit sensitive eh? :silly:

Oh, and if we ARE going to divide the board up, we need to make sure we do it right.

1. Superhomers

2. Homers

3. Moderate fans

4. Critical fans

5. Anti-Homers

6. Bashers

There...we now have the full spectrum of Redskin fandom covered. Hope this makes you happy :silly:

I agree with alot of your points. What I will say is that the team should have poured everything into the Bills game, and won that one because that is the one that got super media attention. Instead, we went out and blew it. The reason the seats were empty were:

It was below freezing out

People work Friday morning

I don't like the negativity on this board. However, I will admit I've been negative here before. That's why America is so great, freedom of speech. We might disagree in a healthy manner here, but we're Skins fans and if we were ALWAYS positive, what fun would that be?

Good post!! :cheers:

I agree with the first post and I agree with this one to some extent. Sure, this is America and we have freedom of speech and all that but I just don't understand why you would be a fan of a team and be overly negative and critical of them. I want to see them win. I like rooting for them. I like cheering. I don't like it when I cry after a tough loss but they can't win every game. And I think it's completely possible to criticize things without being such a Negative Nancy about it. I think some of the criticisms I've seen here are valid but they're just so gosh darn negative. Let's see if we can't be a little more positive in our approach to things. It's what I do and things seem to work out better that way.

As fans we need to support our team. Yes, OUR team. Do you think fans from other teams are supporting us? No, of course not. They're busy supporting their team. So if we don't support us, then who will?

meast4eva

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwbiggs

I think what he is saying, and its something that I agree with, if someone is going to say something negative about the team, they shouldn't completely ignore reality. Put some thought into the criticisms.

So now we exclude the not so smart...does open discussion forum mean open to everyone?

All people have different opinions so what makes you think that limiting the responses everyone has will fix your "nooneisatruefananymore" theory? Isnt that what makes this forum go around?

Im not saying there arent stupid people who post here, but what your complaining about is someones rightful opinion and there is really nothing you can do about it.

Isnt everyone that comes on here that is negative and/or positive about our team winning and losing a true fan. I mean who on here is happy about losing and who doesnt hope for this team to start a 8 game winning streak(that means winning the SB for you slower ones) right now? Except for the trolls we are all TRUE REDSKIN FANS!

I wasn't trying to seperate or say that people shouldn't be critical, but I was reading the post about how only a Joe Gibbs coached would have won last and three replies down is, this is a joke blah, blah fire Gibbs blah blah. It just set me off. You can say what you will but man I've never seen a team go through what they have and keep going. I just think there is a better way to criticize than what is done on here now.

Most people who post here are VERY passionate when it comes to the Redskins.

Passion manifests itself in different ways with different people. I enjoy it all.

Nicely said.:point2sky Anybody think lavar is goin to try to be a skin again? I say this because of his speech at Sean's funeral.

I wasn't trying to seperate or say that people shouldn't be critical, but I was reading the post about how only a Joe Gibbs coached would have won last and three replies down is, this is a joke blah, blah fire Gibbs blah blah. It just set me off. You can say what you will but man I've never seen a team go through what they have and keep going. I just think there is a better way to criticize than what is done on here now.

Welcome to the big leagues Tommy. :cheers:

You are missing the point. The creator of this thread is not trying to say "Don't criticize", it's the way people go about it. There's an approachable, sensible way to bring up an opinion, and then there is a very piercing, sharp, immature way to bring about a point. When I read piercing points, the ones that criticize fellow fans malevolently, that exaggerate, that use capital letters, curse words, or excessive exclamation points, actually make me feel a pit at the bottom of my stomach. Maybe it's because I am not confrontational. At the same time, when people bring up counter points, or points on their displeasure with Gibbs coaching style, etc., but with tact, I can respect it and take it into account.

With that said, there is unfortunately nothing we can do about folks coming in and voicing virtually anything they want. And you'll notice, it's not just people in their teens and 20s. It's folks in their 30s and 40s.

Well, I give Gibbs a little more credit and slack after this past two weeks, I agree. But still, no one is above criticism. Gibbs would be the first to say that.

But I don't understand why you were calling out the fans from last night. I thought we did very well considering the weather. I stayed until the last play. But my family did go in with about 8-10 minutes or so left in the 4th. It was damn cold. I was tempted to go in, too, after the Betts touchdown. But I wanted to give them a standing O for winning this game under these circumstances.

But I literally had to jog up and down our row to be able to even stand it (the cold after 3.5 hours)

Overall I can't see how you can call out the fans last night.

Archived