Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES COVERAGE: REDSKINS vs BEARS (Final)

JimmiJo

Overall, good win for you guys. Even though the running didn't take off, the screen passes seemed to work well for both teams. Missed opportunities were huge for both sides, but the Skins had the chance to put the Bears away in the 4th and succeeded. Hopefully Campbell's injury won't be too bad, even though it looks that way.

I hear it depends on how severe it is and if there is other damage to the knee. That being said I don't know. Is there a doctor in the house?

Blade?

I'm not Blade, but:

Every case of dislocation is different. The dislocation that Jason "appears" to have suffered refers is a patella dislocation. It is initially treated by keeping the knee straight for an extended period of time (up to six weeks) to allow healing of the torn ligaments (patello-femoral ligaments). The cause can be multi-factorial. A trauma may cause it and the knee may not require any additional treatment beyond immobilization and subsequent therapy.

Once therapy is started, special attention is given to strengthening the quadriceps musculature. If the cause of the dislocation is because of malalignment of the knee, or because of a bony abnormality, the specific problem may need to be addressed surgically.

We'll just have to wait and see what the Team Docs say - I can personally state they are very painful, I have had such injury (not from football impact)- they are very painful and mine resulted in a patellar-tendon transplant. I pray Jason doesn't have to have this type of surgery.

I'm not Blade' date=' but:

Every case of dislocation is different. The dislocation that Jason "appears" to have suffered refers is a patella dislocation. It is initially treated by keeping the knee straight for an extended period of time (up to six weeks) to allow healing of the torn ligaments (patello-femoral ligaments). The cause can be multi-factorial. A trauma may cause it and the knee may not require any additional treatment beyond immobilization and subsequent therapy.

Once therapy is started, special attention is given to strengthening the quadriceps musculature. If the cause of the dislocation is because of malalignment of the knee, or because of a bony abnormality, the specific problem may need to be addressed surgically.

We'll just have to wait and see what the Team Docs say - I can personally state they are very painful, I have had such injury (not from football impact)- they are very painful and mine resulted in a patellar-tendon transplant. I pray Jason doesn't have to have this type of surgery.

Thanks D. Everyone I spoke is confident the season is over for young Mr. Campbell.

One final moment I forgot to share with the class from my recap last night. Ten minutes or so after the game, the team opens the door to the locker room and we all head in for player interviews. Not too long after we get in there, Will Norman (of the Redskins PR) loudly says "Todd Collins will be in the conference room" and heads out the door in that direction. Not three seconds later, I happened to be over by Collins and he looked around and asked "Where's the conference room?" to no one in particular. I had to laugh.

To say that tonight's game had an unlikely ending would be a pretty big understatement.

Great writeups, especially murf. I think id have to agree with you 100% that I was happy to see Suisham miss those FG's. Time and time again ive seen us settle for them, and its killed us. I thought it was good for coaches to feel they could rely on FG's less. I think thats one of those key things we have been missing so far, that kind of drive to get 7, rather than just to get any points.

One final moment I forgot to share with the class from my recap last night. Ten minutes or so after the game, the team opens the door to the locker room and we all head in for player interviews. Not too long after we get in there, Will Norman (of the Redskins PR) loudly says "Todd Collins will be in the conference room" and heads out the door in that direction. Not three seconds later, I happened to be over by Collins and he looked around and asked "Where's the conference room?" to no one in particular. I had to laugh.

To say that tonight's game had an unlikely ending would be a pretty big understatement.

- From my standpoint, "no truer words spoken"

:D - I take it Murf, you pointed him in the "general" direction. Sad moment for Jason - but we'll see what Mr. Collins does with this untimely opportunity.

I am just guessing, but I guess that the Gibbs presser is to state Mr. Collins is NOW are starting QB and to address a thrid QB? Anyway, I hope that is all "that presser" is about.

Great job as always guys.

I have but one request. Could you please get an interview with Stephon Heyer. The Kid seems to be doing a very good job, has gotten a ton of playing time, and I would really like to hear his thoughts on his own progress.

I have but one request. Could you please get an interview with Stephon Heyer. The Kid seems to be doing a very good job, has gotten a ton of playing time, and I would really like to hear his thoughts on his own progress.

I specifically looked for him after the Bears game, but never saw him in the locker room once they let us in. Will try to get him in New York.

You sure you want that interview, Pete? Maybe you should get a second opinion from one of our favorite forum experts :D

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4556032&postcount=2617

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4556138&postcount=2703

I agree with you Pete, he's been a very cool NFL feel-good story so far. :)

You sure you want that interview, Pete? Maybe you should get a second opinion from one of our favorite forum experts :D

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4556032&postcount=2617

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4556138&postcount=2703

I agree with you Pete, he's been a very cool NFL feel-good story so far. :)

:laugh:

I'll book mark those two posts for future fun, when Heyer replaces Jansen as the starter in the not so far off future. ;)

Archived